Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Married at first sight Australia.:rolleyes: Mrs G bet into it with wine. Last ever episode apparently. I really don't care.:D I'm at the tech desk experimenting with a few beers. (that's experimenting with 4K video footage. I don't need to experiment with the beers.):D

That sounds like a good evening G :D

[edit] the beers and tech bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

A nice relaxing night in front of the fire, watched a bit of the Late Late, ate nice food and a few beevies to wash it down, bed time shortly, hope all are well in Boards land, was off it for a while due to wi-fi problems

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

For those with BBC4 who like noir and stuff. Ok calling MO4 really

Man in Room 301
    9pm, BBC Four
    This dark Finnish thriller centres on a devastating family tragedy: in 2009, while the Kurtti family are holidaying in their summer cabin, their two-year-old son Tommi is killed by a gunshot. 12 years later, the family return to the scene of the crime for their summer break and grandfather Risto Kurtti (Antti Virmavirta) receives a mysterious, threatening letter that reawakens suspicions surrounding Tommi’s death. Meanwhile, local boy Elias Leppo begins to take an interest in the family, unnerving dad Mikko (Andrei Alén). Ammar Kalia

Woke at 4am after being shot in the stomach ( in my dream) I knew it was coming and tried to fight/run away, but still got shot :(
    Could not relax properly after it, no more sleep!!

Lovely morning out there, long walk today

Thinking of someone from a few years back.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

bubblypop wrote: »
    Woke at 4am after being shot in the stomach ( in my dream) I knew it was coming and tried to fight/run away, but still got shot :(

Those dreams can really stick with you the day after, hope you shake it quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Just did yet another PCR test, off to Dubai on Monday, days off nearly over :(

smurfjed wrote: »
    Just did yet another PCR test, off to Dubai on Monday, days off nearly over :(

Ah hell that really went way too fast Smurfjed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Ah hell that really went way too fast Smurfjed :(

+1

Ask for a recount on grounds of suspected calender tampering :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,832 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Just back from a childless wander around....sun is out so naturally the smell of barbies being fired up.....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Two “hung over” days didn’t really help :):) but the root cause of these hang overs made them worthwhile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Knee that it was going to kick off in Dublin today, so was watching all afternoon.... think I'd happily join the Gardai today to swing a baton and crack some skangers
    Other than that.. watching Wales v England and enjoying...

bubblypop wrote: »

:( How are you feeling now? Like Grem said those dreams can linger. I've had them too. I've been shot at and stabbed and also loads of dreams where I've tried to escape from such things happening to me.

I am bedside with cake and coffee.

Knee that it was going to kick off in Dublin today, so was watching all afternoon.... think I'd happily join the Gardai today to swing a baton and crack some skangers
    Other than that.. watching Wales v England and enjoying...

Very nice tipple you have there.

About to trundle for work..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Hens had freshly cut grass to peck around, dust baths will soon follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

It was a cracking out there today. Got a great walk in the woods and followed that with some decent scran.
    Lockdown is a lot easier when the weather is like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Very nice tipple you have there.

About to trundle for work..

Yep..I'm a better judge of whiskey than women :D:D

Time to get ready for work.....I
    No weird dreams tonight! :)

It was a cracking out there today. Got a great walk in the woods and followed that with some decent scran.
    Lockdown is a lot easier when the weather is like this.

Kids are going back to school ...it's our September in March :D

Kids are going back to school ...it's our September in March :D

It will be like independence day here. Cant wait for it. Will be so good for kids and paremental health.

• Advertisement

It will be like independence day here. Cant wait for it. Will be so good for kids and paremental health.

We've been counting down the sleeps.

I actually don't mind the lockdowns to be honest, but the last couple of weeks have been the hardest.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,077 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I actually don't mind the lockdowns to be honest, but the last couple of weeks have been the hardest.
    Mine isn't back until after Easter.
    I don't know how we will manage until then.
    Online is a disaster for him.

To thine own self be true

The buses will be busier again. It'll be kinda nice to see a bit of life but a bit worrisome too.

Mine isn't back until after Easter.
    I don't know how we will manage until then.
    Online is a disaster for him.

I really feel for parents of teenagers and I feel for teenagers themselves.

I would have been happy enough if they only returned for a couple of days a week. They'll catch up on the academic stuff but they need their pals and to be away from their parents for a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,077 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I really feel for parents of teenagers and I feel for teenagers themselves.

I would have been happy enough if they only returned for a couple of days a week. They'll catch up on the academic stuff but they need their pals and to be away from their parents for a few hours.

I can't blame him, what teenager is self motivated to manage their own school work load?
    He says himself he wants to go back.

To thine own self be true

Lockdown is bearable when the weather is ok. But not in a cold wet winter. Roll on spring and the vaccines.
    Be great to get our lives back.

Hoping my health improves too, can't help but think my issues are exacerbated by the general stress hanging over us..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

The buses will be busier again. It'll be kinda nice to see a bit of life but a bit worrisome too.

At least there's light at the end of the tunnel. This will end and as long as there aren't too many morons to ruin it for everyone it shouldn't be too much more of a ****show.

Aye let's hope that sort of behaviour doesn't surge with better weather etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Horizontal couchside, chilled with the telly on. Had a lovely meet up and walk in the park with a friend this afternoon. Was great to catch up as we hadn’t met in nearly a year. :)

OH was in to see his very elderly mother, now in her final days, in hospital. She was comfortable, fully conscious but is very weak and fatigued. It was really good that he was able to visit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement