Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The show is annoying me a bit, have to see it through though..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭thomil

Deskside having a worryingly pleasant Monday.

Might have something to do with with the care package my employer sent out. Writing this with a branded fleece blanket wrapped around my shoulders ;)

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭On the Beach

I think working from home should be renamed eating from home. I'm eating from home today.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭3d4life

Homeside, traumatised from a brief visit to the etiquette thread.

I mean ...

Sweet Devine ...

AH mods that are expected to patrol that deserve danger pay, unlimited counselling and early retirement on full pension

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am in the office. Working my cotton socks off (in case you are reading this Boss).

• Advertisement

Home and couchside after an unusually peasant Monday, work and walk done, I'd need to walk for a week to cancel out the ridiculous laziness and eating over the weekend but that's another story.
    I'm half anxious about tomorrow , today went much too smoothly so I'm due a very bad day, there was a lone magpie on my walk I saluted him but it could be a sign.☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Never heard of this before, so wish me luck.

532351.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,601 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

3d4life wrote: »
    Homeside, traumatised from a brief visit to the etiquette thread.

I mean ...

Sweet Devine ...

AH mods that are expected to patrol that deserve danger pay, unlimited counselling and early retirement on full pension
    Ah stop, it's hilarious!

I switched off over the weekend and trying to catch up here now.

Sympathies to Sardi and wildwillow on your losses.

Today was a miserable day so I'm sliding a glass over to smurf.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside after a somewhat calm Monday, also. Gonna go make myself a steak now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Leg I read that as I’m sliding over to Smurf ;)

I’m now couchside watching Heartbeat :)

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »

I’m now couchside watching Heartbeat :)

More dragging my gammy leg. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,077 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/1109/1176998-fsai-closures/

I actually felt sick reading this.
    Synopsis.. Sushi takeaway operating from a bedroom. Rodent found. Place closed.
    Jesus H Christ.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Careful Leggers, according to opinion on a thread in CA the word "gammy" is deeply offensive now. Who knew?

Been listening to Led Zep and dammit now I'm frisky. God blast this feckin virus and the bloody lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Jesus H Christ.

What are these little black chewy beans called? I dont see them listed on the menu.

Autosport wrote: »

I’m having it with Diet Pepsi, what do you want with yours?

smurfjed wrote: »
    I’m having it with Diet Pepsi, what do you want with yours?

That's perfect, cheers!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Dinner table, just finished my Zoom yoga class, AA group in 20 mins - just about to eat my dinner.

Very mild out today - and great news about the Covid vaccine.:)

Jesus H Christ.

Also the place here that all my gang go to after a night out ,I've warned them before about it and told them about the latest closure earlier, they find it extremely funny " fake news" , honestly I go to very few places because I presume loads are infested and I've a very weak stomach even thinking about it but they know it all of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Also the place here that all my gang go to after a night out ,I've warned them before about it and told them about the latest closure earlier, they find it extremely funny " fake news" , honestly I go to very few places because I presume loads are infested and I've a very weak stomach even thinking about it but they know it all of course.

I hear you DD. I am super fussy about where I order from. But youngsters don't care after a few drinks. Most of us don't care after a few drinks. Apart from the hygiene practices of some places, the quality of food can be frightening. I was famed for milling a Kebab and chips after a few pints and did it up to the age of 40.:eek: I usually milled it outside the takeaway in the dark. But the last time I had one, it was pissing rain so I jumped in a taxi and threw it on a plate at home. Have you ever seen a Donner Kebab opened up on a plate?:eek: There I was at the table with a knife and fork ready to tuck in. To the bin it went. It was scary.:eek: Looked like congealed puke. Never had one since. Some takeaways are meant to be eaten on a dark street after booze. There's a reason for that.

Jesus H Christ.

Years ago, there was a Chinese takeaway near a rehearsal study my band practiced in. I used to get a beef chow mein, one Tuesday I went to get one and it was shut down due to rats... I still say it was the best “beef” chow mein ever :pac:

Couchside.

• Advertisement

Years ago, there was a Chinese takeaway near a rehearsal study my band practiced in. I used to get a beef chow mein, one Tuesday I went to get one and it was shut down due to rats... I still say it was the best “beef” chow mein ever :pac:

Couchside.

By any chance, was it a metal band? :D

Funny ya say that PM! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭thomil

Don't be silly. It was a barbershop quartet :P

Just letting the day end on a chilled out note with a tea and some tunes...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Called 'Chow Mein Rodents'.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

In order of preference this evening.:D

Ms G going to bed.

Has the Cat had a piss and been fed and let back in?

Is the right bin out for tomorrow?

I didn't make the list.:rolleyes: I rarely do.:D

Just for PM :

https://www.fsai.ie/news_centre/press_releases/october_enforcements_09112020.html

Some of the reasons for the Closure Orders in October include: Unregistered online sushi takeaways operating from a bedroom of a house where there were breaches of food legislation and food safety controls and record keeping; food being produced, processed and distributed in an unsatisfactory and unclean environment; absence of safe practice when handling raw fish and cooked rice; a live rodent being observed running across a rear wall; evidence of extensive rodent activity throughout food preparation and storage areas; rodent droppings and gnawed foodstuffs all posing a serious risk of contamination to food and consumers.

:eek:

Ah stop, it's hilarious!....

Leggy, I read three posts on that thread, the smell of the thread was still under my nose after a 2 hours walk :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I've yet to try sushi, after that it could be a while before I try it!.

Now I want a takeaway though :o

Think I'll settle for toast!

• Advertisement

I've yet to try sushi
    How come? Sushi is divine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement