Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More people believing Conspiracy theories

Options

Comments

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Ironically it's the conspiracy theorists that are the sheep. Blindly following the half truth and pseudo science they're sold without question.

Yeah, you keep believing everything governments and big pharma tell you. Not like they were lying to you last time around either :pac: Let us know how you get on with their new vaccine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭a_squirrelman

Yeah, you keep believing everything governments and big pharma tell you. Not like they were lying to you last time around either :pac: Let us know how you get on with their new vaccine :D

How can you believe that so many groups (pharma, dozens of governments, WHO, in country health officials) can successfully work "in cahoots" when those same groups can't organise the most simple things in secret (Golfgate)?

And in that same video it states 355 people died in the UK from swine flu.

Today from covid-19 they are sitting on 45k deaths.

Just because pharma exaggerated back, that has nothing to do with the situation today.

You are a prime conspiracy theory follower with those stretches in logic linking different events.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,426 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I had a cousin and her new partner who I'd met a few times at family gatherings before, over for dinner a few years ago and during the course of conversation it became clear that he was at Jim Corr level of believing in conspiracies.

911 - Inside Job.
    JFK - No way Oswald did it.
    Moon Landings - Faked.

I found it quite shocking that this intelligent and serious man really believed in everything he was saying and any counter argument you present was deemed rubbish and that I need to wake up and realise what's going on.

I just don't get how they think these things can happen without whistleblowing. Organising 911 would require the co-operation of a lot of people but it is plausible as a small group could be behind the people that actually did it.

The moon landings though, it's ridiculous to think it didn't happen. That would require co-operation of thousands of people who would then remain silent for the rest of their days.

But no matter what you say or present to these people they just dismiss it and carry on their life believing there's a great big organisation out there controlling the world.

Last i heard was he was in town at the Anti-Masking protests so Covd is now doubt a conspiracy as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 feedmindc19

[QUOTE

Just because pharma exaggerated back, that has nothing to do with the situation today.
    [/QUOTE]

That"s not correct though, Leo himself has admitted so through twitter.

• Advertisement

And in that same video it states 355 people died in the UK from swine flu.

You are a prime conspiracy theory follower with those stretches in logic linking different events.

"45k Covid deaths"... Even though the guy who created the test said it should never be used for testing Covid, as it wasn't created for that or reliable.

Also, there's a lot of well documented false positives and reports of low accuracy rate. Further, Doctors (especially in the States) have confirmed there's incentives to record deaths as "Covid", whether Covid was actually the primary cause of death or not.

So, it's not 45k. You have no idea what the actual number is. Besides, the average age of people dying from Covid is the same as people who die anyway. Stop buying into the hysteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,659 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

". Further, Doctors (especially in the States) have confirmed there's incentives to record deaths as "Covid", whether Covid was actually the primary cause of death or not.

What incentives, and who is offering them? And who are these doctors?

Really? Big Pharma aren't solely concerned with making billions of dollars anymore? That's news to me. As for the WHO, Bill Gates is their primary funder. He/they are pushing for global vaccination. Bill, of course is putting billions himself into vaccine development, whilst admitting publicly many times there's huge profit returns from investing in vaccines.

You'll have to excuse my skepticism ;)

Really? Big Pharma aren't solely concerned with making billions of dollars anymore? That's news to me. As for the WHO, Bill Gates is their primary funder. He/they are pushing for global vaccination. Bill, of course is putting billions himself into vaccine development, whilst admitting publicly many times there's huge profit returns from investing in vaccines.

You'll have to excuse my skepticism ;)

I can't excuse your scaremongering. This sort of stuff has caused many extra deaths, by frightening people about vaccines.

What incentives, and who is offering them? And who are these doctors?

1min onwards regarding incentives for recording deaths as Covid. Surprised this hasn't been removed yet, like anything else outside the mainstream narrative :pac:

• Advertisement

1min onwards regarding incentives for recording deaths as Covid. Surprised this hasn't been removed yet, like anything else outside the mainstream narrative :pac:

The internet if full of stuff from outside the "mainstream narrative". This computer has no access to Youtube. Who is the source of that information?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,184 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The internet if full of stuff from outside the "mainstream narrative". This computer has no access to Youtube. Who is the source of that information?

Its a video from OANN.

Californian Doctor, Dr. Brian Tyson MD. Treated a few thousand Covid patients so far.

As for me "scaremongering", put it this way:
    You're on lockdown for the next month (and more after Christmas), whilst you await the vaccine for a "deadly" virus that has a 0.03% statistical chance of killing you. Because the government, media, and health groups told you so. Yet I'm the one scaremongering. Makes sense.

Look, you wait for your vaccine anyway (it'll be multiple doses btw, as they've already confirmed). Again, I'm sure that's nothing to do with money.

Good luck and health to you, regardless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I can't excuse your scaremongering. This sort of stuff has caused many extra deaths, by frightening people about vaccines.

You don't think there are any issues with an unqualified super wealthy man with a family background in population control deciding that he should determine medical treatments for the entire planet, and buying his way into positions where his ideas can be enacted? I have no problem with the traditional vaccines but I won't be touching any covid19 one.

sabat wrote: »
    You don't think there are any issues with an unqualified super wealthy man with a family background in population control deciding that he should determine medical treatments for the entire planet, and buying his way into positions where his ideas can be enacted? I have no problem with the traditional vaccines but I won't be touching any covid19 one.

Extraordinary, isn't it; they're so trusting :D

Leave them to it anyway. The more of them that roll up for their shots (pun intended), the less the rest of us will have to worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

OANN. A quick google will give you lots of info on what an absolute joke of a set up they are.

The Nal wrote: »
    OANN. A quick google will give you lots of info on what an absolute joke of a set up they are.

Yep, it's a fake news cesspit.
    Media bias fact check rate them as " questionable, based on far-right bias, lack of sourcing, promotion of conspiracy theories, and propaganda as well as numerous failed fact checks. OAN is not a credible news source."

The Nal wrote: »
    Yep, it's a fake news cesspit.
    Media bias fact check rate them as " questionable, based on far-right bias, lack of sourcing, promotion of conspiracy theories, and propaganda as well as numerous failed fact checks. OAN is not a credible news source."

Just 'cause you don't like what they have to say ;)

Attack the message, not the messenger. Doctor confirmed (as have others) that they're being incentivised to record deaths as Covid. You might not like it, but it's the truth.

Alternatively, ignore the truth and await your vaxx(s). Makes no difference to me :pac:

It's a very serious business if doctors are falsifying death certificates on the basis of incentives (money?) they are being offered. Puts them in Harold Shipman territory. The US being what it is, whoever is offering the incentives and the doctors could see themselves in court facing claims for compensation. Or maybe criminal charges. That's if the evidence exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,849 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

It's a very serious business if doctors are falsifying death certificates on the basis of incentives (money?) they are being offered. Puts them in Harold Shipman territory. The US being what it is, whoever is offering the incentives and the doctors could see themselves in court facing claims for compensation. Or maybe criminal charges. That's if the evidence exists.

I think it's very well documented that in the US doctors were given government funding for COVID related cases. Therefore, when a death occurred even if it was a traffic accident the person was tested, and if COVID was present it was put down as a COVID death to avail of the government funding.

I'm in no way a conspiracy theorists, but that did (does?) happen in the US. I would suggest though that the extent of it happening was miniscule, and in no inflated the figures to the ridiculous levels it did.

Ireland had a similar system with the €60 per phonecall doctors were making for every COVID call. Then we seen doctors practically close their surgeries and only take calls because it was much more profitable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

There is financial incentive in the US alright. They've made no effort to hide it. Typically, the diagnosis-related group lump sum payment would be $5,000. But if it's COVID-19 pneumonia, then it's $13,000, and if that COVID-19 pneumonia patient ends up on a ventilator, it goes up to $39,000.

Sort of knocks the other theory on the head, that governments are trying to play down the numbers to make themselves look good. In a court case I could not see the insurance companies in America standing over any case where falsification of a death certificate is proved. Dangerous ground for the doctors to be on, facing possible personal liability in claims for compensation.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭OscarMIlde

murpho999 wrote: »
    I had a cousin and her new partner who I'd met a few times at family gatherings before, over for dinner a few years ago and during the course of conversation it became clear that he was at Jim Corr level of believing in conspiracies.

911 - Inside Job.
    JFK - No way Oswald did it.
    Moon Landings - Faked.

I found it quite shocking that this intelligent and serious man really believed in everything he was saying and any counter argument you present was deemed rubbish and that I need to wake up and realise what's going on.

I just don't get how they think these things can happen without whistleblowing. Organising 911 would require the co-operation of a lot of people but it is plausible as a small group could be behind the people that actually did it.

The moon landings though, it's ridiculous to think it didn't happen. That would require co-operation of thousands of people who would then remain silent for the rest of their days.

But no matter what you say or present to these people they just dismiss it and carry on their life believing there's a great big organisation out there controlling the world.

Last i heard was he was in town at the Anti-Masking protests so Covd is now doubt a conspiracy as well

To be fair, doubting the official narrative about the JFK assassination is valid. So are some of the underlying arguments regarding 911. Not all conspiracy theories are created equal. There was evidence that some people knew of the attacks beforehand as evidenced by abnormal patterns in stock market betting. That's not some out there conspiracy.
    I remember reading an article in the Sunday Tribune in the weeks following the attacks about how investigating this stock market activity might lead to a breakthrough in finding the mastermind of it. That avenue was quietly shelved with no explanation of why. We also know that the US government very cynically used the attacks as an excuse to invade Iraq. While most of the 911 conspiracy theories are ridiculously out there, it is possible that the US government chose not to reveal all they knew due to Realpolitik (e.g dependence on Saudi Arabia as a US ally/vying with Russia to dominate Middle Eastern assets). When the truth is concealed in such a manner conspiracies often fill the void.

You can have people who logically consider the evidence and consider it likely that the mainstream view of some event is inaccurate. Then you can have the likes of the Alex Jones or Richard D Hall type conspiracy theorist who will believe any old cack as they have some psychological leaning towards paranoid thinking. It's often very hard to dissuade these people of their beliefs because they are ironically very close minded people, distrusting any official source as untrustworthy.

OscarMIlde wrote: »
    To be fair, doubting the official narrative about the JFK assassination is valid. So are some of the underlying arguments regarding 911. Not all conspiracy theories are created equal. There was evidence that some people knew of the attacks beforehand as evidenced by abnormal patterns in stock market betting. That's not some out there conspiracy.
    I remember reading an article in the Sunday Tribune in the weeks following the attacks about how investigating this stock market activity might lead to a breakthrough in finding the mastermind of it. That avenue was quietly shelved with no explanation of why. We also know that the US government very cynically used the attacks as an excuse to invade Iraq. While most of the 911 conspiracy theories are ridiculously out there, it is possible that the US government chose not to reveal all they knew due to Realpolitik (e.g dependence on Saudi Arabia as a US ally/vying with Russia to dominate Middle Eastern assets). When the truth is concealed in such a manner conspiracies often fill the void.

You can have people who logically consider the evidence and consider it likely that the mainstream view of some event is inaccurate. Then you can have the likes of the Alex Jones or Richard D Hall type conspiracy theorist who will believe any old cack as they have some psychological leaning towards paranoid thinking. It's often very hard to dissuade these people of their beliefs because they are ironically very close minded people, distrusting any official source as untrustworthy.

If you had not put "to be fair" at the start I would have accepted it just as your opinion. Whether it is fair or not is not for you to impose on readers.

The 9/11 conspiracy is probably the most believable, mainly because there's so many holes in the official story. Even the Pentagon crash alone has so many problems with it.

The 9/11 conspiracy is probably the most believable, mainly because there's so many holes in the official story. Even the Pentagon crash alone has so many problems with it.

Or the insider trading that indicated prior knowledge, as mentioned above. When asked if it could be coincidental, one stock analyst said "it would have to be the most extraordinary coincidence of all time".

George Bush was like: "tragic, tragic.... into the Middle East (and oil fields) we go..."

Or the insider trading that indicated prior knowledge, as mentioned above. When asked if it could be coincidental, one stock analyst said "it would have to be the most extraordinary coincidence of all time".

George Bush was like: "tragic, tragic.... into the Middle East (and oil fields) we go..."

Sometimes I put a quote like that into Google Advanced Search to see if it returns any results. There are no results for the "it would have to be the most extraordinary ..." quote. Do you know who the source is?

Sometimes I put a quote like that into Google Advanced Search to see if it returns any results. There are no results for the "it would have to be the most extraordinary ..." quote. Do you know who the source is?
    Try a different search engine. Google is part of the conspiracy. :cool:

No, I was paraphrasing from something I read years ago. I'll have a look later, though. As someone else noted, 9/11 has so many holes, it's absolutely laughable. That's a different thread, though.

All I will say is absolutely everything always comes down to money, power, and control. Whether it be the incentivised Covid payments confirmed above, the whole vax/big pharma malarkey, or 9/11 and the middle East. It always comes down to the same thing. Tis the sad reality of life.

• Advertisement

No, I was paraphrasing from something I read years ago. I'll have a look later, though. As someone else noted, 9/11 has so many holes, it's absolutely laughable. That's a different thread, though.

All I will say is absolutely everything always comes down to money, power, and control. Whether it be the incentivised Covid payments confirmed above, the whole vax/big pharma malarkey, or 9/11 and the middle East. It always comes down to the same thing. Tis the sad reality of life.

Nah, sometimes things just happen. Like a random virus and trying to beat it.

But some people can't handle random in their small lives, everything needs some bigger reason or cause.

Usually they just need something more in their lives and conspiracies fill that void. Bit of exercise or just getting off the web will set you on the right path.

Advertisement