Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Gardai arrest strong people

Options
  • 16-11-2020 10:54am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 105 ✭✭

I wonder what's the tactics that they use. In the USA you'd just get executed with a pistol. I'm 6ft6 and can squat around 700lb, bench 415 and deadlift 800lb wondering how they could take me out since I could lift up the whole group of them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭kaahooters

beat ya with there shoes till your on the ground mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

I'm 6ft6 and can squat around 700lb, bench 415 and deadlift 800lb

Aye, but can ya do all that with a taser up your hole?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

They would leave a trail of protein powder from the scene of the crime right to the jail cell.

also welcome to Ireland - hope you enjoy your visit from the USofA

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 105 ✭✭Elite Genetics

kaahooters wrote: »
    beat ya with there shoes till your on the ground mate.

I'd deadlift the lot and run away.

Aye, but can ya do all that with a taser up your hole?

Tasers are ineffective, especially when wearing layers of clothes. Plenty of videos about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭atr2002

Tasers are ineffective, especially when wearing layers of clothes. Plenty of videos about it.

So going equipped? What are you planning?

atr2002 wrote: »
    So going equipped? What are you planning?

I just want Gardai to arrest me or use me as practice. Maybe I can go to templemore?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

Aim for either knee or ankle down you go..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

I'm 6ft6 and can squat around 700lb, bench 415 and deadlift 800lb wondering how they could take me out since I could lift up the whole group of them.

But what’s your BMI?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭mattser

I wonder what's the tactics that they use. In the USA you'd just get executed with a pistol. I'm 6ft6 and can squat around 700lb, bench 415 and deadlift 800lb wondering how they could take me out since I could lift up the whole group of them.

Presuming you're male :), a sharp size 11 to the nuts would leave you 5'4'' curled up in agony.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Probably choke you out or just batter you with their batons. I've found most weight heads are heavy on muscle, light on fighting skills. Lifting heavy stuff doesn't make you a good fighter.

E mac wrote: »
    Aim for either knee or ankle down you go..

Ok but need to lift me as well. I'm 280lb

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

I'd say if there's a camera around it could be a bit awkward for them, I don't know if the guards have tasers or pepper spray.
    On the other hand if there's no camera's around, we'll I'd say your fu¢ked, it doesn't matter who you are three or four guards going full whack with batons, will well put you down, if you think there's another outcome well your delusional, and the steriods won't ease your pain either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

I was thinking this the other night watching Police Academy. WTF would you do if Moses Hightower was on the other side of the law?

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Etc

Bit obsessed with the guards arn't you. I'll be watching the 6 O'Clock news for updates..........

Smee_Again wrote: »
    But what’s your BMI?

BMI is only relevant to people who don't workout. According to BMI most bodybuilders with 4% body fat are obese.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

most people who are 6 ft 6 are not especially strong compared to someone 6 ft , some are obviously but not most

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Your alias is Elite Genetics, and in your first 2 posts on Boards you wonder how Guards would stop you considering your superior physique? And you also wonder how they deal with getaway cars.

I’m worried, O Magnificent One.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭djr15

By the sounds of it you should be in a museum.

Congrats on your achievements to date.

BMI is only relevant to people who don't workout. According to BMI most bodybuilders with 4% body fat are obese.

Probably choke you out or just batter you with their batons. I've found most weight heads are heavy on muscle, light on fighting skills. Lifting heavy stuff doesn't make you a good fighter.

I'm aware. I'm a brown belt in jiu jiutsu too. I've started before going into the weightlifting game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭CountNjord

I'll never disagree with you on boards or try to debate you.

Because you're tough...

Although as a Limerick Ciddy guys once said, a kick in de balllix wud knock a razehorse...

Please don't hit me :)

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    most people who are 6 ft 6 are not especially strong compared to someone 6 ft , some are obviously but not most

I'm still pathetically small compared to someone like hafthor. I wonder how Gards would take him out at 6ft9 and 450lb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I'm aware. I'm a brown belt in jiu jiutsu too. I've started before going into the weightlifting game.

Ah ok, you're one of those.

If we said bows and arrows, i'm sure you'd have trained under Sir Robin of Loxley. :rolleyes:

If someone went to Tenerife, you'd have been to Elevenerife.

G'luck

djr15 wrote: »
    By the sounds of it you should be in a museum.

Congrats on your achievements to date.

I'm not that body fat myself. Elite level bodybuilders are.

Ah ok, you're one of those.

If we said bows and arrows, i'm sure you'd have trained under Sir Robin of Loxley. :rolleyes:

If someone went to Tenerife, you'd have been to Elevenerife.

G'luck

These 2 things are correlated. All fighters lift weights. Not all weighlifters train in martial arts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

I have a follow up question, are you saying that in the US they just shoot big fellas instead of arresting them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

They'd just swarm you, probably use their batons and pepper spray if you acted the mick.
    Meat heads are usually full of themselves and generally think they can take the whole town on. A lot more goes into being able to put up a fight than having muscles, its probably more to do with cardio.
    It's why Arnold Schwarzenegger was a pro body builder and not a world champion boxer.

I have a follow up question, are you saying that in the US they just shoot big fellas instead of arresting them?

They'd pull a gun on you at the mere thought of feeling threatened. I'd post links for videos if I could but I'm not eligible.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,458 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

tenor.gif

OP overcompensating, wouldn't bate snow off a rope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

I've seen a few lads pepper sprayed and they go down very quickly regardless of size.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement