Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Series S & X - All Supply/Order Chat Here **SEE UPDATED MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST**

Options

Comments

jay28 wrote: »
    Basil, just to let you know I just also picked up the console for my lad, thanks once again for your help!!

Down in Carlow? Good stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Yep the one in carlow, your a star!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Limerick_dude

Looking for one in Limerick / Cork / Dublin if anyone happens to come across one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 TheJockster

Ok some available on littlewoods now!!! Go go go!!! https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/xbox-series-x-xbox-series-x-with-optional-extras/1600547964.prd

UPDATE: All gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Looking for Series x in Louth if any pop up, Tia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

Looking for one in Wexford....would be amazing....

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Llamd3

I'm looking for one too in limerick/Clare or galway if anyone can help

Ok some available on littlewoods now!!! Go go go!!! https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/xbox-series-x-xbox-series-x-with-optional-extras/1600547964.prd

UPDATE: All gone :(

Out of curiosity did you have some sort of alert setup for that or just come up on it?

Basil3 wrote: »
    By the way, if anyone is considering a Series S, there is a lot around the country, but Dublin has amost been cleared out (as far as Argos goes anyway). Just 2 in the Ilac, and 3 at Stephen's Green.

Basil3 you've done serious looking far play to you... Now I'd love if I could benefit from your good luck 🙂 I'd love it if you could post if you see anymore.... I've a nine year old who wants one from Santa

Got a tip off Limerick_dude

• Advertisement

Got a tip off Limerick_dude
    Ah good stuff and thanks for sharing. Thought there might be some alert I could setup.

Ah good stuff and thanks for sharing. Thought there might be some alert I could setup.

If i hear of any more ill post to ya

If i hear of any more ill post to ya

Cheers

3 available in Castlebar Argos.

I have 2 codes for Clonmel Argos, not sure if that helps anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭detective

Please

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dwainec

Too far away for me but just wanted to say fair play to you. Helping a lot of people out

One in Tralee Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭detective

detective wrote: »
    Please

I'd love the Clonmel code

I'd love the Clonmel code

PM sent, and other Clonmel code also gone to a Boardsie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I'm sure this has come up before, but is reserving large numbers of consoles via a bot script the right thing to do?

Yes, some people here will likely end up getting them and will be delighted - however you will prevent other non-Boards users from being able to reserve the consoles themsevles.

• Advertisement

JDxtra wrote: »
    I'm sure this has come up before, but is reserving large numbers of consoles via a bot script the right thing to do?

Yes, some people here will likely end up getting them and will be delighted - however you will prevent other non-Boards users from being able to reserve the consoles themsevles.

It's not a bot script, I'm checking for availability manually. Anyone sitting at home checking stock at their local Argos has as much chance.

I'm OK with stock checking scripts - but not OK with reserving multiple consoles without any personal need for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

If one turns up for Wexford add me to the list please.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I'm OK with stock checking scripts - but not OK with reserving multiple consoles without any personal need for them.

Thing is, people who get codes here for other boardsies, are doing a favour to actual gamers. And if codes won't find homes here ( which is unlikely ), the stock goes back to circulation. Its not the same as some bastard scooping up 4 consoles and throwing them on ebay for twice more then he payed.

Thing is, people who get codes here for other boardsies, are doing a favour to actual gamers. And if codes won't find homes here ( which is unlikely ), the stock goes back to circulation. Its not the same as some bastard scooping up 4 consoles and throwing them on ebay for twice more then he payed.

Yes, the heads up that Argos stock is available is welcome. Then after that, I think it's best to leave it to the luck of the draw who gets it.

I know this is not done for any gain (other than a simple thanks) but reserving multiple consoles will disappoint other gamers who are equally deserving of a fair chance to get one. They just happen to be gamers who are not aware of this thread.

...and I don't expect anyone to agree with me! Just my opinion. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Well I would just like to add that I pre ordered the X through gamestop, unfortunately I didn't get a console allocated to me, it was for my son's Christmas present, it's all he has been talking about.

I basically spent all weekend checking Smyth's, argos etc to no avail, it was breaking my heart that I may have to try and explain to him that Santa may not be able to get the xbox after all.

Basil then came toy rescue with a code for argos in carlow which I picked up today.
    So once again thank you very much basil!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,902 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yes, the heads up that Argos stock is available is welcome. Then after that, I think it's best to leave it to the luck of the draw who gets it.

I know this is not done for any gain (other than a simple thanks) but reserving multiple consoles will disappoint other gamers who are equally deserving of a fair chance to get one. They just happen to be gamers who are not aware of this thread.

...and I don't expect anyone to agree with me! Just my opinion. :)

Or maybe Basil is stopping scalpers taking the available Xboxes and making sure people who'll actually use the console is getting them.

jay28 wrote: »
    Well I would just like to add that I pre ordered the X through gamestop, unfortunately I didn't get a console allocated to me, it was for my son's Christmas present, it's all he has been talking about.

I basically spent all weekend checking Smyth's, argos etc to no avail, it was breaking my heart that I may have to try and explain to him that Santa may not be able to get the xbox after all.

Basil then came toy rescue with a code for argos in carlow which I picked up today.
    So once again thank you very much basil!

That's great news and I'm always one for Boards users helping each other. But reserving multiple consoles is beyond the spirit of this unwanted reservations thread. It's possible some equally deserving other customer has now missed out despite checking around as hard as you have.

dwainec wrote: »
    Too far away for me but just wanted to say fair play to you. Helping a lot of people out

Me please

• Advertisement

Please

Id love one please

Advertisement