Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside in my home office/spare bedroom, trying to get some work finished up, but messing about surfing the web instead. :o

It's only about 30 mins of effort - MUST. TRY. HARDER!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Scrambled egg on waffles to soke up the two strong beers I had on an empty stomach, watching two Peruvian girls on YouTube give a makeup tutorial. Dafuq has my life become???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Catching up on the thread here at the kitchen table and at the laptop.

Films, be they feature length or short. Be they well funded or micro budget. If they are grim in a reality sense, they are doomed no matter what market they get released in. People still enjoy fantasy horror despite some of the ground breaking films being frowned upon and banned 40 odd years ago. Things have changed enormously yet they haven't changed because certain subject matter is still not accepted on screen. Horror films are still routed in gore/ghosts and fantasy stories. Any attempt to address certain aspects of society in a "horror" sense are derided.

I made a short film 12 years ago that depicted a tragedy that was happening for years. The same tragedy is happening this week and last week. People will read about it, but do not want to see, as someone else said on the thread, "the visuals". I was frowned upon and verbally attacked at screenings for making it. Nobody was comfortable watching it. It didn't fit the narrative, yet it did. Finished me off in filmaking terms.

Just thought I'd share a little part of my life this evening re the earlier chat.

I thank you for sharing that and I am intrigued by it.Is there anywhere to view it or know what it was about?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,105 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I thank you for sharing that and I am intrigued by it.Is there anywhere to view it or know what it was about?

I Pm'd you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside the popcorn is a popping and the coke is a chilling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,724 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

The Cure. A beer. Chinese takeaway later.
    The spiderman will be having you for dinner tonight ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭3d4life

I can never understand people who literally get aroused at the thought of a storm or snowmaggedon.
    We were badly impacted by Storm Darwin in 2015 and had some serious damage to an out building so I never want to see any kind of aggressive weather again.

+1

I can only imagine that they live a very, umm, sheltered (:p) life.

Storm & cold means trees down and burst pipes. The airheads are oblivious :(

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    The spiderman will be having you for dinner tonight ;)

It could be more than the Spiderman. But hey its Friday and I'm....EXPOSED!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Currently have the wireless on, later it'll be Faithless or Autechre or Aim To Head mixes on youtoob

• Registered Users Posts: 21,842 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Currently have the wireless on, later it'll be Faithless or Autechre or Aim To Head mixes on youtoob

Faithless ..

Hope the night goes quickly for you Grem .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Tonight i don't mind too much (i think) the next few will require spare sets of clothes and a tough constitution :pac:

Brandy has not only numbed my palate but also my mind lol.

I like brandy , haven't had one in years though .

Will it be the shenanigans of others over the next few nights Grem that will cause issues ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Pleasant enough day, migraine notwithstanding. My mood has certainly improved and I'll take a migraine over that any day. Even managed a stroll with Grumpy. Been watching Barbarians on 'Flix. It's nonsense but the long haired beardlies are a very pleasant distraction. Time to feed my purry mammals and I'll pop out to look at the moon. Hope I don't start howling.

Mam of 4 wrote: »

Will it be the shenanigans of others over the next few nights Grem that will cause issues ?

Weather will be the main concern, also people get weird over the full moon

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all :) Relaxing here tonight, ice cream, skips and of course my beloved lucozade :) Hope you are all being good to yourselves :)

Weather will be the main concern, also people get weird over the full moon

Forgot about the moon tbh , which explains the dip in mood here once again , although if I say that he tells me it's coincidental so I don't say anything any more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Forgot about the moon tbh , which explains the dip in mood here once again , although if I say that he tells me it's coincidental so I don't say anything any more :)

No the moon definitely impacts on people, sure isn't that where Luna-tics comes from.

But its beautiful, hoping the clouds don't appear for tomorrow's blue moon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Give unknown fm a listen online gremlin, its a radio station from cork.

DJ Seph and Ted in the house :D I’d like to play a request for all the lovelies here tonight :D

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »
    DJ Seph and Ted in the house :D I’d like to play a request for all the lovelies here tonight :D

Here's Me and brother tedo in the mix :pac:

source.gif

But what does it play?. I need to get interested :rolleyes:

Evening all. Couchside.
    Went for a long run just after dark - through all the estates and roads with the best Halloween decorations, I love them. People have gone all out this year.

But what does it play?. I need to get interested :rolleyes:

dance music, underground sounds.

Brandy has not only numbed my palate but also my mind lol.

I hope it had nothing to do with me, but enjoy!

You are welcomed to a glass of mine.lol

I hope it had nothing to do with me, but enjoy!

Not at all but from a shepherds pie with turkey gravy from my housemates girlfriend. I'm traumatised by that slop and then having to lie about how good it was. I really am annoyed with myself.

dance music, underground sounds.

Not my thing I’m afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Nursing a hangover and tiredness after 10 cans of Guinness last night

Spent the day eating junk food, got absolutely bored out of mind so went for a stroll and bought a book and ate takeaway mc ds

Then came home, had a nap and went back out and bought vape liquid just to get of the house

Watched a bit of tv and now listening to Lex Fridman podcast and just sitting in my bedroom with headphones

• Advertisement

No the moon definitely impacts on people, sure isn't that where Luna-tics comes from.

But its beautiful, hoping the clouds don't appear for tomorrow's blue moon.

Oh I know it affects people, believe me .

It's to rain tomorrow night .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement