Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,115 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I had a great chat with Raj in London. Really wish I was back there in better times. He's a great cook too! The set up is struggling according to him and one team member died due to Covid last year. I may have mentioned it here, and he was a sound bloke. This dose can be fatal. For my short time there I made so many friends and spent just under two months living and loving work and life. So here we are. Its heading towards my visit back home last year and then BANG! I eventually had to stay. I've big plans once the crap passes. I guess we all have. The oul chin is up as always but it's hard at the best of times. So many happy memories can be overshadowed by sad ones. A pity. Sorry for the melancholy approach tonight, but simply reminded of nearly a year ago. Real life.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Couchside, horizontal, very tired as I got very poor sleep last night.

Covid lockdown aside, it looks like my OH and I will have to postpone celebrating our 20th anniversary for another reason - he got some pretty bad news from his eldest sister on the phone earlier. Their mother (I pretty much regard her as my mum-in-law now), who has been in hospital with gall bladder issues and a chest infection since the middle of January, took a very bad turn and the prognosis is not looking good.

Been comforting my partner who is naturally very upset at this news. His mum is 92 and has always been a stoic and a trooper, the type of lady that rarely complains, who has a real sense of style and elegance. Matriarch of the family, mother to six children - all in their 50s and 60s now, grandmother to 17 grandchildren and great-grandmother to five great-grandchildren.

I’ve lit a candle and will say a few prayers for her later.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,860 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Grandeeod and Jupiterkid, both your posts touch the heart and show how fragile life can be and how it can change in the blink of an eye , as we all sadly know too well . Hugs to you both .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,115 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Grandeeod and Jupiterkid, both your posts touch the heart and show how fragile life can be and how it can change in the blink of an eye , as we all sadly know too well . Hugs to you both .

Thanks Mam. While I love to be positive and I am, it's really important sometimes to just look back at how it was and how it is now. Really crazy to see how things have changed for us. While I enjoyed the chat with Raj, who is still in the apartment we lived in, laughed it, cooked in and shared, he had nowhere to run to when this whole thing broke out. One has died and the rest fled. He's still there picking up work when he can and I wish I was as brave as him but I didn't have to be.:( I chickened out. Well that's how I feel anyway, But my girls come first.

Grandeeod you didn't chicken out , not a bit .
    Your girls , your main priority and who you do everything in your life for , coming home to be with them in the midst of a crisis we didn't know much about except the fact it could be life threatening is not chickening out imo . It's love for your family .

• Advertisement

Didn't mean to stop the page , sorry folks !
    Very calm night here , very still , sleep well those of you who do sleep :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Nite Mam! Bedside, hoping for a good night sleep.
    Last week of slacking off in the morning here.

Youngest minion back to school on Monday but her sister gets a reprieve till the 15th.
    So need to be up and ready for bus at 8.30am
    Been having mini lyins and going into work for 10 the past few weeks. Need to cop on cos I'm there till 6 when I do that!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It's so calm and still tonight, there's no weather to hear..

Oh Jupiter, sorry to hear about your mam in law, it's such a terrible time for people to be sick, not the same supports around anymore, not the same visitors etc

My friends father is in hospital and another friend of a friend, both very recently diagnosed with cancer, and too late for both, no visitors is devastating.
    Life can be so hard :(

I'm lucky
    Coffee with the doggo, then college for the day

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Netflix, then a walk, then netflix, then a walk then a bath, then netflix. I think I like this plan..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

It's payday. Another months work done. Another pay packet. Another lack of ways to spend. Another yawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Beautiful sunny morning and myself doggie had a lovely long walk :) Hope everyone is having a great day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭thomil

Tableside, just finished lunch.

It's really looking like a nice day outside. Pity I have to work but hey, it pays the bills :)

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

G'Day,

Its a grand day out if only there wasnt such a cold breeze.

Hope all dogs are sweet smelling :D and behaving today :P

YT about Labrador enjoying snow in Moscow ( dont mind the title :) )

( Kind of a clunky channel but I think she deserves great credit for making it :) )

edit : interestingly, eating in shopping centres is no longer prohibited there ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=657ds4ZEYiU )

In the car , ZZ Top Gimme All Your Lovin on the radio , volume turned up.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Sitting here beside a log fire in my fire pit with the mutt. Others to join but we are enjoying the peace and quiet right now.

Another of life’s little pleasures that I believe is about to be banned in ireland.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

In bed, trying to catch up on really poor sleep over the past couple of days.

Thanks guys for your congratulations on our 20th anniversary - unfortunately the buzz was wiped out by my partner’s sister’s phone call yesterday evening. Thanks also for your concern for my OH and I after we learned that his very elderly mother in hospital is now in her final days.

Knocked off work at 2.30pm after two zoom lectures. I feel exhausted. Am thinking of taking a few days off in early March as this lockdown workload is simply not sustainable.

smurfjed wrote: »
    Sitting here beside a log fire in my fire pit with the mutt. Others to join but we are enjoying the peace and quiet right now.

Another of life’s little pleasures that I believe is about to be banned in ireland.

We already have restrictions in place regarding household visits so there isn't anything new being "banned".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

We already have restrictions in place regarding household visits so there isn't anything new being "banned".

Log fires :)

JupiterKid wrote: »
    In bed, trying to catch up on really poor sleep over the past couple of days.

Thanks guys for your congratulations on our 20th anniversary - unfortunately the buzz was wiped out by my partner’s sister’s phone call yesterday evening. Thanks also for your concern for my OH and I after we learned that his very elderly mother in hospital is now in her final days.

Knocked off work at 2.30pm after two zoom lectures. I feel exhausted. Am thinking of taking a few days off in early March as this lockdown workload is simply not sustainable.

Happy news and sad news for you both Jupiter.
    Congratulations on 20 years of being together and I hope your mam in law's final days are peaceful.

I am couchside :)

• Advertisement

Log fires :)

Ah. The sentiment of my post remains though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,050 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Just arrived at coffeehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

NCT-side. Fingers crossed for the Batmobile :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,050 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

NCT-side. Fingers crossed for the Batmobile :D
    I'm batty. Does that count? :cool: On call at work. So I can dance in place. Or walk in circles. They will find me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Fathom wrote: »
    I'm batty. Does that count? :cool:

It does :pac: :D

Cool to be counted IamMetaldave.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

... I can dance in place. Or walk in circles. They will find me.

Sounds like what a Penguin might do :P

0lddog wrote: »
    Sounds like what a Penguin might do :P
    Yo Olddog. Waves. Does Penguin dance. :pac: :D

I'm batty. Does that count? :cool:

On call at work. So I can dance in place. Or walk in circles. They will find me.

Meet your sister :D

• Advertisement

Meet your sister :D
    Yo Diamonds. Happy Days! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement