Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭nedd

You could do what I did.

Sign up for XBox Game Pass Ultimate to cloud stream all the Xbox games you have missed over the years.

Start with Halo Infinite and realise about 5 hours in it's fairly shite. Move on to Gears 5 and realise about 5 hours in it's fairly shite. Spend about an hour looking for an XBox game you missed that is actually worth playing. Find none and play Mario on the switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Haven't touched my Series X in months I just find the PS5 is my base console and will always go straight to it unless the game just isn't there. I have a few games I am keeping an eye on for Xbox down the line though. When it comes to the PS5 I bought it day one I don't really care its gone up in price if people want it bad enough they will pay it sure they where paying more from scalpers for the last year or so anyway. I have a switch sitting there which usually only gets used these days when where all playing something together don't get me started on Nintendo and what there allowed to get away with never mind Sony!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I know the whole first party day and date thing is a big selling point for Gamepass, but yea I rarely play them for more than a few hours too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭nedd

Like HSIN I have a PS5 already so price increase doesn't impact me, that said it is **** enough from Sony given how the economy is going around the world.

I haven't had an XBox since the OG and thought I was missing loads of great exclusive games. Turns out after signing up for GamePass it was FOMO and PS has the best offering of exclusives.

90% of the problem I am facing with GamePass is most of the games on it I already have from PSPlus. So not the amazing experience I was hoping for. For someone new to console gaming who hasn't had every PS console then GamePass would be great.

Sorry, I know I have sidelined the conversation from price increase to PS Vs XBox. Not my intention to start a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Its a **** thing for Sony to do but for every guy who decides he's not buying one there will be a hand full who will gladly pay the extra fifty Sony know this. The demand will always be there for the Playstation.

The only thing Xbox has on the Playstation is Gamepass and as mentioned above it doesn't suit everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I think I probably have enough old games to last me a couple of years so I can just play them and by then the Ps5 won't be worth bothering about anyway at whatever price Sony are trying to scalp their own console at by then. Gaming has gone to the dogs between always connected constantly updating Call of Duty games, to games that are so bugged they're unplayable, to forced online live service crap like GT 7, gaming is in a very bad state. The PS4 is still getting The Callisto Protocol anyway but no one will know what that will run or look like till it's out so anyway that's that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Inflation is at an all time high, the dollar is less than the euro for the first time in two decades. Everything is up in price, half the stuff we get in our food shop has doubled in price and gas/electricity is double what it was a few years ago. But a console going up 10% is the end of the world lol.

Definitely sucks but it's one of the last things you need to worry about going up in price when day to day living has gotten expensive. I lost €3-4k discount on a new car because of stock constraints. Enjoy the **** show that will be the next few years.

They're the first company to put up in price a gaming console to a price more expensive than its launch price. The other stuff has no relevance at all. We're talking about gaming here. The other stuff is irrelevant. Don't go try justifying the unjustifiable with irrelevant crap. Gaming is my hobby and it's important to me. It's pure greed on Sony's part. They're making billions. Sony are greedy **** and the world is full of greedy evil **** putting up the price of everything and doing their best to take advantage of people and rip off people with regards everything but it doesn't change the fact that Sony are evil, greedy **** too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

You can't complain about the cost of a console going up then say everything else is irrelevant when literally everything is going up in price as currency values are in the toilet, inflation is at an all time high and there's still production constraints and it all has a direct impact on their profitability. Their decision was hardly made lightly and they know they're going to get backlash over it. People are acting like it's an isolated thing when it's not.

Stop defending them.

Use your brain.

Are you guys working for Sony?

Everyone raising the price of everything is bloody inflation and Sony are adding to it now too.

More bloody inflation.

They're a multi billion dollar company with massive profits and they want to screw their fanbase, the gamers. They're greedy ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,199 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mod note: Keep it civil please folks, no need to make it personal.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭Varik

There's 2 3 way switches on the back that are probably that, they'd not be usable for anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭jj880

If prices are to go up that's unavoidable. However Sony seem to have decided the mugs in Europe are going to pay substantially more. Zero increase in the US. 20 CAD in Canada.£30 (35 euro) in the UK. 50 AUD in Australia (35 euro). 50 euro for us eejits.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Amazon rumoured to announcing the purchase of EA today.

Wonder how much? Maybe around 40-45 billion.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The switches on the back are probably for the adjustable triggers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Yea that was my read on it. The ones underneath are definitely the function buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Think you have lost perspective there. You have a PS4 and you can play most of the latest games on your existing console. It's a crap move but there's logic to it.

If you truly wanted a PS5, you would have gotten one by now. Xbox, Nintendo and PC are all available to take your money as well.

I give up.

I can't make anyone see any sense here. People keep defending Sony. It's ridiculous. You all have PS5s anyway so it's a screw everyone else attitude here. I won't be joining you. I'm done with Sony and their greed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,375 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Sorry could you repeat that? Couldn’t hear you over the sound of my PS5’s coil whine. 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭doney84

What makes you think Sony is immune to the global increase in prices for goods and services?

Yes it sucks things are getting more expensive but like has been already said Sony likely didn't make this decision lightly. They make very little on the sale of the console, instead making their money on subscription services and software. They're bound to have to cover the build cost of a console somewhat but it absolutely suits them to retail it for as cheap as possible so to bump up the install base and sell more subscription services and software.

The majority of people here are Sony fanboys defending them.

It's absolutely pathetic.

Do you really think Sony care about you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭jj880

This is undeniably funny.

I own a ps5 but have friends who are still looking for one. Im annoyed by the difference in price increase by region but Sony know they won't get away with a price increase in the US because they would lose out to Xbox. Here they know they have a bigger fan base so we get screwed. Its sh!t but that's how it is. Buy or don't buy. I'm not sure what else anyone here can do.

What anyone else can do here is what you just said in your last sentence.

Don't buy.

It's as simple as that.

Don't feed the Sony money monster.

Don't buy it.

Well and good if you can get it for 500 fine go ahead but don't support this.

That's what people can do but we'll see. They'll likely still give Sony all their cash. I have zero faith in people but that's the only way you defeat the greed and arrogance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Electricity gone up by ~85% in the last year, it's a rip off, hopefully you've stood by your guns and cancelled your account with your electricity supplier :D

I don't know if you're trying to be funny or sarcastic but I did change my electricity supplier.

Thread is full of twats unfortunately anyway so now for sure I am out of here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Every component in the playstation is more expensive. The electricity used to make them costs more. The fuel to ship them to the shop costs more.

• Advertisement

I kinda have to take back a lot of what I said now as I just ordered a PS5. Sorry about the insults. I didn't think I'd be able to get one but managed to order one now at the 500 price. I'm actually excited and happy about it. Glad I did get one as some newer games don't run too well on the PS4. It's a pre-order though so I don't think I'll get it for about a month but that's fine. Just wanted to get one for Christmas anyway.

Post edited by quinnd6 on

Advertisement