Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVIII- 71,942 ROI(2,050 deaths) 51,824 NI (983 deaths) (28/11) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Cork2021 wrote: »
    That’s come from nowhere

Private testing?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,210 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Another 100+ backlog?

Cases yesterday v swabs was about 50 out I think it was.

Expected around 300 myself but no idea tbh.

At least daily test positivity is going down as shown today, whatever about daily cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭Cork2021

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Private testing?

I think that ship has sailed on private testing. Can’t be 100 positive private tests

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Decision time approaching......keep cases high as possible....mis-report case positivity rate

• Advertisement

Cases yesterday v swabs was about 50 out I think it was.

Expected around 300 myself but no idea tbh.

At least daily test positivity is going down as shown today, whatever about daily cases.

But will this be the stick we’re beaten with come Thursday. We know positivity is dropping but back log cases makes it look worse off then it actually is

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Decision time approaching......keep cases high as possible....mis-report case positivity rate

Off to the conspiracy forum now, think you're in the wrong place

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

But will this be the stick we’re beaten with come Thursday. We know positivity is dropping but back log cases makes it look worse off then it actually is

ah stop will you. they are not playing with the numbers.

froog wrote: »
    ah stop will you. they are not playing with the numbers.

How about you look at swab data and come back to me? Dope

How about you look at swab data and come back to me? Dope

It's called validating data, some swabs have to be re-checked to ensure they aren't duplicates among other things. They don't work the numbers for fun :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

The paranoia from some on here about the numbers is hilarious. Nobody is out to get you people.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

It's called validating data, some swabs have to be re-checked to ensure they aren't duplicates among other things. They don't work the numbers for fun :rolleyes:

If multiple tests were being performed on certain swabs then the number of positive swabs would be greater than cases. I don’t think thats the reason tbh.

Under 200 today I reckon!

Good bit out tbh.

If multiple tests were being performed on certain swabs then the number of positive swabs would be greater than cases. I don’t think thats the reason tbh.

Not sure exactly, just a suggestion but the whole idea that they are working the numbers to suit their "agenda" is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Sconsey

No no, it looks like the numbers are being falsified, anyone that does not think that is a dope apparently....I think those type of posts are more depressing than the actual numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

But it is as a result of a validation process.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

ElJeffe wrote: »
    The paranoia from some on here about the numbers is hilarious. Nobody is out to get you people.

Do you notice very few of those posters ever comment about differences between swabs and cases when cases are lower?

Not sure exactly, just a suggestion but the whole idea that they are working the numbers to suit their "agenda" is ridiculous.

I don’t think it is. They do not want to move from level 5. The numerous articles today and yesterday suggest government are fed up with how NPHET are operating in terms of the media

It's real crackpot stuff. Is there a conspiracy theory thread for that train of thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

And moreover, the 14-day incidence is continually falling, which hardly fits the narrative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

There’s very little posters actually doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭Polar101

ElJeffe wrote: »

It's the same pattern every day.

1) Swab numbers
    2) Positive / negative reactions ("19-day positivity rate looks good now" / "Must be an outbreak in hospitals")
    3) Daily case numbers
    4) Positive / negative reactions ("Great to see County X numbers go down" / "County X looks bad")
    5) Speculation on whether there's a conspiracy, because 1 and 3 do not match
    6) Blame the media for not asking the right questions

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    But it is as a result of a validation process.

To be honest I'd have expected about 50-60 more than swabs today, swabs were higher than cases yesterday.

Would be interesting to know when the other 40-50 swabs are from by epi date.

Anyway either way today we had 2.36% positivity for the day, 3.3% for the last 7 days. Heading in the right direction after the brief blip.

I don’t think it is. They do not want to move from level 5. The numerous articles today and yesterday suggest government are fed up with how NPHET are operating in terms of the media

They give press briefings and hold meetings and advise the government. As of yet there is literally no proof they are giving stuff to the media, and reports generally say "Government Sources"

They will want to stay in level 5 if they believe numbers aren't low enough or if the community level is too high/rising, they aren't doing it for the craic ffs. Are they very cautious? Yes.

There’s very little posters actually doing that.

Didn't say there wasn't but I was replying to the one that was..?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

My opinion is that case reporting is quite delayed and it gives a false impression.

We have case numbers today from people who probably got tested 3-5 days ago and contracted the infection 7-10 days ago before that.

Yet these numbers posted today are used to justify ridicule of people's behavior in the last few days or last week...

We have health officials discussing trend figures that over a week old relating to infections contract 1-2 weeks prior to that....and then referencing actions on the preceding day or two.....

This is not an conspiracy.....just a believe that health officials and NEPHET are beeing extremely cautious....and to the detriment of lots of aspects of life.

They give press briefings and hold meetings and advise the government. As of yet there is literally no proof they are giving stuff to the media, and reports generally say "Government Sources"

They will want to stay in level 5 if they believe numbers aren't low enough, they aren't doing it for the craic ffs

There is proof. Mary Favier on morning irelans during the week the constant tweets from Holahan saying he’s concerned or very concerned.
    Figures are dipping in the community and it’s care homes and hospitals causing these numbers. There’s tweets today about how there’s actually only 64 admissions from COVID in hospitals now the rest were hospital acquired infections.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/health-experts-favour-tighter-covid-restrictions-the-politicians-less-1.4415096?mode=amp&fbclid=IwAR1tXk1AZ-GFP3xcyG78VnSX9CQOUh1AVzqlMSMqAhpMzWbXMhTXs_hDkDY

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

It takes so long to come down from high case numbers. Worth remembering that when cases rise; early restrictions seem to have have huge benefits in reducing cases and disease in the weeks to follow.

There is proof. Mary Favier on morning irelans during the week the constant tweets from Holahan saying he’s concerned or very concerned.
    Figures are dipping in the community and it’s care homes and hospitals causing these numbers. There’s tweets today about how there’s actually only 64 admissions from COVID in hospitals now the rest were hospital acquired infections.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/health-experts-favour-tighter-covid-restrictions-the-politicians-less-1.4415096?mode=amp&fbclid=IwAR1tXk1AZ-GFP3xcyG78VnSX9CQOUh1AVzqlMSMqAhpMzWbXMhTXs_hDkDY

He is the CMO of the country and is saying he is concerned that the numbers aren't going down quickly, he isn't saying that to the Media or having interviews with the media about it, its been known for a while there are tensions between the two groups. If you think thats enough reason for NPHET to fix the numbers... we have gone from 1200 cases a day down to nearly 300. I don't think people realise how massive of a drop that is when you look at the rest of Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

There is currently hundreds of people on Grafton street

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement