Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    You know your getting old when you are bending down to get/do something & think is there anything else I can do while I'm down here.

Or when you go upstairs to get something and pop in for a wee while you're up there.

You know your getting old when you are bending down to get/do something & think is there anything else I can do while I'm down here.

I'm refraining from making the obvious joke. It's not easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

And you can't do that at all with making an unseemly grunting noise which for some unfathomable reason is essential to bending/crouching (No guffaws please. Buile, I'm looking at you.)

I'm having a tough day. Really feeling blue. I'm gonna be blatant and ask for hugs.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    And you can't do that at all with making an unseemly grunting noise which for some unfathomable reason is essential to bending/crouching (No guffaws please. Buile, I'm looking at you.)

I'm having a tough day. Really feeling blue. I'm gonna be blatant and ask for hugs.

Ah :(

I hug you.

Haha why do I get singled out?! :D Ah no sure I have arthritis , grunting and grumbling par for the course over here! ;)

Hugs Sardi. Sorry you're having a tough day.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Mega boobly huggles for Sardi

Haha why do I get singled out?! :D Ah no sure I have arthritis , grunting and grumbling par for the course over here! ;)

Hugs Sardi. Sorry you're having a tough day.

Do you Buile? It's a painful dose.

Thanks guys. It's greatly appreciated. Booby hugs back at you all.

An air fryer is basically a fan oven.

The mams birthday today, she is playing with her presents :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Is there booby hugs being given out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Thanks guys. It's greatly appreciated. Booby hugs back at you all.

Great big bear hug to you Sardi ((hug))

Heartbeat time :)

Seph I have no intention of behaving myself and you may lay off the onions ;):D

Do you Buile? It's a painful dose.

I sure do and it sure is. That's genetics for ya! :)

Is there booby hugs being given out?

Ah, come h'ere so for some squish.

And you are young as well. Apart from the daddy I know one other person afflicted and they are also young. Can you manage ok with it?

And you are young as well. Apart from the daddy I know one other person afflicted and they are also young. Can you manage ok with it?

Ah yeah I'm fine, I have my methods of dealing with it. It's just one of those things. Lots of it in the fam. My younger brother is much worse than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭3d4life

Great ! we can exchange pictures of our greatest flares :D ( I do RA )

3d4life wrote: »
    Great ! we can exchange pictures of our greatest flares :D ( I do RA )

I've heard of women being propositioned with photo swaps online, but I didn't think it would be like this!

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭3d4life

I've heard of women being propositioned with photo swaps online, but I didn't think it would be like this!

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,105 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Each to their own but I wouldn't recommend Martyrs. I watched it a few years back. I don't really like watching things that are too grim anymore but if you don't mind watching someone getting tortured then work away :D

Catching up on the thread here at the kitchen table and at the laptop.

Films, be they feature length or short. Be they well funded or micro budget. If they are grim in a reality sense, they are doomed no matter what market they get released in. People still enjoy fantasy horror despite some of the ground breaking films being frowned upon and banned 40 odd years ago. Things have changed enormously yet they haven't changed because certain subject matter is still not accepted on screen. Horror films are still routed in gore/ghosts and fantasy stories. Any attempt to address certain aspects of society in a "horror" sense are derided.

I made a short film 12 years ago that depicted a tragedy that was happening for years. The same tragedy is happening this week and last week. People will read about it, but do not want to see, as someone else said on the thread, "the visuals". I was frowned upon and verbally attacked at screenings for making it. Nobody was comfortable watching it. It didn't fit the narrative, yet it did. Finished me off in filmaking terms.

Just thought I'd share a little part of my life this evening re the earlier chat.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

G just no one recognising your genius I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,105 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

G just no one recognising your genius I think.

Its far from genius Grem. The world in general is not ready for certain stuff on screen. I did what I did back then. I accept the criticism for content and our limited production values. But still very proud of it. If you are creative, you have to stand by it. Ms G paints and I always tell her even if you hate the painting. stand by it, realize why you hate it and tell the audience why. But art is art and starts in the deep down soul of your inner being.

G is getting his mojo back.:D

Go you!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside but I think its time for a cupan tae and as gremlin would say "a packet of foncy crisps" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Snails pace

Watching shíte on tv when I should be in bed.

Deskside but I think its time for a cupan tae and as gremlin would say "a packet of foncy crisps" :pac:

Can I have some?

Can I have some?

I have some tesco ready salted if you like?. Super not foncy :p

I have some tesco ready salted if you like?. Super not foncy :p

Beats the grapes I'm snacking on now!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Can I have some?

Think fast, open your mouth :-P

*fires a few bistro crisps over*

Beats the grapes I'm snacking on now!

Ooh little trade?

• Advertisement

Think fast, open your mouth :-P

*fires a few bistro crisps over*

Ooh bistro! Fancy!

Edit: oh I mean foncy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement