Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

G you were so close!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭thomil

I've taken to avoiding the news like the (metaphorical) plague. I get a news briefing from my Echo every morning and that's usually enough to keep me away from the news for most of the day.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

G you were so close!

I sure was Grem! But I can escape to Aliens and old folks in the form of Cocoon - The Return, along with a chicken sandwich and a glass of bainne. Only happy tabs will be opened.:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Because my day starts and ends at a different kind of time to a lot of you i don't have any set time to catch the news, think it's more absorbed during the course of my day then i only look at the stuff i want to in any detail..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Inclined to RNZ.co.nz and France24 myself. Propaganda has borked local media.

T'was a grand day out :)

• Advertisement

Because my day starts and ends at a different kind of time to a lot of you i don't have any set time to catch the news, think it's more absorbed during the course of my day then i only look at the stuff i want to in any detail..

I can't even bring myself to watch Ireland AM anymore, even in passing. If it's not preachy BS or bad news and bad weather, it's eejits discussing make-up and fashion. Where the fcuk would you be going these days with all that garb? Another black out news/TV day tomorrow and back to nature and avoiding bobble hat wearing **** who want to stop and chat with a takeaway coffee cup in their hands.:D

The advantages of not having a telly. I would have that stuff on without a doubt if i had one despite the fact it irritates the sh1te outta me..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,132 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The advantages of not having a telly. I would have that stuff on without a doubt if i had one despite the fact it irritates the sh1te outta me..

Do you not have a TV, Grem?
    Fair play to you!

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Horizontal couchside, watching a Bowie concert on the TV with the OH.

Work tomorrow. Definitely a feeling that Spring is here the past few days. :)

Good morning everyone!
    Had a fantastic sleep, I plan a productive day :)

• Advertisement

Do you not have a TV, Grem?
    Fair play to you!

No big deal, don't have kids to entertain and netflix is fine on laptop..

Foggy morning, bones are aching..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,095 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Hate to leave this guy and the wife’s cooking.

545429.jpeg

545430.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

That reads as had to leave the mutt AND the wife's cooking :)

Lovely day today... godson here, so off for a good long walk I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Just Her cooking??? Wonder what "the wife" has to say about that remark.

My walk ...cold but lovely

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Sitting on a bench in the Phoenix Park on this chilly but very sunny March afternoon. On a 2 hour walk to clear the head.

We got word at lunchtime that my OH's mother, who had been very ill the past month, passed away peacefully in hospital. May she Rest in Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Sitting on a bench in the Phoenix Park on this chilly but very sunny March afternoon. On a 2 hour walk to clear the head.

We got word at lunchtime that my OH's mother, who had been very ill the past month, passed away peacefully in hospital. May she Rest in Peace.

Sorry to hear that.

Look after yourself and your OH xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 10,095 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Oops that’s me in trouble :):):)

In this era of technology, I can keep in touch with the wife, just can’t get a hug, a shag or her cooking :)

Now please excuse me as I have a discussion with Arthur’s finest.

545484.jpeg

Oh Jupiter, RIP
    Sorry for your loss

smurfjed wrote: »
    Oops that’s me in trouble :):):)

In this era of technology, I can keep in touch with the wife, just can’t get a hug, a shag or her cooking :)

Now please excuse me as I have a discussion with Arthur’s finest.

545484.jpeg

I hope you fly planes straighter than that pic.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,887 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sorry for your loss Jupiterkid.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,132 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Sorry to hear about your mother in law, Jupiter.
    I hope the lady passed away peacefully.
    Take some time off work if you can xx

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Sorry to hear the news of your Mother in Law, Jupiter. Sympathy and hugs to yourself and Mr. Kid.

Sorry for you and your partners loss JK and at the very very least she passed away peacefully. I've no doubt you will be there for him.

A hike through the forest again today. I was out for hours. Cracking weather. Peace and quiet. Never met another soul. To just sit and bask in the sounds of streams and birds was wonderful. The outdoor lunch was left over chicken legs/thighs from yesterdays dinner. An apt location to eat like a savage.:D Here's a few snaps.

GOPR0049.jpg

GOPR0051.jpg

GOPR0052.jpg

GOPR0056.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Sorry for your loss JK.

My head hurts, everything is urgent, everything is a priority and just as I thought I had carved out some time for working on an urgent task, something more urgent has stolen it! Just as well it was a bright sunny day or my mood would be through the floor.
    Have a good evening folks. Final episode of Married at first Sight, hoping for comeuppances and fireworks!

JK, condolences to you and Mr. JK for your loss..

Late work trundle, public transportation letting me down today, oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Sorry for you and your partners loss JK xxxx

The wireless on, deskside, debating tea or coffee.. It's up to ninety here lads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭votecounts

Bedside, scrolling through emails.
    Jupiter,sorry for you and your OHs Loss, at least she died peacefully, I know that's very little comfort
    Hope evryone is ok
    Take care all:)

• Advertisement

Looking at the possibility of joining....
    The Church of Adonitology

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement