Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

serfboard wrote: »
    That's a very clever ad - splitting the GOP between Trumpists and everyone else. Given the "stab-in-the-back" mythology that Trumpists will be going on with now the message is - your messiah has been betrayed by your tribal elders, so now is your chance to punish those elders for their treachery.

Get as many abstentions or spoilt votes with trump written on them as you can from Trump voters.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,706 ✭✭✭✭josip

listermint wrote: »
    Get as many abstentions or spoilt votes with trump written on them as you can from Trump voters.

Are spoiled votes enumerated in the US?
    If they were, that would be a motivation for Mr. T.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

josip wrote: »
    Are spoiled votes enumerated in the US?
    If they were, that would be a motivation for Mr. T.

Two fingers at the GOP, and if they're quantifiable number, how many are loyal to trump and not the GOP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭dogbert27

It would be interesting to see the breakdown of the 70 mill plus who voted for Trump the personality and who voted for him because they vote Republicans because there does seem to be break in the party there.

dogbert27 wrote: »
    At what stage do the rats jump the sinking ship and try to save themselves?

If the EC certify Biden will Trump give up on the law suits or will can he try to get the Supreme Court to overturn the EC?

He said yesterday the world was laughing at the US for Biden winning a fraud election.

He's completely out of touch with reality if he believes that's the reason the world is laughing at the US right now. :rolleyes:

If the EC vote as how the results have been certified he wouldn't have a case, imo, but open to correction. Personally I think he knows that getting the SC to rule in his favor is not going to happen.

But if he will try (most likely will), depends on how much of a personal threat he sees the various state investigations and loan repayments due to his banks that losing the presidency will expose him to, and how much he can financially squeeze out of his believers in the remaining time he's got before being turned out of the Whitehouse.

Also apart from throwing his toys out of the pram, the plan seems to be to do as much damage as possible until he is turned out.
    Be that appointing fools to various positions in the Pentagon, to screwing over the GOP for their apparent failure to have him elected (he has apparently tweeted that there is no point voting republican) and if you wanted to go full on conspiracy theory, inciting a civil war.

I don't think the latter would happen, while it's easy for fools to write online that they are ready and waiting for his orders to take up arms in his cause, they wouldn't last five minutes against the coast guard never mind anyone else, but would make great candidates for the Darwin awards.

• Advertisement

dogbert27 wrote: »
    It would be interesting to see the breakdown of the 70 mill plus who voted for Trump the personality and who voted for him because they vote Republicans because there does seem to be break in the party there.

In Maine the military vote went mainly to Biden (>80% if memory serves me correctly).
    Traditionally especially in the officer class, the vote would be republican.
    I'm guessing calling people losers and blaming their families for giving you covid doesn't pay off, at least in Maine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭dogbert27

DubInMeath wrote: »
    In Maine the military vote went mainly to Biden (>80% if memory serves me correctly).
    Traditionally especially in the officer class, the vote would be republican.
    I'm guessing calling people losers and blaming their families for giving you covid doesn't pay off, at least in Maine.

My thinking is more say was there 50 million Trump voters and 20 million Republican voters or vice versa because if Trump could pull that number on his personality alone then there is potential for him to go independent or set up his own political party with the family and continue living off donations that he'll no doubt use to pay off his loans!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,192 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Whatever number voted more for Trump or Republican, it shows that so many have weak character. Having to believe in a fraud and majorly flawed person.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

DubInMeath wrote: »
    If the EC vote as how the results have been certified he wouldn't have a case, imo, but open to correction. Personally I think he knows that getting the SC to rule in his favor is not going to happen.

But if he will try (most likely will), depends on how much of a personal threat he sees the various state investigations and loan repayments due to his banks that losing the presidency will expose him to, and how much he can financially squeeze out of his believers in the remaining time he's got before being turned out of the Whitehouse.

Also apart from throwing his toys out of the pram, the plan seems to be to do as much damage as possible until he is turned out.
    Be that appointing fools to various positions in the Pentagon, to screwing over the GOP for their apparent failure to have him elected (he has apparently tweeted that there is no point voting republican) and if you wanted to go full on conspiracy theory, inciting a civil war.

I don't think the latter would happen, while it's easy for fools to write online that they are ready and waiting for his orders to take up arms in his cause, they wouldn't last five minutes against the coast guard never mind anyone else, but would make great candidates for the Darwin awards.

Once the EC is done, he will jack all the nonsense in as he can't bleed his supporters for any more money.

Then will come the Trump 2024 exploratory committee that will rent massive amounts of spaces at Trump owned properties. He'll bleed his supporters for more money until 2023 and then not even run.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Brian? wrote: »
    Then will come the Trump 2024 exploratory committee that will rent massive amounts of spaces at Trump owned properties. He'll bleed his supporters for more money until 2023 and then not even run.

And thus screwing whoever the 2024 Gop candidate is for donations as the base will be tapped completely.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Once the EC is done, he will jack all the nonsense in as he can't bleed his supporters for any more money.

And just like he's done over the last 4 years , he'll use the "Campaign" funds to pay his legal bills as he fights off all the court cases that are stacked up waiting for him..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

A progressive organisation is targeting Trump voters in Georgia:

https://twitter.com/CursedLavaLamp/status/1333597793739534338

:D:D:D

Isn't all this presuming Letitia James won't succeed in indicting him for fraud in SDNY?

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Sidney Powell retweeted this..

A call for the use of the Insurrection Act followed by Military tribunals.

Screen%20Shot%202020-11-30%20at%209.00.23%20PM.png

Variously his "team have been calling for people to be shot, beheaded or summarily jailed and now they are calling for a Military take over and a suspension of Democratic process.

And yet with a few exceptions we have absolute silence from the elected GOP officials.

Sidney Powell needs to wake up.....retweeting this craziness with the date of the runoff printed as Jan. 6th, one day late! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

:pac:

oh wouldn't you just love to see the puss on that prick Mitch McConnell if the Republicans lose the senate

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Well, they are laughing at the US right now , but the laughter is directed at him and the GOP for enabling his utter delusion.

Laughing/laughter are not the words I'd use.. Shock, horror, disgust, pity, outrage would all be closer to how I'm looking at the US right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

The bould Sidney apparently submitted an altered document in court filings. In the filing she maintained that an order was undated, but in actual fact she (or someone working for her) had cropped that bit from the document. This could be serious for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭blackwave

prawnsambo wrote: »
    The bould Sidney apparently submitted an altered document in court filings. In the filing she maintained that an order was undated, but in actual fact she'd (or someone working for her) had cropped that bit from the document. This could be serious for her.

Once again proof that only the the best people were hired by trump's administration....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

The bould Sidney apparently submitted an altered document in court filings. In the filing she maintained that an order was undated, but in actual fact she (or someone working for her) had cropped that bit from the document. This could be serious for her.

that sounds to me like.... fraud.

Gabriel Stirling making a plea with Trump not to incite violence.
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1333876986377359362

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

I can't even find words to describe the next step in the bumbling travels of Sidney. In a filing in Milwaukee Wisconsin, she's asked for emergency access to the security camera footage from the TCF Centre in... Detroit Michigan.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,083 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Water John wrote: »
    Gabriel Stirling making a plea with Trump not to incite violence.
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1333876986377359362

I have absolutely zero respect, or time for those who will come out now now against trump after standing by and condoning all that has gone on this part 4 years when the ship has already sunk.

Spineless the lot of them.

Can you actually believe the gall of GOP Senators making noises about not confirming a Biden appointment because of some tweets they didn't like?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

I have absolutely zero respect, or time for those who will come out now now against trump after standing by and condoning all that has gone on this part 4 years when the ship has already sunk.

Can you actually believe the gall of GOP Senators making noises about not confirming a Biden appointment because of some tweets they didn't like?

They're very sensitive souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,673 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I can't even find words to describe the next step in the bumbling travels of Sidney. In a filing in Milwaukee Wisconsin, she's asked for emergency access to the security camera footage from the TCF Centre in... Detroit Michigan.

So why doesn’t she file this in oh I don’t know Michigan ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So why doesn’t she file this in oh I don’t know Michigan ?

Because she's sueing Wisconsin...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,673 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Because she's sueing Wisconsin...

Well she doesn’t need CCTV from Michigan then does she ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Jizique

Tonight’s news just breaking about “bribery for pardons” is shocking, if not surprising; the mad thing is that there are so many possible candidates, the document is heavily redacted to hide the identity

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

In her Michigan court documents she alleges massive evidence of fraud in Edison county

The slight problem with that it that there is no "Edison County" in Michigan.

In fact , there is no Edison County in the entire United States , so it can't even be blamed on their previous Michigan/Minnesota confusion.

Beyond ridiculous at this stage.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well she doesn’t need CCTV from Michigan then does she ?

Did you just try to apply actual real-world logic to the bat****-crazy 'lawering' that Sidney Powell is engaged in?

• Advertisement

In her Michigan court documents she alleges massive evidence of fraud in Edison county

The slight problem with that it that there is no "Edison County" in Michigan.

In fact , there is no Edison County in the entire United States , so it can't even be blamed on their previous Michigan/Minnesota confusion.

Beyond ridiculous at this stage.

Sidney read a book once. It has informed her entire career obviously:

https://www.amazon.com/Ditches-Edison-County-Richard-Roberts/dp/0451182669

Advertisement