Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gyms to Reopen 2021???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,562 ✭✭✭billyhead

When are they closing. Is it from mid night?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

LLMMLL wrote: »
    Anyone know where I could get a foldable bench that can be inclined?
    https://www.fitnessequipmentireland.ie/product/bolt-601-bench/
    Not cheap if you really want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Ugh... another "last gym session before a lockdown".. I only have limited comebacks left in me.
    Hopefully the plebs that clambered all over each other on household visits over christmas are happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,562 ✭✭✭billyhead

Closed from 6pm tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

A joke really, expecting essential workers to work through this pandemic and not be allowed the use of private leisure facilities or even go for a drink one night even. Evenings are sh#gged now and its too dark to go for a walk in the evenings here now. But sue enough fast food outlets are allowed to stay open, to .e it looks like the government are trying to ruin both our mental and physical health with thsse new restrictions. Surely if the gyms and pools had a plan in place and it was enforced and inspectef regularly they could keep running.

Better living everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

billyhead wrote: »
    Closed from 6pm tomorrow.

Where are you seeing this update?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

A joke really, expecting essential workers to work through this pandemic and not be allowed the use of private leisure facilities or even go for a drink one night even. Evenings are sh#gged now and its too dark to go for a walk in the evenings here now. But sue enough fast food outlets are allowed to stay open, to .e it looks like the government are trying to ruin both our mental and physical health with thsse new restrictions. Surely if the gyms and pools had a plan in place and it was enforced and inspectef regularly they could keep running.

Exactly this. 12 hour shifts in a hospital and expected to just go home and stare at the four walls. Sickened by this yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

People outside of essential workers are working as well.

People have been given an inch and taken a mile, time and time again. This isn't just about the government using a hammer to crack a nut.

No one that uses gyms is happy about the restrictions but when you see what happens when they're open the phrase "this is why we can't have nice things" comes to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,785 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

As I've said a few times in this thread, people are all over in each other in my gym, which is the biggest in Ireland I think. I can't imagine what it's like in some of the others.
    How do you expect to keep them open, especially when everyone would be clambering to join in January, especially if there was nothing else to do?
    If you're surprised by this you haven't been paying attention, new strain and highest numbers yet. I'm just happy I get one more session tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

ongarite wrote: »

Thanks I really do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

Heat_Wave wrote: »
    Where are you seeing this update?

By the end of business day tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

As I've said a few times in this thread, people are all over in each other in my gym, which is the biggest in Ireland I think. I can't imagine what it's like in some of the others.
    How do you expect to keep them open, especially when everyone would be clambering to join in January, especially if there was nothing else to do?
    If you're surprised by this you haven't been paying attention, new strain and highest numbers yet. I'm just happy I get one more session tomorrow.

Not in the slightest surprised, f*cked off but not surprised. The Gov' thinking people were going to be sensible are the idiots here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Not in the slightest surprised, f*cked off but not surprised. The Gov' thinking people were going to be sensible are the idiots here.

eh no im pretty sure the people not being sensible are the idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

I doubt the numbers have gone up due to gym behaviour.

I'd be sure it's these same idiots you describe that are careless and wreckless outside the gym too which has caused a surge in cases.

How you do anything is how you do everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,785 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Esse85 wrote: »

I'd be sure it's these same idiots you describe that are careless and wreckless outside the gym too which has caused a surge in cases.

I agree yeah but they couldn't have made allowances for gyms if everything else had to close really.
    Anyway, another f*cking month of isolation and jogging around like a twat. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

F U C K

T H I S

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

The bodypart that gets the greatest benefit when I use the gym is my head. Everyone I know in the gym does it for their head, the body is secondary... Its really going to take its toll this time round. January is hard enough to stay positive in as it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Esse85 wrote: »

Can only speak for my own gym and say not one case has arisen. It's a small gym where everyone knows each other so we'd know if someone had picked something up. People generally trust each other in there not to act the maggot outside of the gym.

It's trust, in general, that society is badly lacking. We're letting bunch of paranoid heads dictate us consistently into the harshest lockdowns across Europe and it's a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,370 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

I train first thing in the morning every day. When I'm in the gym I'm surrounded by others who are getting their training done and then have to get to work (or work from home these days) and it's very much a case of everyone adhering to social distancing and keeping equipment clean and training alone.

In circumstances where you have groups of people training together and not adhering to guidelines Gyms need to be taking the bull by the horns and ensuring people are training alone. It might not be within the comfort zone of a lot of gym staff to do so but it needs to happen.

I know for certain that my p1ss will be boiling over the next couple of months as we see videos of gobsh1tes skulling take away pints in huge crowds in town every night with Gardai walking past them enjoying the craic.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

nullzero wrote: »

In circumstances where you have groups of people training together and not adhering to guidelines Gyms need to be taking the bull by the horns and ensuring people are training alone. It might not be within the comfort zone of a lot of gym staff to do so but it needs to happen.

Can only speak about my gym, the staff are mainly young lads, 19-20 years old, too shy to pull members up on training in 2s and 3s or telling them wipe down equipment if they see users not doing it.

I thinks gyms suffer from behaviour of people outside the gyms rather than in it.

• Advertisement

The bodypart that gets the greatest benefit when I use the gym is my head. Everyone I know in the gym does it for their head, the body is secondary... Its really going to take its toll this time round. January is hard enough to stay positive in as it

Decision to close gyms will put bodies into rivers around the country. I've no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Are people retarded? The virus is a contagious disease. It's not people taking the piss; it's normal human interactions that lend itself to viruses spreading, a virus. The virus spreads, that's what happens when people interact. Doesn't matter if its dancing on tables or having a coffee around the place with different people.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I agree yeah but they couldn't have made allowances for gyms if everything else had to close really.
    Anyway, another f*cking month of isolation and jogging around like a twat. Ugh.
    Time for Lidl and some free apps!

https://www.lidl.ie/en/c/exercise-equipment/c1391/w2

A few novelty items there from Aldi and Lidl.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

is_that_so wrote: »

They are selling two water bottles. One is plain for 3.99. The other says "life is better at the gym" and costs 6.99. At least they have a sense of humour

A few novelty items there from Aldi and Lidl.

And they are likely more than a lot of people have. This is a needs must scenario.

And they are likely more than a lot of people have. This is a needs must scenario.

The bits and bobs they're selling are for the January joiners.

The bits and bobs they're selling are for the January joiners.

Plenty of people that use gyms don't have any equipment at home so an wheels, kettlebells, sandbags etc will help them.

Sneer at them if you want but that's just a fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Decision to close gyms will put bodies into rivers around the country. I've no doubt.

A few pulled out today ive just heard coming out of the pool this evening, only one was reported in local media.

Better living everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Lot of gyms will remain open like the last lockdown, only certain people get the special invites....

Advertisement