Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,358 ✭✭✭jmcc

They don't believe a crime was committed and have moved on,letting the process play out
    Nothing to do with me or Sinn Féin
    It couldn't be simpler
    I asked whether you condoned Varadkar's action of leaking a confidential document to his friend. It is a simple question.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 67,303 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

jmcc wrote: »
    So you are claiming that because SF does something, it is OK for FG to do it?

Regards...jmcc
    I asked whether you condoned Varadkar's action of leaking a confidential document to his friend. It is a simple question.

Regards...jmcc

You're getting to the nub of it jmcc, Varadkar should neither resign nor stand aside while breaches of two pieces of legislation that carry a penalty of lengthy imprisonment are investigated while others should resign and stand aside while breaches of regulations that carry a penalty of fines are investigated.

You're getting to the nub of it jmcc, Varadkar should neither resign nor stand aside while breaches of two pieces of legislation that carry a penalty of lengthy imprisonment are investigated while others should resign and stand aside while breaches of regulations that carry a penalty of fines are investigated.

It should also be pointed out though that one of those two could have been a super spreader disease event leading to deaths and the other is believed by the government not to be a crime at all,only a process that any Tom dick or paddy cosgrave could stir up
    Wonder which is which?

It should also be pointed out though that one of those two could have been a super spreader disease event leading to deaths and the other is believed by the government not to be a crime at all,only a process that any Tom dick or paddy cosgrave could stir up
    Wonder which is which?

One is a crime with a penalty of several years in prison the other is a crime with a penalty of a fine.
    One was confessed to, so was committed, the other was denied and had insufficient evidence to prosecute according to the PSS and an independent senior counsel,

One is a crime with a penalty of several years in prison the other is a crime with a penalty of a fine.
    One was confessed to, so was committed, the other was denied and had insufficient evidence to prosecute according to the PSS and an independent senior counsel,

No crime was confessed to in either example

• Advertisement

The Gardai and the DPP will decide that, not the government and not Leo. Leo confessed to what they are investigating.

Varadkar admitted leaking a confidential document to his friend. He is now the subject of a criminal investigation over this action and Simon Harris and a number of civil servants have been interviewed by the Gardai. Varadkar and FG obviously hoped that the whole matter would be dropped after he admitted leaking the confidential document to his friend but it was not.

Regards...jmcc

Varadkar admitted leaking a confidential document to his friend. He is now the subject of a criminal investigation over this action and Simon Harris and a number of civil servants have been interviewed by the Gardai. Varadkar and FG obviously hoped that the whole matter would be dropped after he admitted leaking the confidential document to his friend but it was not.

Regards...jmcc

The government don't believe a crime was committed and have moved on letting the process (they appear very confident) instigatable by any Tom dick or paddy cosgrave play out
    No crime has been admitted to

• Registered Users Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

So admitting to leaking a confidential document doesn't count?

The government don't believe a crime was committed and have moved on letting the process (they appear very confident) instigatable by any Tom dick or paddy cosgrave play out
    No crime has been admitted to

The government are not the arbiters of whether a crime was committed. They are on the sideline here while our Gardai and DPP assess it and come to a decision.

If they decide it is a crime it will be already confessed to.

• Advertisement

The Gardai and the DPP will decide that, not the government and not Leo. Leo confessed to what they are investigating.

The statement you have made there is different to what I challenged you on because you cannot point to a crime
    Ergo you can't point to the admission of one
    You decided,I didn't
    Perhaps take your own advice?

The statement you have made there is different to what I challenged you on because you cannot point to a crime
    Ergo you can't point to the admission of one
    You decided,I didn't
    Perhaps take your own advice?

If the Gardai and DPP decide it is a crime then it carries a penalty of several years in prison. SF in the north were waiting for a similar decision on a crime that carried a penalty of a fine.

Sure you are not twisting to avoid an uncomfortable truth?

If the Gardai and DPP decide it is a crime then it carries a penalty of several years in prison. SF in the north were waiting for a similar decision on a crime that carried a penalty of a fine.

Sure you are not twisting to avoid an uncomfortable truth?

I didn't bring me or Sinn Féin into this,neither are relevant
    What is relevant is,since we are comparing,in neither was a crime admitted prior to the conclusion of an investigation

I didn't bring me or Sinn Féin into this,neither are relevant
    What is relevant is,since we are comparing,in neither was a crime admitted prior to the conclusion of an investigation

Leaking a confidential document was admitted to. The Gardai and DPP will decide if that is a crime, not the coalition government.

Leaking a confidential document was admitted to. The Gardai and DPP will decide if that is a crime, not the coalition government.
    The only ones who think it's not a crime are the FFG government and FG and Leo supporters. If we were not living in Covid times, Leo would have been long gone by now.

skimpydoo wrote: »
    The only ones who think it's not a crime are the FFG government and FG and Leo supporters. If we were not living in Covid times, Leo would have been long gone by now.
    If it wasn't for Covid, FG would have removed Varadkar after he led FG to one of its worst General Election results ever. FG was even content with going into opposition.

Regards...jmcc

Correct and as I respectfully suggested, perhaps take your own advice on that matter and wait for their conclusion
    You jumped the gun and stated something non factual,that he admitted a crime
    No crime has been determined,ergo none admitted
    Furthermore,the government are confident there was no crime
    We could run around the houses on that all night to no avail but it would be a fruitless carry on,lets agree to disagree
    No one is unaware of our positions

• Registered Users Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Just popped in to see the lay of the land.

I see Leo is still living rent free in your heads lads.

Sure look, whatever helps and all that:)

Correct and as I respectfully suggested, perhaps take your own advice on that matter and wait for their conclusion
    You jumped the gun and stated something non factual,that he admitted a crime
    No crime has been determined,ergo none admitted
    Furthermore,the government are confident there was no crime
    We could run around the houses on that all night to no avail but it would be a fruitless carry on,lets agree to disagree
    No one is unaware of our positions

You interjected to state that because the government believed it was not a crime it was somehow not one.

The government have no say in the matter. The wrongdoing that Varadkar confessed to will be determined as a crime or not by the Gardai handing a file n what they discover to the DPP and he decides if it was a crime under two pieces of legislation.

Just popped in to see the lay of the land.

I see Leo is still living rent free in your heads lads.

Sure look, whatever helps and all that:)

As long as Leo is under criminal investigation that almost if not unprecedented event will be a subject of conversation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

As long as Leo is under criminal investigation that almost if not unprecedented event will be a subject of conversation.

And as I said enjoy:)

This auld Abú system is very comprehensive. They've the parents down as worth a visit to the door. Jesus, starting to think the auld fella might be turning 'green'.

Phone numbers as well. :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,598 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

blanch152 wrote: »
    Now that you have introduced whataboutery SF into the discussion, there is a precedent...

No, no there isn't

Starting to wonder if this thread has run it's course tbh. Can we stay on topic or not?

This auld Abú system is very comprehensive. They've the parents down as worth a visit to the door. Jesus, starting to think the auld fella might be turning 'green'.

Phone numbers as well. :mad:

What has this got to do with Leo leaking a confidential document? Me thinks it might be more deflection.

skimpydoo wrote: »
    What has this got to do with Leo leaking a confidential document? Me thinks it might be more deflection.

You're right.

You interjected to state that because the government believed it was not a crime it was somehow not one. .

I stated a fact
    You stated an untruth
    It really is that simple

I stated a fact
    You stated an untruth
    It really is that simple

You misunderstood and it was clarified.

What I stated is relevant, what you stated is not. It doesn't matter if the government believe he poops gold pellets. If it is found to be a crime he has already confessed to committing it.

You misunderstood and it was clarified.

What I stated is relevant, what you stated is not. It doesn't matter if the government believe he poops gold pellets. If it is found to be a crime he has already confessed to committing it.

I did not mis understand
    YOU stated an untruth
    YOU then backtracked
    YOU then dished out irrelevant advice that you hadn't taken yourself
    It really is that simple

I did not mis understand
    YOU stated an untruth
    YOU then backtracked
    YOU then dished out irrelevant advice that you hadn't taken yourself
    It really is that simple

Clarified/backtracked, have it whatever way you want, doesn't change the truth of this:

• Advertisement

It is very relevant that no crime was admitted because at this point there isn't one
    Its also relevant to state that you back tracked in a discussion
    The latter may of course be an uncomfortable truth for you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement