Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms to Reopen 2021???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Poor form imo

I don't know. I know my own gym was VERY close to not opening again after the last lockdown. This one might very well kill it totally. Personally I'd rather give a tennar a month just to help out.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Karlos77

I don't know. I know my own gym was VERY close to not opening again after the last lockdown. This one might very well kill it totally. Personally I'd rather give a tennar a month just to help out.

I agree i dont mind paying a tenner to keep it going...i just think they might have communicated it better as in your tenner will help us from closing completly etc

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Tenner a month the keep the show on the road for when lockdown ends isn’t too bad really, if the gym closes is there another option as good nearby ?

I don't think that's the way to look at it. The more gyms that stay open the better. I'd rather see none close. Plus more gyms = more competition = cheaper in the long run.

I'd rather give a measly tennar.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JimmyCorkhill

Tenner a month the keep the show on the road for when lockdown ends isn’t too bad really, if the gym closes is there another option as good nearby ?

I'd rather they ask or communicate it better tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭billyhead

Are gyms not getting business supports from the Government during the lockdown and all staff would be on the PUP. How much support does the owners get from the Gov?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    There’s loads of Olympic plates on done deal. One guy in Fermanagh and one in Carlow make plates so you can have as many as you want. They’re a lot cheaper than you’ll buy anywhere else too

Need 4*45 cm diameter 10 kg plates. I'll contact seller but they look like will be smaller so no use. Thanks for heads up though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,740 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

seefin wrote: »
    Need 4*45 cm diameter 10 kg plates. I'll contact seller but they look like will be smaller so no use. Thanks for heads up though

All I know is that the 20kg plates are 47cm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Going on figures we will be lucky to be allowed to get hard in unison from the beginning of February. A lot of soft bodies by Summer 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 24,562 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Neeson wrote: »
    Going on figures we will be lucky to be allowed to get hard in unison from the beginning of February.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3IxiXW9Bh9dKYt5V4kMOGOq8g-AEbxnHDKOqkNU6wx02M6H4Z&s

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Going on figures we will be lucky to be allowed to get hard in unison from the beginning of February. A lot of soft bodies by Summer 2021

you should get onto COH from here, heard he is getting a few lads hard on zoom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

Talking to a guy I know yesterday who runs a gym told me they’re preparing to stay closed til March! That’s not my gym but i suspect they probably all think along the same lines. Don’t think i’ll hack the 5kg dumbells in the boxroom til then!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

dashoonage wrote: »
    you should get onto COH from here, heard he is getting a few lads hard on zoom.

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

March... oh for FFS. All because the clowns in the public wanted to climb all over each other and cram themselves into houses over the crappy christmas... it's just bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭obi604

March... oh for FFS. All because the clowns in the public wanted to climb all over each other and cram themselves into houses over the crappy christmas... it's just bull****.

Clowns is right. Ar5eholes that can’t just follow simple rules. I know this is far fetched and it was different times and outlooks, but I recently watched the famine programme on RTÉ. that was pure and utter hard times, fecked out of your gaff, no grub, working 12 hour days of back breaking labour whilst hungry, living in a ditch, off an a boat to somewhere etc.

Now that is proper hardship. All we are asked to do is stay in our warm homes with internet, tv, get food as needed and we can’t even do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

This piece of metal will keep me out of the looney bin for a while, its the 2.2mtr one which was bigger than I wanted but probably the best for using as a landmine. its 38kg by itsself and I got 60KG of weights for it and have bands so more than enough for any upper body stuff. The landmine press works ok and comfortable for rowing.

I think I will be able to stay more disciplined this time as its more similar to the gym, just doing the bands before didnt motivate me so interest fizzled and the weather didnt help as I was trying to do them in the park

538244.JPG

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭obi604

silverharp wrote: »
    This piece of metal will keep me out of the looney bin for a while, its the 2.2mtr one which was bigger than I wanted but probably the best for using as a landmine. its 38kg by itsself and I got 60KG of weights for it and have bands so more than enough for any upper body stuff. The landmine press works ok and comfortable for rowing.

I think I will be able to stay more disciplined this time as its more similar to the gym, just doing the bands before didnt motivate me so interest fizzled and the weather didnt help as I was trying to do them in the park

538244.JPG

How much did these cost you?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

obi604 wrote: »

I think the bar was 180Euro as I picked it up and saved delivery, the delivery charge would have been 40 Euro.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭Hoboo

I was on to a guy in offaly yesterday who makes them, he's on donedeal. Wanted 180 plus 100 to ship to Dublin.

Pass.

Mirafit in the UK have them for half that, just won't deliver to Ireland.

Clowns is right. Ar5eholes that can’t just follow simple rules.......

Lots of folk flocked to restaurants as they were allowed...... Lots of restaurants were of course more interested in getting as full a till as possible rather than operating strictly to the guidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,690 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Things won't settle down until March but then your straight into Paddy's weekend and after been in lockdown for near 3 months at that stage everyone will be itching to go a bit nuts, let's off some steam understandably. And then your right back into an Xmas type scenario where everyone is mixing like crazy.

.. Gonna be April before the gyms reopen I reckon

• Advertisement

Hoboo wrote: »
    I was on to a guy in offaly yesterday who makes them, he's on donedeal. Wanted 180 plus 100 to ship to Dublin.

Pass.

The weight and size of the bar dictates the cost of delivery. I wouldn't expect delivery in Ireland for a piece of kit that size to be less than €65/70.

Once the nursing homes, over 65/70s, frontline health workers and immuno compromised are vaccinated we are into a much different situation :)
    That accepted gyms might well be closed for months.... I'm back running from this week :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

If we have any kind of relaxation for St Patrick's Day then seriously, we will have learned nothing from the month of December.
    Hoboo wrote: »

Pass.

If it was a 2m trap bar, or close to it, then I also don't think 280 (delivered) is that unreasonable for something that's welded in Ireland to be honest.

On UK delivery to Ireland... Getting more complicated alright...

Strength Shop is still selling to Ireland and it's still free shipping above a certain spend, but if you notice their .ie domain it now now longer includes VAT. Because they know outgoing stuff to Ireland will get clobbered now. I have something on the way from them and I'm fully expecting to be rung either by customs or asked by DPD for money due when it's being delivered.

If we have any kind of relaxation for St Patrick's Day then seriously, we will have learned nothing from the month of December. Sorry, but surely even our political class must be aware that they might squeak by with not being blamed for opening up too son in December... But if the same things happens again...

If it was a 2m trap bar, or close to it, then I also don't think 280 (delivered) is that unreasonable for something that's welded in Ireland to be honest.

On UK delivery to Ireland... Getting more complicated alright...

Strength Shop is still selling to Ireland and it's still free shipping above a certain spend, but if you notice their .ie domain it now now longer includes VAT. I have something on the way from them and I'm fully expecting to be rung either by customs or asked by DPD for money due when it's being delivered.

I hadn't even gone into delivery from UK :pac:
    But delivery of a piece of kit that weight and size will cost a chunk in Ireland because it's not standard courier delivery and you're looking at something that would typically deliver pallets of goods.

They said the plan is to vaccinate 17500 health workers over the coming weeks so that’s January written off before they even start the nursing homes which is next in the list

That seems to be different to every thing I've heard and read about Ireland's vaccination programme...whats your source?........ This is the first thing google threw at me now.... https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thejournal.ie/covid-19-vaccine-rollout-in-nursing-homes-gets-under-way-this-week-5315501-Jan2021/%3famp=1

THE ROLLOUT OF the country’s Covid-19 vaccination programme gets under way at nursing homes this week.

HSE chief executive Paul Reid said the residents and staff at 25 nursing homes are due to receive their first doses of the vaccine this week.

The rollout of the State’s coronavirus vaccination programme began last week when 79-year-old grandmother Annie Lynch, from Dublin, became the first person in the Republic to receive the jab on 29 December.

“This week we’ll be starting in 25 nursing homes and 20 hospitals across the country,” Reid told RTE Radio 1’s Today with Claire Byrne.

The staff at the 4 hospitals were being vaccinated already.

This week should see a total of 20,000 shots administered with 17k to staff and residents of nursing homes and 3k to staff in 17 hospitals

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/widespread-cancellation-of-hospital-services-expected-as-close-to-5-000-covid-19-cases-reported-1.4449348?_ga=2.27973177.489788121.1609775463-1804447137.1556523552

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Things won't settle down until March but then your straight into Paddy's weekend and after been in lockdown for near 3 months at that stage everyone will be itching to go a bit nuts, let's off some steam understandably. And then your right back into an Xmas type scenario where everyone is mixing like crazy.

.. Gonna be April before the gyms reopen I reckon

Paddy’s Day and Easter Bank Holiday weekend are within a couple of weeks of each other this year. Unless there is a really dramatic improvement in the meantime I’m not expecting to be back in the gym until they have passed. They won’t want people travelling all over the place for Easter and may decide to stay at level 5 until then.

It all depends on how well the current measures work and the success of the vaccine rollout of course.

Just missed out on a gym standard rack, bench, 40kg's of plates (small hole) and two 6 foot barbells for 100 euro. Ad was up minutes and he said the phone rang off the hook, I bet it did.

I need a pull up/dip station.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

I project an extensive gym break at this stage. Good to see some boys have their equipment. They’ll keep their upper bits hardened up anyway.

There’ll be a lot of weak legs by April Fool’s Day. Keep pumping the upper body to get a bit of testosterone flowing anyway to keep the spirits up. We will rip some fibres one day again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Just missed out on a gym standard rack, bench, 40kg's of plates (small hole) and two 6 foot barbells for 100 euro. Ad was up minutes and he said the phone rang off the hook, I bet it did.

I need a pull up/dip station.
    A65ZyZJA65ZyZJ
    My door frame is about to collapse but at least i'll have wings! :pac:

Advertisement