Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,576 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Stray is now available for download. 30 euro or 'free' on PS Plus Extra. 7.5gb download.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Might have to upgrade to Extra just for Stray (€29.99 vs €38.46), intrigued since it was teased ages back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Downloaded it, but I'm under strict instructions from my kids that I can't play it until they do

• Registered Users Posts: 13,854 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Have it ready to play for later, looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,881 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Decided to play the Infamous Second Son Cole DLC so downloaded the game from Plus and downloaded my save from the cloud. But turns out for dinner spots reason, I can't use the save from a disc version with a digital version of the game. Luckily I have the disc still so will try that and it'll hopefully work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,576 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I started up the game last night, looks really nice on PS5. Can't skip cutscenes though which is a pain, i just want to get to freeroam with decent powers.

Did the DLC and just kept going. Plenty left to do with my evil playthrough with districts to clear. And just got a couple more trophies as well. The Infamous games are among my favourites. Probably why I enjoyed Control so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Not sure where else to ask this but I'm going to sell my console. I have a PS account with a modest library of games - do people ever sell these, i.e. coordinate with a buyer to change the account details to the buyer's details, or is that frowned upon?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

You see ads for it all the time but it is a universally terrible idea for numerous reasons. It is just not worth the hassle and probably won't actually make you any more money.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

PS5 Beta introduces 1440p support, Gamelists, and more

Gamelists

In your Game Library you can now create gamelists, which make organizing your games even easier.

To start, go to the [Your Collection] tab and select [Create Gamelist]. Choose games to add to your gamelist, then decide what to name it.

You can have up to 15 gamelists and 100 games per gamelist. All games under the “Your Collection” tab of your Game Library can be added to a gamelist, including disc, digital and streaming titles.*** You can also add the same game to multiple gamelists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,910 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Unlike last gen they actually seem to be listening to what people want. I never thought we would see 1440p support on PS5

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Peasants and their 1440p...

Jk :)

I used a 1440x900 16:10 monitor with an Xbox 360 before the 16:9 native support came out so I can understand the frustration of lacking monitor support. Especially considering how many people use them these days now that there's so many good options, plus those using monitors in streaming setups etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Great news re 1440P.

For the ignorant like myself, what's the big deal about 1440p? Is it more for those that use monitors instead of a TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,910 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Less demanding to run a game at 1440P than 4K but looks very good on a decent sized monitor meaning more FPS or at the very least stable 60FPS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,736 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I've a great 1440p monitor so I'm delighted I can now do all my gaming in the one place. As it was, I was PC gaming in our home office and waiting for the nice TV to be free before I could play the PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm very happy with my Arctis 7P+ wireless headset. Excellent sound, well built and very comfortable on the ears. If you are looking for a headset for your PS5, consider them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭nedd

I got the 7P last year and love them. Battery life is great and so comfortable.

Did any of you get different colour covers for your PS5?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Have a couple official covers showing up next week. Some nasty 3rd party stuff out there, so hoping Sony's are the solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Went for the Galactic Purple for disc and a Black Digital. Bit more expensive than I'd like, but I've never taken to the white look.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭slumdogemillionaire

I got these myself, I found the mic is extremely sensitive though. I have been fiddling with the settings a lot and testing with friends trying to ensure the background noise is at a minimum but I can't get it perfect. Other than that I love them for the sound, the fit, the battery...everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Repo101

Anyone any idea if Smyths sell the updated model of the dualsense controller? Is there anyway to tell in store without opening the item?

I know the code on the back is a certain way to tell.

Thanks

Have a look at the FCC ID on the box, if its end in 1 its first model, if it ends in A its the newer model. That's the only way.

Ever since I got my PS5, all my accessories are colour coordinated. Does anybody else do the same or am I just strange?

I think it's more a case of the first lot of everything to come out were white. And I do say the white DualSense looks better on the charging dock than the black one. But maybe I'll think different if everything was black... Thought I'd prefer all black, and I said it at launch, but the white grew on me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MikeRyan87

I've played alot on the Extra/Premium service since it launched.

Just started Gravity Rush 2 after finishing the first one.

Liked it when I had it on Vita but couldn't stand the gyro controls.

Very underated games I think.

Advertisement