Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More people believing Conspiracy theories

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

The Nal wrote: »
    Keeping the kids safe yeah. And people they come into contact with.

Is this a conspiracy theory?

"da gubbermint R trakkin were we go"

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭a_squirrelman

Anyone want to move to Singapore:

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-54792187

Keeping us "safe", right?

That's really cool! Great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

Keeping the kids safe yeah. And people they come into contact with.

Is this a conspiracy theory?

Oh it's not a conspiracy at all.

Perfectly normal to make it mandatory for kids to wear tracking devices and for people like you to say "ooooh but it keeps us SAFE. It's for our own good....waaaaahhhhh!"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Oh it's not a conspiracy at all.

Perfectly normal to make it mandatory for kids to wear tracking devices and for people like you to say "ooooh but it keeps us SAFE. It's for our own good....waaaaahhhhh!"

You got it buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Users' data is stored on the token, purged regularly and sent to the Ministry of Health only after a positive coronavirus test.

Imagine implementing a track and trace system that actually works. Bastards they are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

David Ike's Twitter account has been terminated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

A modern well run country with a progressive welfare system.

🙈🙉🙊

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

A modern well run country with a progressive welfare system.
    Too many rules. It's the sort of place where they have tiny mobile phone base stations in lifts , so you can get a good signal everywhere and so can Big Brother.

https://www.businessinsider.com/things-that-are-illegal-in-singapore-2015-7?r=US&IR=T

• Registered Users Posts: 20,503 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Big Brother has 18 million Little Brothers going through everyone's phone calls and CCTV images to see what they are up to.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Worried about 5G ?

China just launched a 6G satellite. Which will beam it's rays down on everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,813 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I love the last bit in the article:

"The satellite also carries technology which will be used for crop disaster monitoring and forest fire prevention."

BUTT DE RAYZ!!!

I tend to believe somewhat on some conspiracies, especially the ones with actual evidence. For example, 9/11. The video of the explosions floor by floor as it was falling, and the other evidence presented (over many, many different videos, all taken with a bag of salt), such as how a plane hit the Pentagon in the first place, wreckage "melting" conveniently, finding the passports of the lads... I wouldn't outright say it was inside, but it does have a lot of evidence to at least make you think.

Then you have Flat Earthers, who have no evidence at all, or the 5G weirdos. Those are the funny ones. But some conspiracies do put forward a good argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,503 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I love the last bit in the article:

"The satellite also carries technology which will be used for crop disaster monitoring and forest fire prevention."

BUTT DE RAYZ!!!

I tend to believe somewhat on some conspiracies, especially the ones with actual evidence. For example, 9/11. The video of the explosions floor by floor as it was falling, and the other evidence presented (over many, many different videos, all taken with a bag of salt), such as how a plane hit the Pentagon in the first place, wreckage "melting" conveniently, finding the passports of the lads... I wouldn't outright say it was inside, but it does have a lot of evidence to at least make you think.

Then you have Flat Earthers, who have no evidence at all, or the 5G weirdos. Those are the funny ones. But some conspiracies do put forward a good argument.

The internet is full of "evidence" supporting Flat Earth and 5G theories. What makes your "actual evidence" about 9/11 any more credible than theirs? They would tell you where to get off if you challenged them.

I have spotted a pattern in a lot of posts. People say Look at me I'm all reasonable, I don't believe in Lizard People, Fake Moon Landings etc. But I think there are "questions" and "doubts" about JFK, 9/11 etc.

To me both are equally invalid, and the "actual evidence" and so called proof offered is itself open to many questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,892 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

But here's the thing, I wouldn't class Noam Chomsky and John Pilger as conspiracy theorists (don't know the other fella), I respect them for the most part, it isn't an all in or all out thing.

Where with the recent conspiracy theories floating around I'm like "wtf is this".

John Pilger has come very close in recent years. He seems happy to a accept any Putin, Assad propaganda at face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 rinleezz

The internet is full of "evidence" supporting Flat Earth and 5G theories. What makes your "actual evidence" about 9/11 any more credible than theirs? They would tell you where to get off if you challenged them.

I have spotted a pattern in a lot of posts. People say Look at me I'm all reasonable, I don't believe in Lizard People, Fake Moon Landings etc. But I think there are "questions" and "doubts" about JFK, 9/11 etc.

To me both are equally invalid, and the "actual evidence" and so called proof offered is itself open to many questions.

Well, you sort of put these conspiracy theories in two completely different groups. Flat Earth and 5G are nonsense and can be debunked by scientific facts to any person that doesn't have a peanut for a brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,813 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Basically what rinleezz said. The crazy ones (5G, Flat Earth, spreading viruses via cell signals, etc) can be disproven by science and fact. The others can have some element of truth to them. Again, I don't believe many, but I do question 9/11. And to be honest, when I got sucked into that hole, I've tried my best to avoid going into another one, so I try not to get too interested in them these days. But 9/11 has a very interesting hole... that doesn't sound right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

"The main thing that I learned about conspiracy theory, is that conspiracy theorists believe in a conspiracy because that is more comforting. The truth of the world is that it is actually chaotic. The truth is that it is not The Iluminati, or The Jewish Banking Conspiracy, or the Gray Alien Theory.

The truth is far more frightening - Nobody is in control.

The world is rudderless."

Alan Moore

Did Mr Moore see things from the deepest inside? I would imagine FDR, JFK or DDE did.

The world is not chaotic, nor are events. For the most part they are controlled. If you deign to think that they are random then you ought to try and think again.

Events do not happen without either malice aforethought OR the projection of consequence.

Nothing that affects the lives of those on the planet happens by pure happenstance, except natural events such as storms, earthquakes, floods. Those event's that cannot be controlled.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Woke up this morning to see pretty much every pole and fence in My local neighbourhood plastered with laminate signs "stop the fear - the corona virus has never been isolated in a laborotory" and further goes on with anti vax and conspiracy nonsense. Finished with links to you tube asking people to "do their research". Im sure the text was cut and paste from some anti vax / 5g / anti mask conspiracy forum that our local karen signed up to and decided to take it upon herself to impart this misleading public health information.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭katiek102010

Two complete idiots with gemmaitis arrested in my local town the other night.

Handing or i should say trying to ram leaflets into people with their bs nonsense.

Gemma then trying to rally protesters to free the tipp 2,

It would be funny except I have underlying health condition and I don't need some mad lunatic, probably infected with god knows what geiing in my face and trying to force a leaflet on to me, while I was telling her to get the f**k away.
    Sorry now I didn't ring the guards myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

This thread reminds me of this... what a comic genius :-)

https://youtu.be/AwARY7Kk8ek?t=57

Did Mr Moore see things from the deepest inside? I would imagine FDR, JFK or DDE did.

JFK, RFK, MLK et al had no control over some randomers putting a bullet in their heads.

Its easier to believe that these things were planned as opposed to just one lone lunatic with a gun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

A plausible conspiracy theory I heard was Fianna Fáil party had Liam Lawlor assassinated in Russia. He was ready to lift the lid on a lot of corruption by other FF TDs in Haughey and Aherns Governments

A plausible conspiracy theory I heard was Fianna Fáil party had Liam Lawlor assassinated in Russia. He was ready to lift the lid on a lot of corruption by other FF TDs in Haughey and Aherns Governments

He died in a car crash. So did the driver.

I've heard it all now.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭COVID

David Ike's Twitter account has been terminated.

....or eaten by Lizard People. Do the research and then decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I'm friends with one of his sons , he loves this **** .
    In fact he'll tell you Liam Lawlor is still alive and working in Vegas .
    The sole survivor sued a number of Irish newspapers settling out of court for the ****e published about her.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭COVID

You bring up the moon landing conspiracy....
    "In politics nothing happens by accident. If it happens you can bet it was planned that way." - Franklin D. Roosevelt.

"We will prefer even a conspiracy theory or junk theory to no theory at all." — Christopher Hitchens

I'm friends with one of his sons , he loves this **** .
    In fact he'll tell you Liam Lawlor is still alive and working in Vegas .
    The sole survivor sued a number of Irish newspapers settling out of court for the ****e published about her.

Yes, the Sindo straight out said she was a prostitute.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

In what way is it plausible?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

And so it continues. Reading through FB this evening, a comedian i follow has done a covid sketch. Someone posts about the vaccine and how it's going to change your DNA. From what I can see, the poster is no immunology expert so unlikely to be sitting on some cutting edge research that they're having peer reviewed and ready for publication in the morning.

The post attracts a heap of likes. "Speaking facts"' "do your research" are common themes in the replies. Anyone who challenges is branded as a sheep. "Wake up","It's all part of the plan". It's almost cult like and evalengical.

The DNA claim is easily debunked by fact checking. Why are people so gullible?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 feedmindc19

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    And so it continues. Reading through FB this evening, a comedian i follow has done a covid sketch. Someone posts about the vaccine and how it's going to change your DNA. From what I can see, the poster is no immunology expert so unlikely to be sitting on some cutting edge research that they're having peer reviewed and ready for publication in the morning.

The post attracts a heap of likes. "Speaking facts"' "do your research" are common themes in the replies. Anyone who challenges is branded as a sheep. "Wake up","It's all part of the plan". It's almost cult like and evalengical.

The DNA claim is easily debunked by fact checking. Why are people so gullible?

This and whats the story with agenda 21/30, Ive googled it and the jest of it is to eradicate poverty and less governments etc http://www.un.org/esa/agenda21/natlinfo/

Advertisement