Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Nobody thinks Sony cares about them. But laying out genuine reasons why a company increases their prices doesn't make people fanboys. But dismissing anything people say with "fanboys" makes you whatever the opposite of a fanboy is.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭giftfromthegods

Oh great. Can't wait for your meltdown every time a game is a little more expensive than you want it to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Jaysus where do some people come from

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Right, like being annoyed about a 50 euros price increase is a crime.

I get it now anyway, nobody cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭giftfromthegods

No, but being abusive to everyone, calling everyone fanboys and shills and throwing your toys out of the pram is a very very bad look.

You were calling for a boycott because Sony were evil exploiting corporate monsters....... then you managed to find one for the old price so you happily hand over your money to them.

Absolute hypocrisy and childish to boot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

You're absolutely right. Nobody cares when someone has a childish tantrum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Ok yep.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,207 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: OK, that’s enough of that back and forth. No problem with further discussion of the price rise, but quinnd6 you’ve had your say and people have responded so let’s leave that sub-discussion at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

The Midnight Purple DualSense controller is beautiful:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Looks nice, does it come with friends? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,854 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I do like the colours, but they would clash with the console so I just couldn't get one...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,516 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

It is. Had my eye on one for a while and my nearest Gameshtop had two in stock so I managed to pick one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Aye. Love the purple, have one paired up with the official purple plates on the unit and really feels at home.

Nice. Do the purple plates look good with the glossy black on the console.

Unfortunately that glossy centre is still the bane of the PS5 regardless of the plates. I know there's options out there to remedy that but never really looked into them (not a fan of DBrand either TBH). So I make do by just trying to keep direct light sources away from it, but joking aside, the purple tends to sit well with darker surroundings anyway so works for me.

In fact, the only change I'd like to see with the Purple Dualsense is perhaps a few black buttons. Something that's nice to see with the new Edge design.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Do you mind me asking where you got the official plates? I can't seem to find anywhere that sells/ships them to Ireland and the eBay prices are mental.

Amazon Germany

Not the cheapest, not to mention the black commands a higher price, but at least they're the real thing. Worth a pop if ordering something else to help cover shipping. Just be careful to make sure you're set with digital or standard as Amazon tends to select version depending on what colours are in stock. Picked up a purple standard and a black digital a little while back and they showed up in a couple days.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0B1LGW5Q3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Damn, €70 for the black standard one is pricey AF. I may still get it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

If you buy these you're just encouraging Sony to never fix this bad design ...

• Advertisement

I actually like the design, it just doesn't fit with the rest of of my equipment.

I had the same mentality, so I threw off the mental chains and go something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭techdiver

Quick question for those of you in the know here.

I bought a PS5 for my son for Christmas coming as there was stock available in Smyths last week so I thought I'd avoid the Christmas rush and bank one now. I've sent it to the grandparents for now to hide. I was just wondering whether it's easy to unpack and repack to test the device (without leaving obvious signs that it had been opened)? I don't want to wait to find out there are issues on Christmas morning and only being offered a repair as opposed to a replacement as at that stage the console will be 4 months old nearly (as I have found that is often the policy with electronics after 30 days).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Ah if you're careful, you'll have no problems.

ONLY thing that occurs to me is that there is an animation that only plays once when you set up the machine. Now if the wee man is unlikely to care, then I'd fire ahead, no harm getting a test done. Just take your time taking things out of boxes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,430 ✭✭✭jj880

Chances are you'd be fine but I did this for my son to be sure. He never noticed anything. As said above no problems to repack and reseal the box if you are careful. Tested it out with a 4k tv and downloaded any updates needed so it was ready to play Christmas morning.

Search "ps5 first startup" on YouTube if you want to see the 1 time animation.

Post edited by jj880 on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,854 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

They'll be so excited to see a PS5, they won't notice that it has been opened already I'm sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,792 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Better off having it updated and maybe a game installed in case the network goes down for any reason.

The outer box is made of extremely flimsy cardboard that is very easy to rip, so you will need to be careful there. I don't recall the inside of the box layout being particularly complicated so it should be easy to put everything back into place. I suppose it really depends on your internet connection, whether or not there is an already-existing PSN account, what games you are getting with it and if they are disc-based. If Call of Duty is involved in any way I would absolutely crack it open and get that downloaded beforehand. If it something like Lego Star Wars you should be fine to open it that morning.

Either way the first game you should be playing is AstroBot and you can play that more or less straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Repo101

You probably won't have any issues on Christmas morning but I would set it up in advance, preload the game, download updates and check the controller and PS5 is working correctly.

My initial PS5 had an issue with the disc drive and wouldn't connect online so it's no harm giving it a good check over before it's under the tree at Christmas to avoid any issues on the day.

It's simple to unpack but as others have advised be aware of the brittle cardboard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Had my account compromised last night, soembody got access and setup 2 step verification on it so that I can't log back in and had to cancel bank cards. Sony support is Monday to Friday which is a disaster. Has this happened anyone else before? Wondering what the likelihood of getting my account back is

Advertisement