Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,097 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Having spent quite a while In hotels, I now have a ROKU device for Netflix, Apple TV+, free YouTube and streaming from IPTV and Amazon Prime.

I also have a Pi4 computer set up for streaming non-live stuff and web browsing.

I would consider Amazon Prime and AppleTV to be crap and certainly not worth paying for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

@Duvet, CDs are cool. That what I listen to in the car too, they sound so much better than most MP3 streaming services. Tidal, being an exception to that rule. There’s so much overly processed crap out there I get why you would feel that way!

@Grem, I’ll have to suss that song out! I heard the one I posted in rock club in Berlin and was blown away! Wouldn’t be my go-to tunes, but a tune I enjoy nice and loud and on repeat :D

smurfjed wrote: »
    Having spent quite a while In hotels, I now have a ROKU device for Netflix, Apple TV+, free YouTube and streaming from IPTV and Amazon Prime.

I also have a Pi4 computer set up for streaming non-live stuff and web browsing.

I would consider Amazon Prime and AppleTV to be crap and certainly not worth paying for.

Buuuut ya get Prime with Prime Delivery! Would agree with AppleTV (and I’m an Apple Tart when it comes to them), but apart from the Morning Show and Tehran, it’s crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Ah you can’t beat a bit of Foster and Allen :D Isn’t that right Duvet ;):D

Morning all :) Raining here :(

Might play some tunes now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SnowyMay

Very sorry for your loss Willow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

@Grem, I’ll have to suss that song out! I heard the one I posted in rock club in Berlin and was blown away! Wouldn’t be my go-to tunes, but a tune I enjoy nice and loud and on repeat :D

You ever try a dj called Rezz?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭votecounts

Morning all,
    Kitchenside with a full fry and a cup of coffee.
    Lazy day ahead planned.
    Have a good day one and all:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Just got a phone call with bad news. My cousin was killed in an RTA yesterday. Hadn't seen him in many years and as he was a few years younger than I in my mind he was still my baby cousin. I do know with certainty that he was, from the day he arrived in this world, a lovely, lovely fella. He leaves behind a wife and young children. Truly awful for them and his sibs who I can't go and support now. Just had to tell Grumpy. All he could do was shake his head.

R

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oh Sardi I'm so sorry *massive hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Just got a phone call with bad news. My cousin was killed in an RTA yesterday. Hadn't seen him in many years and as he was a few years younger than I in my mind he was still my baby cousin. I do know with certainty that he was, from the day he arrived in this world, a lovely, lovely fella. He leaves behind a wife and young children. Truly awful for them and his sibs who I can't go and support now. Just had to tell Grumpy. All he could do was shake his head.

R

Oh that's absolutely awful. I think rta's are the worst as they are so sudden.

Massive hugs, take a personal day for yourself, order takeaway and leave the chores. Xxxx

• Advertisement

Oh Sardi I'm so sorry *massive hugs*

Thanks, Grem. I feel a bit of a fraud accepting your kind condolences. I barely saw the guy in the last 20 years outside family funerals. I just feel so awful for his close family. I have a large extended family on that side and when all our mothers and aunts were still alive we had strong links between the households. Its more of a sense that one if 'us' is gone, and far too soon at that. You couldn't find a single person with a bad word to say about this guy and it just feels so utterly fuking unfair on him, his wife and little ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Sardonicat, that's terrible news. Sudden death is so hard to accept, ans an accident is horrible.

Difficult not to be able to attend the funeral.
    Be kind to yourself while you take it in.

Sorry for your loss Sardi and Willow xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 21,888 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sardonicat and Wild Willow , sorry for your losses .

In other news , car was in for it's yearly check up ,three visuals , so not bad at all , am happy enough with that tbh .

Sitting outside with a coffee and a smoke , it's actually very mild here today .

Couchside thinking this is one miserable, boring day. Just watched last night's Gogglebox, at least that was funny, serious cabin fever setting in here, there's loads I could be doing but can't be arsed.

I'll be heading to bed soon. Last night's sleeplessness has caught up with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I've done Rocky 3 and Red Heat. Now on Godzilla.

Couch side with Metallica annoying the neighbours :D Feeling jacked too after the poxy sleep last night...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,097 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Found the perfect solution to the tea situation around here, now the big question is Lyons or Barry’s ?

532113.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Barry's of course

Silly question :D :P

Today is a glorious day!! The Donald is no longer President!! :D

Car side with my fancy pants Starbucks coffee. Highlight of my week now is my Supervalue trip and one of them after. Only up a few hours. I had to move to the attic this morning thanks to banging and drilling from the neighbouring.

Today is a glorious day!! The Donald is no longer President!! :D

Couchside. I interrupted Queen's Gambit for one last gorge of the news :o Wasn't having the best week ever either but THIS ^^^ has cheered me right up. Fingers crossed there isn't unnecessary unrest... Everyone stateside still v worried and uneasy until he's properly gone gone...

Could 2020 finally be coming to and end? Or will she go out with a sting in the tail...

Condolences to those who have lost loved ones this week. Proximity or distance - never easy.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Favourite chair, watching the live news coverage of Joe Biden winning the US Presidency, after finally taking Pennsylvania.

Oh Happy Days!! :):D

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Favourite chair, watching the live news coverage of Joe Biden winning the US Presidency, after finally taking Pennsylvania.

Oh Happy Days!! :):D

Same here JK , he s to speak at 8 pm I think :)

Just after dinner here , made a big pot of stew , with extra veg as I love veg , stuffed now .

ETA, not 8 pm our time I don't think, sorry .

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭3d4life

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Same here JK , he s to speak at 8 pm I think :)

Just after dinner here , made a big pot of stew , with extra veg as I love veg , stuffed now .

Crescendo of plates arriving at Mo4

532126.jpg

Listening to Robert Fisk's Desert Island Discs from 2006 ( at least I am, dont know that Mr Cat is )

Couchside after going for a lovely 4K forest walk and a visit to a old ruin church :) Nothing like listening to the sounds of the birds and the gurgling of a river :) Happy Auto recharged her batteries :)

Now what to have for dinner :)

Waking up to good news is nice though it'll be a tense time for the states for the next two months

Trundle time soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SnowyMay

Ah, jeez Sardonicat. Sorry for your loss too! Even if you weren’t close, it sucks because you are sad about other people in your family being sad!!

Ahhhhh. These days. This year!!! Mam. Can I have a stew vegetable please? I love vegetables as well - it’s about the only redeeming thing about me. :)

(Although, in saying that, I would lick a cow whilst passing by it!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Listening to the Dublin v Westmeath game on the new version of the wireless.:D Having a beer and desperately trying to feel the vibe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement