Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Your post is all over the place, MisterAnarchy. Are you saying that these people are unqualified? Or that they are "members" of BLM?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,674 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I do not believe these people were selected based on qualifications and experience.
    Its wokery identity politics, picking people because of their race and gender.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

How much did he raise to battle this in the courts?

Fully explained here:

Practically nothing... 60% goes to Trump's Save America PAC (<slush fund, not for wasting on useless court cases)
    40% goes to the the RNC
    basically 0% funding for the legal cases, a total con.

Think they are "funding" the "Subvert the Peoples Vote/ Dismantle the US Democracy" campaign with loose change they find at the back of the couch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭OS_Head

GEORGIA:
    felons illegally voted
    under 18 voted
    weren’t registered at all
    used a PO Box
    voted past the reg. date
    died before the election
    voted in two states
    moved out of state
    changed county and didn’t re-register to vote. Nope, no wide spread fraud here that would change the course of the election. Now move along please...

https://streamable.com/4gcp0i

He has named a historic all-female senior White House press staff

You're quoting a BS WAPO story. Let me follow up with who these based pedes are? I'll answer, just in case someone doesn't get it. This is Trumps current Senior Whitehouse Press Staff. I kid you not.

535100.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

OS_Head wrote: »
    GEORGIA:
    felons illegally voted
    under 18 voted
    used a PO Box
    voted past the reg. date
    died before the election
    voted in two states
    moved out of state
    changed county and didn’t re-register to vote. Nope, no wide spread fraud here that would change the course of the election. Now move along please...

Your guy lost, get over it

I do not believe these people were selected based on qualifications and experience.
    Ah ok. Are the white people also only picked because they're white? Or is it just that white people are the only ones qualified?

rosser44 wrote: »
    Your guy lost, get over it

Where did you hear that? From the MSM, whose job it is to call it? The paper of record? If you think the election winner has been decided you are mistaken. Not your fault, it's the News Media bubble you live in.

535102.jpg

Then they had to retract it because it was red pilling too many of their followers.

535101.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

GEORGIA:
    felons illegally voted
    under 18 voted
    used a PO Box
    voted past the reg. date
    died before the election
    voted in two states
    moved out of state

To go over each and every bit of this bullsh*t takes time, and that is the point. By the time each one has been proved false the damage is done and the grifters have moved onto the next lie. But when looked at it usually comes down to people who just having the same name as someone else. Why do you immediately believe it and regurgitate it without questioning it? This would be really easy to prove in court but I guarantee you it won't be

As for the female press team, you are leaving out some of their colleagues.

https://mobile.twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/1333244893993578502

Also, can you just tell us what date or milestone in the process, you will finally say the election is over? When the Electoral College votes, when Trump concedes, when Biden is sworn in? Just let us know when the whining will stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,261 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Question - If either or both of the GOP candidates in Georgia were to lose the run-off elections , It's fair to say that they will almost certainly follow the Trump plan and appeal/challenge every possible thing.

What happens to the Seats in the Senate during that timeframe and how long can they drag it out?

For example , lets say the Democrats take both seats - When do those winners take their seats and when is the vote for the leader of the Senate and would that be the deadline for any challenges to be resolved?

Precedent is Al Franken in 2008 / 2009. You sit out and the senate goes on without the seat until certification is confirmed and the winner can be sworn in.

• Advertisement

To go over each and every bit of this bullsh*t takes time, and that is the point. By the time each one has been proved false the damage is done and the grifters have moved onto the next lie. But when looked at it usually comes down to people who just having the same name as someone else. Why do you immediately believe it and regurgitate it without questioning it? This would be really easy to prove in court but I guarantee you it won't be

This is not an MSM story that is trying to sway public opinion to steal an election with false claims. This is hard evidence that will be put up in a court of law. That's a big difference here that you fail to grasp.
    As for the female press team, you are leaving out some of their colleagues.

https://mobile.twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/1333244893993578502

Also, can you just tell us what date or milestone in the process, you will finally say the election is over? When the Electoral College votes, when Trump concedes, when Biden is sworn in? Just let us know when the whining will stop.

Yep, the 5 most senior roles for Trump and there they are, all women. But never mind that, I find it curious how the party of diversity is making such a big thing of having an all female office. What gives? It's like a badge of honour.

This is not an MSM story that is trying to sway public opinion to steal an election with false claims. This is hard evidence that will be put up in a court of law. That's a big difference here that you fail to grasp.
    When?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Midlife

Your post isn't hard evidence though.

Can you show us where the hard evidence is?

Also when will it be put up?

My understanding is that this was in the MSM and this was in a court of law and they kicked it out because of a lack of evidence.

So now republican lawmakers are having these meaningless 'hearings' to placate Trump and allow him to continue to fundraise and you're watching it in OAN because other networks are reporting on other issues.

Do you ever think you might be wrong about this election thing?

Yep, the 5 most senior roles for Trump and there they are, all women. But never mind that, I find it curious how the party of diversity is making such a big thing of having an all female office. What gives? It's like a badge of honour.

Yawn, all the court cases that were gonna turn it around for Trump but still not winning any of them...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

So why haven't they bought it to court yet? What is this explosive evidence and why are they not showing it? Is this the same type of "hard evidence" that we heard was on the Hinter Biden laptop?

Whatever happened to that? Doesn't even get a mention anymore but a month ago there was so much "hard evidence" on that laptop that would ensure Hunters prosecution and Joe Biden being annihilated in the election.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

When?

Probably immediately after the (Remember this??) great Health Plan that Trump has been teasing out (for years!!) as being published 'shortly' and in the 'next two weeks', but never comes!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Precedent is Al Franken in 2008 / 2009. You sit out and the senate goes on without the seat until certification is confirmed and the winner can be sworn in.

Ah , ok - So Perdue/Loeffler are no longer Senators after January 4th when the new Senate is seated so no one can fill the seats until the election is certified.

In that case , the GOP would remain in control , 50-48 with the 2 abstentions and McConnell would still be Senate Majority leader.

In a scenario where the two GOP candidates lost and their objections are as absent of evidence as Trump , I wonder would any GOP Senator (Romney maybe) cross the aisle and vote for Schumer as Majority leader?

It would only need one to flip over with the VP casting vote?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

You're quoting a BS WAPO story. Let me follow up with who these based pedes are? I'll answer, just in case someone doesn't get it. This is Trumps current Senior Whitehouse Press Staff. I kid you not.

535100.jpg

A Photo that conveniently leaves out Brian Morgenstern , current Deputy Press Secretary , who replaced Hogan Gidley who left to work on the Trump campaign.

Ah , ok - So Perdue/Loeffler are no longer Senators after January 4th when the new Senate is seated so no one can fill the seats until the election is certified.

In that case , the GOP would remain in control , 50-48 with the 2 abstentions and McConnell would still be Senate Majority leader.

In a scenario where the two GOP candidates lost and their objections are as absent of evidence as Trump , I wonder would any GOP Senator (Romney maybe) cross the aisle and vote for Schumer as Majority leader?

It would only need one to flip over with the VP casting vote?

Do they need to vote for the Majority Leader? Both McConnel and Schumer have already been voted by their respective parties' Senators as their leaders in the next Senate. Once one Party or another takes the Majority, that Party's leader automatically becomes Majority Leader. Am I right?

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Do they need to vote for the Majority Leader? Both McConnel and Schumer have already been voted by their respective parties' Senators as their leaders in the next Senate. Once one Party or another takes the Majority, that Party's leader automatically becomes Majority Leader. Am I right?

Actually , you might be right.. but I thought that there was at least a "pro-forma" vote..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

GEORGIA: 2,056 felons illegally voted 66,248 under 18 voted 2,423 weren’t registered at all 1,043 used a PO Box 4,926 voted past the reg. date 10,315 died before the election 395 voted in two states 15,700 moved out of state 40,279 changed county and didn’t re-register to vote. Nope, no wide spread fraud here that would change the course of the election. Now move along please...

Your post is as devoid of supporting evidence as the (at the last count) 41 cases lost in court. All of this crap gets trotted out in fora where there are no penalties for lying and disappear like a fart in the wind when there's the looming possibility of lawyers facing penalties for perjury. It's no surprise that the only lawyers taking on these cases are as close to the bottom of the barrel as you can get without going right through the damn thing. It has gone past the level of farce and is now downright boring. Trump is grifting like mad and his enablers are there for just as long as they can get their rotten share of the spoils.

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Your post is as devoid of supporting evidence as the (at the last count) 41 cases lost in court. All of this crap gets trotted out in fora where there are no penalties for lying and disappear like a fart in the wind when there's the looming possibility of lawyers facing penalties for perjury. It's no surprise that the only lawyers taking on these cases are as close to the bottom of the barrel as you can get without going right through the damn thing. It has gone past the level of farce and is now downright boring. Trump is grifting like mad and his enablers are there for just as long as they can get their rotten share of the spoils.

From what I can see , this is a bunch of random accusations that were thrown out at a "hearing" in Georgia yesterday.

It also looks like Brian Kemp is throwing Raffensperger under the bus as well. Pressing for a "Signature Audit" but saying that only the Secretary of State can do that.

This despite Raffensperger already saying that he can't order one, it would have to be ordered by a judge and even then would be near impossible to do.

They really are turning on each other over this...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

From what I can see , this is a bunch of random accusations that were thrown out at a "hearing" in Georgia yesterday.

It also looks like Brian Kemp is throwing Raffensperger under the bus as well. Pressing for a "Signature Audit" but saying that only the Secretary of State can do that.

This despite Raffensperger already saying that he can't order one, it would have to be ordered by a judge and even then would be near impossible to do.

They really are turning on each other over this...
    I don't have to read those links to know that such an 'audit' would destroy the secrecy of the ballot. There's a reason that mail-in ballots have the signature on the outer envelope. And that's the reason it can only be checked once, before the ballot is actually counted and in a different location.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

So you're incredulous that women, people of colour, etc might actually be qualified for highly skilled and demanding roles. Says a lot, just not about who you think it does.

And I can't help but notice that you don't seem to have had any problem with Trump constantly filling positions with wildly unqualified and inexperienced people over the last few years. Then again those were largely white, so it correlates.

I don't have to read those links to know that such an 'audit' would destroy the secrecy of the ballot. There's a reason that mail-in ballots have the signature on the outer envelope. And that's the reason it can only be checked once, before the ballot is actually counted and in a different location.

Exactly , the point is that the audit is impossible because of the steps taken to preserve the secrecy of the ballot.

They check the signatures on the ballots on two separate occasions and then when the envelope is opened the ballot and envelope are separated and cannot be linked back together.

Both are kept secure after that, but if they went back now and audited the signatures again and found ones that they were unhappy with, it is completely and utterly impossible to link that envelope back to a specific ballot.

All involved know that it is practically impossible to do, even if were legal or desirable. Its simply part of the ongoing farcical attempts by Trump and his goons to keep the corpse of his Presidency seeming to be alive, primarily to keep cult $$$ flowing in. Every time another one of these absolutely BS 'hearings' is held, and/or Powell or Giuliani 'legal' challenge is filed, the RNC and Trump PAC goes Ca-chinggggg!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

If you think the election winner has been decided you are mistaken. Not your fault, it's the News Media bubble you live in.

"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

I wonder what will happen with some of these QAnon types when Biden gets inaugurated, I'm expecting that they will argue that Trump is secretly a shadow president dictating to Biden while he works on exposing a Epstein collusion ring or something

Or will they begin the sudden and painful but badly needed adjustment to reality

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"

quoting biblish to trimpishts is pointless, they only do sarcasm not parables, its not like its gospel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,674 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

So you're incredulous that women, people of colour, etc might actually be qualified for highly skilled and demanding roles. Says a lot, just not about who you think it does.

And I can't help but notice that you don't seem to have had any problem with Trump constantly filling positions with wildly unqualified and inexperienced people over the last few years. Then again those were largely white, so it correlates.

When you and others on the left are not busy admonishing the rest of us to be "civil" in our discussions of political issues, you are busy letting loose insults, accusations and smears against those who dare to disagree with you.

Advertisement