Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

votecounts wrote: »
    Couchside with a beer watching the cork game, going well so far:)
    Probably need something stronger at full time.
    Hope everyone is well

Snap. Dinner soon in the lap.

Watching it here also, unreal rain here atm , Glenroes starting to hit , might get a takeaway to finish off the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Watching it here also, unreal rain here atm , Glenroes starting to hit , might get a takeaway to finish off the weekend.

Do it ;) I won’t feel as guilty then :D spent the day with 2 little doggies and it’s the best medicine :)

On the drive home now and stopped off for a take away :)

Reading and cooking up a big chilli. About 30 more minutes to simmer, then it'll get a glob of sour cream, some grated cheese and we're in!!!
    Content.

And still relieved about news from the old country... so happy for my friends, and looking forward to a serious ****ing party when we get back there. Eventually. :D

What a match..Chinese chez Duvet definitely now, an absolute heart stopper.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Sardi a pit of tea sounds super appealing to me right now.
    Heading for the trundle shortly, yay etc haha

Delighted for the Cork footballers. That game really brightened up my weekend!

Please note, I am not from Cork, but absolutely love the place since childhood visits in the late 70's. That said Kerry GAA think they own it, so I'm a biased Dub.:D

Up the rebel county.......for now.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭votecounts

Couchside,
    The roar off me when cork got that goal will have neighbours thinking that im breaking the restrictions:D
    A beer never tasted nicer:)

Couchside,
    The roar off me when cork got that goal will have neighbours thinking that im breaking the restrictions:D

Enjoy it. I roared too. Mrs G wondered why. She doesn't get it. That game was a bright light in a dark sky.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Watching De Den with the minions. It's chaos,.kids are totally bewildered by it all.

Dustin of course is bang on with the put downs for Ray.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Enjoy it. I roared too. Mrs G wondered why. She doesn't get it. That game was a bright light in a dark sky.:)

Just.....hmmmph.

Couchside,

Same here , we're watching it in 2 rooms , f*ing and blinding and then huge roars, genuinely can't remember when we last got so excited over something. Wine poured, Chinese ordered, happy out.
    We've a heartbreak in the house since during the week, an almost 3 yr relationship finished and he can't eat or sleep since, he says he'll have some takeaway so hopefully it's a good sign, I'm gutted myself over it but I'm sure it's the start of many, I think the covid stone was lost anyway, love can be a right bitch.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Just.....hmmmph.

Is that a good hmmmph?

Is that a good hmmmph?

Theres only one thing worse than losing to the Dubs.....

Theres only one thing worse than losing to the Dubs.....

Ah Sardonicat.:eek: Do tell!

Ah Sardonicat.:eek: Do tell!

Gloating is not an attractive look,Gran. That's why we never do that here in The Kingdom.

Same here , we're watching it in 2 rooms , f*ing and blinding and then huge roars, genuinely can't remember when we last got so excited over something. Wine poured, Chinese ordered, happy out.
    We've a heartbreak in the house since during the week, an almost 3 yr relationship finished and he can't eat or sleep since, he says he'll have some takeaway so hopefully it's a good sign, I'm gutted myself over it but I'm sure it's the start of many, I think the covid stone was lost anyway, love can be a right bitch.

Isn't it strange that the start and end of love have the same 'symptoms'? Hope he feels better soon.

Gloating is not an attractive look,Gran. That's why we never do that here in The Kingdom.

Ah right Sardi. I've caught up now as I really didn't understand what you meant. You're pissed off that Cork beat Kerry. No problem. Also pissed off that I commented on it as a Dub. No problem there either. I wasn't gloating, just delighted for Cork.

Isn't it strange that the start and end of love have the same 'symptoms'? Hope he feels better soon.

Very true, he ate alright but he'd usually hoover up everything in sight, I've plated up the leftovers because he'll be up all night as he can't sleep either, I'm dying to know the story but I asked earlier if he had been speaking to her and got a very curt reply so I won't go there again lol. It's gas but no matter how old they are they're still your baby when stuff like this happens, problem is she's a fabulous girl and I got on great with her as did all the family so we can't say anything bad about her.

Couchside feeling like an absolute sloth , I did absolutely nothing this weekend , I'd say I did about 100 steps in total, 3 takeaways and I made the mistake of doing a huge Christmas shop in Tesco last week and we've started on it already including a tub of Roses, pringles etc. Very annoyed with myself now, haven't even got clothes ready for the week, I can't wait for weekends to come and then waste them.ffs.

Ah right Sardi. I've caught up now as I really didn't understand what you meant. You're pissed off that Cork beat Kerry. No problem. Also pissed off that I commented on it as a Dub. No problem there either. I wasn't gloating, just delighted for Cork.

Ah, I'm only having the craic. I dont follow the football anymore and I couldn't even tell you who was on the panel these days. Didn't even know Kerry were playing. I slept through the afternoon. It does always surprise me how pleased the whole country seems to be when we're beaten, though.

Don't mind me today. I'm back on Radiohead.

• Advertisement

Very true, he ate alright but he'd usually hoover up everything in sight, I've plated up the leftovers because he'll be up all night as he can't sleep either, I'm dying to know the story but I asked earlier if he had been speaking to her and got a very curt reply so I won't go there again lol. It's gas but no matter how old they are they're still your baby when stuff like this happens, problem is she's a fabulous girl and I got on great with her as did all the family so we can't say anything bad about her.

Couchside feeling like an absolute sloth , I did absolutely nothing this weekend , I'd say I did about 100 steps in total, 3 takeaways and I made the mistake of doing a huge Christmas shop in Tesco last week and we've started on it already including a tub of Roses, pringles etc. Very annoyed with myself now, haven't even got clothes ready for the week, I can't wait for weekends to come and then waste them.ffs.

I dont know how old he is Duvet, but I doubt you'll ever hear the story. Its rough and rougher during lockdown with nothing to except dwell on it. Poor lad, it's a hard aul station.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ahh heartbreak, awful. Poor lad.

Ah, I'm only having the craic. I dont follow the football anymore and I couldn't even tell you who was on the panel these days. Didn't even know Kerry were playing. I slept through the afternoon. It does always surprise me how pleased the whole country seems to be when we're beaten, though.

Don't mind me today. I'm back on Radiohead.

Nah I get ya Sardi, but these days its about how happy the whole country are if Kerry or Dublin get beaten. That's where we are now. Tonight I was so delighted for Cork though. The last real rivals left and it was so entertaining and as I said earlier, the game brought some life to my day. Not often we get that in our current circumstances. I'll play a tune for you. I love this one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ6nmpmQKZs&ab_channel=speleology1

Gothtastic Gran!

Hoooo mThe Mission I is stunned :D

Gothtastic Gran!
    Hoooo mThe Mission I is stunned :D

It has to be our age.:D

It has to be our age.:D

Nah, it's the superior musical taste

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭thomil

Speaking of music, got some comfort music playing over here. Today's been a rough one for me, it's an anniversary I'd rather not have, but what can you do?

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

*hugs* Thomil

• Advertisement

Ooh i'm back to my thread killing ways!.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement