Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Sorry for your loss Jupiter x

Bedside, tired. One minion went back to school today. Day 1 went well, a novelty. Can't wait for anarchy to set in by Thursday as eldest minion still home.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Looking at the possibility of joining....
    The Church of Adonitology

I can guess what their favourite hymn is :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Sorry for your loss Jupiter x

Bedside, tired. One minion went back to school today. Day 1 went well, a novelty. Can't wait for anarchy to set in by Thursday as eldest minion still home.

I was never that into school as a kid but i'd be roaring to go back i think!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Ah, thank you all so much for your kind words of sympathy. :):o

My partner’s mother was 92, just shy of 93 years of age. She really lived a very full and long life - grandmother to 16 grandchildren, great-grandmother to seven. She saw me as a son in law and was delighted with the painting I created for her three years ago.

This was a pretty long time coming, she had been getting more frail and her health deteriorated in the past couple of years. She is now at one with my OH’s dear father, who passed away in 2007.

A life well lived.

So yesterday was not productive!!!!!

No boards today. College work today. I will stick to this plan.
    :)

• Advertisement

bubblypop wrote: »
    So yesterday was not productive!!!!!

No boards today. College work today. I will stick to this plan.

*puts on hat and moustache*
    Oh hello Bubble new person, welcome to boardss :p

It's a tough time to lose anyone - condolences to JK and partner.

I'm desk side laughing at the news story of the woman who let a traffic chase of 8 squad cars and a heli around the M50 and back last night. I guess lockdown boredom finally got to her :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

I can guess what their favourite hymn is :pac:

I'm actually a minister in the "Church of the Latter Day Dude" .....if anyone feels like getting married ..im available for a minimal fee ...or a bucket of Guinness

• Registered Users Posts: 21,887 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

In from out , it's another gorgeous day , really makes such a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    In from out , it's another gorgeous day , really makes such a difference.

Make the most of it Mam :)

Damp, overcast 6 degrees ( but feels like 2 ) here :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside, getting a few bits and pieces sorted that I’d long fingered because of other priorities.

Technically on compassionate leave this week, but being a little busy helps me not to dwell on the loss of my mam in law. Thanks again for all your kind words of sympathy. :)

Trundle time, I'm feckin frozen..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all :) Beautiful day spent outside but the evenings are still rather cold. Hope you are getting to see some of the sunshine :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,097 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Tripped to coffeeshop. My workstation away from work. :cool:

Now on 'Talking Pictures' TV channel

'The Spy Who Came In from The Cold'

Some of this was shot in Dublin ( Smithfield Market was set up as Checkpoint Charlie, Berlin )

Cyril Cusack appears as 'Control'

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,097 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

0lddog wrote: »
    'The Spy Who Came In from The Cold' Some of this was shot in Dublin ( Smithfield Market was set up as Checkpoint Charlie, Berlin )
    During "Troubles?" After coffeeshop. To market. Refrig is bare.

Fathom wrote: »
    During "Troubles?"

After coffeeshop. To market. Refrig is bare.

Nah checkpoint charlie was the cold war, it was in berlin between east and west iirc

Lots of false impressions in America. About Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. Some folks still think there's big problems today.

Fathom wrote: »
    Lots of false impressions in America. About Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. Some folks still think there's big problems today.

Goes both ways, i, personally, must plead woeful ignorance on my knowledge of the states

Goes both ways, i, personally, must plead woeful ignorance on my knowledge of the states
    Lucky you. Trying for forget last 4 Trump years. :pac: :mad: Soon to pad to burger fast food. Then market.

• Advertisement

I'm stuck in the office, no burger for me, i will enjoy vicariously ;)

Doubles burger order. Includes Grem. Off I go. Laters.

Bill Bryson taught me all I (dont) know about the history of The States :D

@Fathom

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059749/

Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4QGhyZXvbo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Now on 'Talking Pictures' TV channel

'The Spy Who Came In from The Cold'

Some of this was shot in Dublin ( Smithfield Market was set up as Checkpoint Charlie, Berlin )

Cyril Cusack appears as 'Control'

My Dad was an extra in the Smithfield scenes. I can still see him in it to this day. Fact!

Grandeeod wrote: »
    My Dad was an extra in the Smithfield scenes. I can still see him in it to this day. Fact!

Lol!

Shooting done, a previous generation of family 'dog bought some of the set and used it as offices :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Lol!

Shooting done, a previous generation of family 'dog bought some of the set and used it as offices :D

My Dad even made an appearance in the "Siege of Sidney Street in 1960! No Equity back then.:D If you were hanging around, you got offered a few shillings, a costume and off you went.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

****ty news, Jupiter. How is the OH coping?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,095 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Lucky you. Trying for forget last 4 Trump years.
    So far its hard to tell If the latest incumbent is any better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,095 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Breakfast time, looking out over the swimming pool and eating smoked salmon.

Downside is that my school starts at 5pm until 1130, and Irish Village takes last orders at 1200 :(

• Advertisement

Ooh nasty, a tease even Smurf.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement