Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The last Album You Listened to.

Options
1272829303133»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,913 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

The Wonder Stuff - Never Loved Elvis

• Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Listening to it right now.
    Gary Numan Intruder. Brilliant album.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Billy Cobham - Picture This

An '87 Jazz Funk underrated album.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Guided By Voices - La La Land

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭dasdog

Funnily enough I was talking to a colleague over from London last night who told me he was in a band when he was 17 and they signed off copyright on a song they'd written (they got £500 each - a lot at the time to a bunch of teenagers) to The Wonder Stuff that ended up in on their album that made the top 20. Guess it was The Eight Legged Groove Machine? He could have been talking bollocks but recalled when he told his granny he was píssed when it made the album she said it's better being píssed off than píssed on.

• Advertisement

The Eight Legged Groove Machine reached #18 but the three subsequent albums made #5, #3 and #4 respectively.

I wonder what song it was?

Their 1989 concert in the SFX (Hup Tour) was oversold so the exit doors were open during the gig. Jammers.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Youthanasia by Megadeth.

Their best album in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭fluke

I spent a while with some albums between yesterday and today (though I find my audio space taken up with podcasts lately).

Having been on a bit of a JJ72 vibe of late I recently unearthed their debut album and this, I To Sky, their second one. I To Sky is a bit harder to get into, compared to the debut, and it feels like a band really trying to switch gears. It's growing on me though.

False Lankum gets better with each listen. It really feels like I absorbed this album in misty (typically Irish) weather. I didn't realise until a couple of days ago that most, if not all of the songs are traditional folk songs/arrangements.

Emily Wolfe was the support act for The Gasight Anthem here a couple of weekends ago, and it was the first time in a while where I felt a support act upstaged the main act. This is her latest, and she kind of reminds me of Julien Baker vocally a little and QOTSA in some places.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭BolloxChop

Been listening to Feeders new album Black/Red. Absolutely loving it.

Creedence. Best €3 to €5 you'll spend on a 70's second hand album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,353 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

The New Vampire Weekend.

Think it's great.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Van Halen - 1984

Manic Street Preachers - Lifeblood (20th Anniversary Edition)

As I already own the original LP and the 2009 4 Real Japanese reissue, I went for the 3CD version. Underrated album & nice package.

Not an album but there is no faulting genius

This is an album and I'm definitely not jealous of the guitar playing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭bullpost

Have that 12" and it is magic. The remix is great as well as the main version.

Back in 1986, I got a 4-in-1 stereo with a CD player. Please was my first disc and the first time I double-dipped (bought an album on both formats). This tradition has continued with every subsequent album of theirs. 15 not out.

I never got them @NewbridgeIR but there is no doubting the talent. Aren't they the best selling duo from the UK of all time?

Got this during the week for a fiver - getting its second play of the week now after probably many years of hibernation.

They are - top of the duo pops - sales of over 100m

That Hardline album is excellent. He was seriously talented.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,913 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Depeche mode - Violator

• Advertisement

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piano_Concerto_No._2_%28Rachmaninoff%29

I asked someone during the week I worked with how her returning to the piano playing was going and mentioned I'd been listening to Rachmaninov earlier that morning - "His Piano Concerto No. 2 is the best"

1955 pressing - €2. The weight of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Currently listening to Bob Marley Uprising, 1/2 speed mastering.

Advertisement