Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post pics of your watches Part II

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,933 ✭✭✭✭banie01

It's been quite a day, and now shag Mrs O'Reilly, I mean finish the dinner 😉

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Looks like you're bezel timing something too. 😁

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

😉 Had it set for the baked potatoes earlier.... In my defense? I wasn't rocking a chrono 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Pics or it didn’t happen … And I don’t mean the dinner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,259 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Picked this up from Micks_Address a little while ago, absolutely beautiful watch.

I didn't really have anything that I was comfortable wearing while engaged in sports or outdoorsy stuff, so this will work perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭893bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

I really like the bracelet on that VC, does it size with normal pins/ screws?

I have have been staring at my GP lately, they have used spring loaded pins within the removable link. There is no visible artifact on the exterior of the link, so the removable and non removable links all look the same from the side of the watch. The access to these springs, is on the edge of the link so there is no clue seen at the rear of the bracelet.

Pic of the GP,

Post edited by njburke on

Bracelet is one of the best. Mine could do with a polish.

It uses a screw for the links. Never changed one.

Taking the bracelet off is also a screw and an internal bar then between the screw at each side. Tiny things prob no more than a mm long. Could lose it in a flash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,211 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

it is the fiddliest bracelet i ever removed i have to say, those screws are tiny!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

My GS links are similarly fixed, a bar through both links then two micro screws to secure.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Making the most of the longer evenings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,259 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Not a Moonswatch :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,716 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Do you always wear gloves indoors or only during assassinations? 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Fitz II

TGV is that you?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Ha your wrist turned silevr by any chance? 😜

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Steinhart GMT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,816 ✭✭✭micks_address

What way are moonwatch values since the swatch assassination?

Have not had this on for quite a while. Still my favourite watch I have ever owned.

• Advertisement

I do, as a watch to wear. The AP is more me....ignorant, stocky, ruggedly handsome....but not thick.

I have to offer my resignation to the Watch Buying Abstinence Club. I lasted 3 months, but I relapsed and bought this King Samurai.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

That's a beautiful looking watch, the blue accents are stunning.

Most of the time you wear the incredible Hulk. Which is more you again. Not quite 7' tall but robust, a bit thick, I guess also ruggedly handsome and pretty terrifying when you are angry 🤣

Not sure if I want to know what the Cameron says about me 😂 Very thick for starters

Well you lasted 3 months !That's not bad at all..

That’s a lovely watch .Seiko are so far ahead of the rest when it comes to interesting dials. Looking at a few of my own Seikos and the details on the dials are incredible.

My crap photos don’t these justice but you can see the detail in them and the crispness of the white dial

They definitely do very interesting dials. I have to say that I'm very impressed with the King Samurai, I have had a few Samurais pass through my collection over the years, and king version really does feel like an upgrade.

Im actually playing with the idea of knocking the plan for a white seamaster on the head and going with a white king samurai instead...

Out tonight for an early bite to eat and a bit of a show...

I might be in jeans, but the Starlight still looks grand 😉

I am hoping Patek discontinue this or refresh it this year (25 year anniversary) and give me a decision to make.

Have a hankering to turn it into something very special like a complicated Lange or similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

An exceptionally special watch that may or may not be turned into another exceptionally special watch.

whatever you decide I’ll still be drooling

One careful owner (searching for the last two hours for a neighbours missing calf).

• Advertisement

Careful start a trend among hipsters on Insta with the Hole in Sweater luzury watch look. 😁

That hole was earned by using sleeve in lieu of a glove handling barb bwire!

Can’t see it taking off but given the below……anything is possible?

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?509652-Fractional-Ownership-Really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

How much would ya sell me the hands off that Patek for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

The core of the collection: 1975 Datejust 1603, 2018 Speedmaster Professional, and Submariner 16610 from 2006. I'm semi-thinking of moving the Datejust on, but would replace with a nice three hander (or GMT, but GMT is likely to be very similar to the Sub.).

Perfect 3 iconic watch collection right there

His hands for your heart, kidneys, lungs, liver and reproductive organs.

Looking good (please dont put them down on their own bracelets 😐️). Would you consider changing the Datejust for a white faced Skydweller. Its a little forgotten and half decent value at the moment....has all the functions and keeps the fluted bezel. Would be nice keep some colour in there. 5 digit pepsi? Times Batman?

Skydwellers & gmt are great but would you really want to buy one at current prices?Takes the fun out of it for me.

Depends, in the current everything over retail madness the white faced SD represents good value for Rolex most complicated watch, a sporty annual calander. THey are thick enough mind you. GMT are pricey but solid sellers. Two tone GMT in yellow gold is good value. Maybe one of the new Tudor GMT? I see that collection as sports watch covered, chrono covered, need something more dressy or fancy. Hell a Datejust 41 on Jubilee is maybe the best option.

• Advertisement

Problem with the white face skydweller is that every time you’d look at it , you would realise you should of got the blue.The 7 or 8k saved would just serve to remind that you shouldn’t of cheaped out and that’s not the feeling I want after spending mid €20k on a watch.

Its like you with the AP , you have the pick of the bunch. If I bought a white non chrono which is cheaper and by that rational arguably better value , I would feel disappointment every time you posted yours.The cheaper versions are always the least desirable which means for me at least that there’s better value when you pay the bit extra and get the one you really want.

Thats sort of a never ending spiral of disappointment. Should have been blue, should have been precious, should have gotten the newer one, should have gotten the skeleton turbillion....its a infinite regression of regret. You pick your pricepoint and get the best you can there. I certainly would not go for that AP now, I would be squarely in the offshore camp.

Also Rolex will swap the dial for you if you ask nicely, so long as the dial was available in that model year for the watch they will do it for a few thousand. Your friendly watchmaker will do it for less.

Look at the non GV milgauss these days prices shot up. Whats the runt of the litter one year is the prized possession the next. Unless you luck out at retail seems that sports Rolex really starts at 15k these days. Insane I think, but if I were fulladapipes I would be thinking of intriducing some colour and variety into the collection. Zenith Chronomaster sport? ALS 1815? Depends on budget.

Not really there’s no regret if you buy what you want . No point buying the white if it’s the blue you want .You’re Just buying out of impatience .So many YouTube videos of the “best alternative to a sub “ style and We all know that if it’s a sub you want , you won’t be happy till you get the sub .

Im not a fan of the idea of changing dials.If you take a black dial op that cost €10k and stick a Tiffany dial into it , are you pretending you have a €60k watch or whatever mad piece they are now.I prefer to keep the watch completely original .

But back on original topic, if I had fulladapipes collection a bit of colour would be nice .A Tudor gmt either Pepsi on bracelet or a root beer on leather would fit in well .

I'm not sure the Skydweller is for me. And they are way over my budget. I'd love a Zenith El Primero Chronograph, but I already have a Speedy which is a chronograph.

A bit of colour is on my mind though, and maybe a three-hander. I do like the Datejust (especially the jubilee bracelet), and 36mm something I am open to as well, so perhaps a (more) modern Datejust.

Options look like: Datejust 36mm, Tudor Black Bay Pro (good value as well), Explorer 114270 (has got very expensive) and Omega Railmaster. Added the IWC Mark XV as well.

Thought and further suggestions welcome.

Post edited by fulladapipes on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,816 ✭✭✭micks_address

I tried on the railmaster in weirs recently and really liked it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Not sure what your budget is fulladapipes, but would you consider a JLC? Maybe a Reverso for more formal/elegant occasions or a Master Compressor like this one? You'd get the GMT complication as a bonus but can hide the hand when not in use.

https://www.chrono24.com/jaegerlecoultre/master-compressor-gmt-automatik-stahl-herrenuhr-ref-146805--id19960426.htm

• Advertisement

I like JLC watches but I think that uber-crown would put me off.

Gen 2 VC overseas.

IWC Ingeneur

Zenith Chronomaster

10 Moonswatches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

A bit of AR coating wouldn't go amiss.

You are right, its a total shitter. I will take if off your hands for retail no problem.

AR coating? You kidz don't know you're born. In my day we walked ten leagues to look at a reflection. And it cost us a penny. Acrylic FTW.

AKA that's not a wacky dial, this is a wacky dial.

😁

• Advertisement
Advertisement