Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Gardai arrest strong people

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Back in the day the answer to this was a liberal dose of the timber

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I'm 6ft 5 and about 98kg in weight OP
    I'm a black belt in karate and took up boxing when I was younger for years.
    And all it would take is a single guard to arrest me.

If I was a scum bag it would take a few of them but there's no doubt they'd get the arrest with me badly battered and bruised.

Don't mess with the guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

More importantly... are you single??

Of course he is and always will be. Someone with an ego that size will always be single.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 105 ✭✭Elite Genetics

Pepper spray, baton, superior numbers, firearms, tazer, restraint, be bigger than you.

I'm 5ft 9inches, 20 years in. You aren't the first big asshole to think like this and If I do need backup, there's cops bigger than you with a lot more experience at fighting big assholes that I can hide behind and call you names while they do the work

That is fine and all but do you think I would just stand there and wait doing nothing while you call for backup? I'd just run away and that's it and if you attempt to wrestle me to the ground, I'd just do an armbar submission.

• Advertisement

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    I'm 6ft 5 and about 98kg in weight OP
    I'm a black belt in karate and took up boxing when I was younger for years.
    And all it would take is a single guard to arrest me.

If I was a scum bag it would take a few of them but there's no doubt they'd get the arrest with me badly battered and bruised.

Don't mess with the guards.

You seem like the submissive type so I dont know what you're trying to say.

stoneill wrote: »
    They would go for the collar bone first - easy to break and incapacitates easy, if your still flouncing about, it's your kneecaps next.
    They have seen plenty of 6'6" blokes

And I'd just stand there like one of these inanimate torsos for practice and wait until I get beat down.

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    There would be three or four of them with batons and tasers.

They'd just crack you over the head from behind.
    Kneecaps are also a good one, or behind the knee so you fall over.

So they'd attempt to kill me by smashing my head with a baton because I resisted arrest for swearing in public?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

So they'd attempt to kill me by smashing my head with a baton because I resisted arrest for swearing in public?

Gardaí don't arrest people for only swearing in public. There aren't enough holding cells in the country to cater for that. But even if they did, why would you be resisting arrest?

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

And I'd just stand there like one of these inanimate torsos for practice and wait until I get beat down.

If you've a fetish for gettin' the scutter bet out of you, you could get someone better lookin than your average Gard to do it.

• Advertisement

banie01 wrote: »
    Nobody tells you that there's a good chance that you will piss yourself when you get tazered!:eek:
    Thats a secret the elite keep away from us plebs ;)

On the subject of arresting strong lads, like the "specimen" OP....
    Don't kid yourself, the Gardaí are like a well drilled hunting pack when it comes to assholes!
    They will use joint lock and control tactics, cuff you and **** you into the back of a wagon fairly quickly.

*I've been that asshole :o and had the hand surgery afterwards to fix the damage I caused myself by being an asshole and resisting a very lawful arrest ;)
    I'm not quite the man mountain the OP is!:eek:
    But I am 6'5", strong and to top it off have years of doorwork experience behind me...:cool:
    They still took me down without resorting to anything other than physical restraint.
    The Gardaí do no not get enough recognition for their de-escalation and control skills.
    Not everything needs a bullet...:mad:
    Sometimes an asp is enough :pac:

I'd make any guard tap that would try to pull off these things that you mention with their shirt and tie. You lost because you weren't skilled enough so accept it.

Thoie wrote: »
    Gardaí don't arrest people for only swearing in public. There aren't enough holding cells in the country to cater for that. But even if they did, why would you be resisting arrest?

Most of the holding cells are empty so I'm sure they could fill them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

BMI is only relevant to people who don't workout. According to BMI most bodybuilders with 4% body fat are obese.

Rediculous. BMI is the bible of good health its all you need.

I also know you dont lift them numbers. If you did you wouldnt think they make you superhuman. 2 gaurds weigh 200 kg and they dont stay still and dont spread theor weight across a bar at even intervals.

Rediculous. BMI is the bible of good health its all you need.

I also know you dont lift them numbers. If you did you wouldnt think they make you superhuman. 2 gaurds weigh 200 kg and they dont stay still and dont spread theor weight across a bar at even intervals.

I could stand up with 4 guards on me and if I was panicking, my body would shut down some organs for survival and I might even lift a car.

I could stand up with 4 guards on me and if I was panicking, my body would shut down some organs for survival and I might even lift a car.

I hope the cape didn't need a wash after. When are you flying back to Krypton?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

I wonder what's the tactics that they use. In the USA you'd just get executed with a pistol. I'm 6ft6 and can squat around 700lb, bench 415 and deadlift 800lb wondering how they could take me out since I could lift up the whole group of them.

I reckon a big redfaced young country garda from the arse-end of Offaly or somewhere, with hands like iron baking trays, would bate nine shades of shight outta ya easily.

Gerrupouttadat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I wonder what's the tactics that they use. In the USA you'd just get executed with a pistol. I'm 6ft6 and can squat around 700lb, bench 415 and deadlift 800lb wondering how they could take me out since I could lift up the whole group of them.

You need to be careful there my abnormally muscular comapdre, you may well have elite level genes, but only a fool would underestimate the stopping power of an angry culchie weilding a big stick.

You'd be safer taking your chances with that pistol to be honest.

Not happening. You would likely have a heart attack because your BMI is in the obese range. Probably catch covid or some other illness because your immune system cant be firing with a BMI in that range.

I myself keep my BMI right on the centre line of perfect. I used to be a meat head weight lifter but the doctor told me about BMI one day and something just clicked. Within a few months I had it down to perfect and I just started to get promotion after promotion in work. I went from builder to foreman to install manager to a manufacturing manager for a global part supplier. One day when talking to my boss about the secret of my success (I freeze out anybody who doesnt have perfect BMI) they gave me free reign to travel the world and train my BMI generals. Im not 40 yet and my grandchildren will never have to work.

Id say I could take you with the right plan and patience.

Yea, but that doesn't fix your phone now does it.

My phone's grand:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,020 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

You seem like the submissive type so I dont know what you're trying to say.

Isn't it obvious? He's trying to hit on you.

Why else world two adult men discuss their personal measurements on the internet...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

Yea, but that doesn't fix your phone now does it.

My phone's grand:cool:

Yeah but you live in a pineapple.

Yeah but you live in a pineapple.

This is true.

Swings and roundabouts i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

I hear a weedy 12 year old.

But just in case, no I'm not looking for a fight.

FYI, the more muscle, the more likely you are to go down with a taser. Muscle conducts electricity far better than fat tissue. You'll spaz out and likely lose control of vital bodily functions.

That is fine and all but do you think I would just stand there and wait doing nothing while you call for backup? I'd just run away and that's it and if you attempt to wrestle me to the ground, I'd just do an armbar submission.

They'd pursue you until you gas out 100 yards down the road

• Registered Users Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Would these links be from the RIY?

Research Institute of Youtube?

Question for you yankydoodle: how many fahrenheits are in a pound per square hogshead?

Two and a quarter, with half a perch left over :D
    I'm loving this thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 35 eddiervp20

Your 6ft 6 not batman. In my experience,there are some very large Gardai with big sporting backrounds who are not worried about big lads. 2 handy,fit gardai would leave you in a bad way with batons.They dont use them for tickling.But i suppose they never faced someone like you

• Registered Users Posts: 51,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

A good “Hackballscross uppercut” will bring any size of man to his knees.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

So they'd attempt to kill me by smashing my head with a baton?

Sounds like you've already gotten one too many bumps on the noggin.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I could stand up with 4 guards on me

I think you'd stand to attention thinking of them in you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭saabsaab

'In carrying out their duties, members of An Garda Síochána shall, as far as practicable and in so far as the circumstances dictate, consider non-physical means before resorting to the use of force in the resolution of public order incidents'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement