Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your New WHS Index

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,443 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Russman wrote: »
    Apologies for being a bit dense with this, but what do you mean by that ? How is viewing it online different to the Golf Ireland website ? Genuinely confused.

Presumably means they are making their data available for other platforms outside of their own, so howdidido, etc...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Presumably means they are making their data available for other platforms outside of their own, so howdidido, etc...?

Yep, you can now see your handicap again on Howdidido, MasterScoreboard, Golfgenius an IG

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Strawberry HillBilly

Checked in on HowDidiDo and my handicap is not available ?

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Checked in on HowDidiDo and my handicap is not available ?

Have you paid your sub to your club?? Some Clubs are not registering people until they rejoin

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Strawberry HillBilly

Yeah sub paid up in full. Maybe it's an admin issue in the club?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Yeah sub paid up in full. Maybe it's an admin issue in the club?

I think the club need to do a publish to see the change, they was the case for handicapmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

Any update on the app release??

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭cjfitz

prawnsambo wrote: »
    I believe this is due to the order in which scores were imported into the database. Usually happens when there were a few away scores that weren't on your record initially, but were corrected by your club and so changed your index. But the chronological order hasn't changed obviously, so the last HI doesn't reflect the new index. I'm basing this on changes I've observed where this has happened. I assume that each line is 'locked in' after import, but current index is updated as scores are added.

I'm a bit confused.

I got our handicap secretary to add a missing away score for me today. On the overview my index is 7.1 but the WHS index column on the "My Score" page says 6.0 next the latest score. The score added was a good score so I would have expected it to come down from 6.8 not go up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

cjfitz wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused.

I got our handicap secretary to add a missing away score for me today. On the overview my index is 7.1 but the WHS index column on the "My Score" page says 6.0 next the latest score. The score added was a good score so I would have expected it to come down from 6.8 not go up.

Could it be that the score that has fallen out of the 20 score window was an even better score?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭cjfitz

Could it be that the score that has fallen out of the 20 score window was an even better score?

Ya, you are correct now that I compare them. They were both 76's but the old score had a differential of 1.7 compared to 4.3 of the one just added. Still a bit confused as to why WHS Index column says 6.0. Up until now I presumed that column indicated your revised WHS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Quick Question:

Does a 9 hole round count as a full round?

Or a half round? For example if I played 20 9 hole rounds would they be the sole rounds used to calculate my handicap?

Ignoring caps etc

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭the long lad

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Quick Question:

Does a 9 hole round count as a full round?

Or a half round? For example if I played 20 9 hole rounds would they be the sole rounds used to calculate my handicap?

Ignoring caps etc

It counts as a full round. The system effectively gives you 17 points for the other 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

slingerz wrote: »
    Any update on the app release??

App is available on android but not on itunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

fearruanua wrote: »
    App is available on android but not on itunes.

I'm surprised they didn't lobby; 2 balls, 2 households and only android users.

Bit of a shambles really.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

PARlance wrote: »
    I'm surprised they didn't lobby; 2 balls, 2 households and only android users.

Bit of a shambles really.

Just checked there. Its on itunes now. It wasn't there last week so must have been added over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭the long lad

Does anyone know why the 'course rating minus par' is incorporated into the h/c calculation for 9 hole scores, but is not for 18 hole scores? I'm pretty sure that this is going to result in guys who handicap lots of 9 hole scores being off a higher handicap than guys who only handicap 18 hole scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,153 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Does anyone know why the 'course rating minus par' is incorporated into the h/c calculation for 9 hole scores, but is not for 18 hole scores? I'm pretty sure that this is going to result in guys who handicap lots of 9 hole scores being off a higher handicap than guys who only handicap 18 hole scores.
    Where are you getting that from?

Where are you getting that from?

Some countries do it for 18, we dont but we do for 9

I did some test calcs for 9 holes as part of my role on clubs handicapping committee

Some countries do it for 18, we dont but we do for 9

I did some test calcs for 9 holes as part of my role on clubs handicapping committee
    What software are you using? I ran one on Handicap Master and it didn't calculate h/c using CR-par.

Edit: Although to be fair, there's feck all between CR and par on either nine on our course.

What software are you using? I ran one on Handicap Master and it didn't calculate h/c using CR-par.

Edit: Although to be fair, there's feck all between CR and par on either nine on our course.

Howdidido, and one of the calcs was wrong for one the 9s

But didnt have time figure out why

• Advertisement

Howdidido, and one of the calcs was wrong for one the 9s

But didnt have time figure out why
    Had a look into it. Yes, CR-Par is used for 9 hole competitions. I'm not bored enough to play around with the calculations (I'll let the software do that), but I suspect that it's something to do with Adjusted Gross Score being calculated on a 'scaled up' 18 hole score based on nett pars plus one stroke for the second nine.

I've attached the CONGU advice document which outlines the procedure from page 32 for those who are bored. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

Any courses using the new handicap system yet, our own course fawned us off with placing on the fairways, which are hard as a rock?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Thats really bad form on behalf of your club. The WHS is here to stay so it's time they wised up. Everyone should have the option of using it now.

Thats really bad form on behalf of your club. The WHS is here to stay so it's time they wised up. Everyone should have the option of using it now.

They had placing on the fairways so as not to have a qualifying round available. Total joke, the fairways are solid, pure laziness in preparation and thats after months of inactivity as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Placing in the fairways allows for qualifying does it not? I thought it was placing in the rough that stopped qualifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Placing in the fairways allows for qualifying does it not? I thought it was placing in the rough that stopped qualifying.

I agree placing on fairway is qualifying.

Its May ground is hard due to lack of rain no reason to try and stop qualifying rounds.

People can just use the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,841 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

septicsac wrote: »
    Any courses using the new handicap system yet, our own course fawned us off with placing on the fairways, which are hard as a rock?

The course/club don’t use the new handicap system.
    They use whichever club system they have already in place (such as handicap master/HDID). That integrates with the Golf Ireland Platform.

As mentioned above, if it is placing on the fairways only, qualifying scores are still allowed. And you don’t have to place ;)

And lastly, if you want to submit a score on the Golf Ireland app, there is nothing stopping you, as long as you play by the rules and have someone attest your score, the club cannot stop you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

When the WHS first arrived in November I was given 10.7 and when I downloaded the app last week I have gone up to 12.4 even though I obviously haven’t played.
    I checked and because I played a few 9 hole competitions last year I got the increase in handicap.
    I’m not a bit happy about it either but what can you do.

Seve OB wrote: »
    The course/club don’t use the new handicap system.
    They use whichever club system they have already in place (such as handicap master/HDID). That integrates with the Golf Ireland Platform.

As mentioned above, if it is placing on the fairways only, qualifying scores are still allowed. And you don’t have to place ;)

And lastly, if you want to submit a score on the Golf Ireland app, there is nothing stopping you, as long as you play by the rules and have someone attest your score, the club cannot stop you.

So if I want to put in a card for my handicap, I can do this anytime, without involving the club, just use the app and have someone witness same?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,443 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

septicsac wrote: »
    So if I want to put in a card for my handicap, I can do this anytime, without involving the club, just use the app and have someone witness same?

In essence, yes. Needs to be someone else that's set up on the golf Ireland app as you assign them as affirming the score, and they get a notification on the app to confirm your score

Advertisement