Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVI- 50,993 ROI (1,852 deaths) 28,040 NI (621 deaths) (19/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

petes wrote: »
    Weren't you told to **** off with this ****e before!

Yep but the voices in his head keep urging him to come back.
    What is it with some people who spout religion at everyone but would happily see people ignore advice and have people get sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,861 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Budget 2021 will be when the pro lockdown protect everyone at any cost brigade will get a sharp dose of reality that this was the wrong approach.

The bill always arrives when the meal is over.

Most of the ministers in the coalition of chaos will be well retired by then with massive pensions.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

gmisk wrote: »
    Quite a few of them unfortunately and seem to be growing in numbers

Better not shout in my face or laugh in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

So the frenzy has quietened down a bit now.

Nothing that we didn't know already obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Quite a few of them unfortunately and seem to be growing in numbers

I think unfortunately the Gemma Ó Doherty merry band of clowns and other groupings have actually captured some very vulnerable and naive unfortunates into their web. People that have fallen on hard times and the mind may not be as it was before all this.

I expect to see a few protests in the next few weeks. That group definitely grew since the early days of lockdown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,965 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

You’ll get a sharp dose of reality if people end up dying in their own beds because there is fûck all space or staff in hospitals.... if doctors, nurses, carers get infected and numbers start nosediving....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,293 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Err I wasn't planning to....cheers...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

I meant one of those loons...:D

maebee wrote: »
    That's a statement (a selfish one) but not an answer to my question.

I didn't ask you about the average age of death from Covid and I didn't ask you if you were good.

Let's try again. If you were unfortunate enough to contract the virus, would you avail of our medical services, should you need to be hospitalised?
    They aren't allowed to post on thread again...
    So don't think you will get an answer, not that you would have got a coherent one anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

jojofizzio wrote: »
    I’m finding the grave visiting exemption quite strange...like it doesn’t say whose grave..so in theory if I fancy a day in Dublin (not that anything will be open),a guard can’t tell me to turn around if I say in visiting Mick Collins in Glasnevin cemetery....

Hardly related to Bloody Sunday commerations in November.....

GAA remembering the dead 100 years on. Its a pretty big deal with a big build up.

I meant one of those loons...:D
    Ah get you :)
    They would deserve whatever they get tbh!

I'd say it's more likely the old people calling in complaining to Joe Duffy about it before...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Or all souls and saints day in november. A christian time for visiting graves of people by tradition in Ireland especially loved ones recently departed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    On the off chance she sees this,

To the big heifer of a woman at the Deli in Spar Fairview this lunchtime roaring and shouting to everyone in sight that she didn't need a mask when called out on it and laughing in everyone else's faces you're a ****ing pig.

It was an astounding sight to behold such blatent disregard for everyone else.

People like need to be made an example of. Toss them in jail for a couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Talking to a few guards and they've absolutely no interest in doing checkpoints etc

So what do they do. Genuine question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Jizique

Strumms wrote: »
    You’ll get a sharp dose of reality if people end up dying in their own beds because there is fûck all space or staff in hospitals.... if doctors, nurses, carers get infected and numbers start nosediving....

If this if that if the other, then yes, we are fcuked; but then again, if we have a handful of deaths and no increase in ICU patients despite the massive rise in cases and no coverage of the thousands who have recovered from the “lethal virus”, it’s no surprise people are losing the run of themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Visiting a grave is a legimate reason to be outside your 5km zone. If ever I saw a loophole to any fining system brought in then this is it.

Anyone else planning a trip to Bodenstown to visit the grave of Theobald Wolfe Tone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

I can see a renewed interest in geanology and family history over the next six weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭alias no.9

NIMAN wrote: »
    My prediction.

Lockdown now til 1st December.

We open, the country goes buck mental again, with shopping in a panic for Xmas, there will be no room in shops to socially distance, pubs will be packed, house parties galore.

And another lockdown in January to start the year off as we mean to continue .

No chance, the spike in respiratory infections won't ease off until March/April.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,459 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

It looks like this thread will be finished tonight, its back to its former glory of ten pages of posts being ahead me and I have it set at 40 posts per page. Maybe people can stop posting until I catch up. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,209 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Hahahahaha, 0.5?? Do they have a time machine?

If not, I've got one here I can sell them for nearly 2 million :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭French Toast

I joined the Facebook page "Ireland Breathes Free" or something along those lines, just to see what the craic with them is.

I know itself and Twitter are the gutter when it comes to social media, but there are some genuinely unhinged people among us.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

We are f**ked. The Pro-Lockdown mouthpieces in the media and at NPHET have no idea what people have to live like. They have this notion that every works for trendy tech start up or in a financial industry job that they can work from home and the industry will be fine for them when everything is back. They couldn't give a **** about anyone outside of their own social bubbles.

Retail workers out of work. Cleaners out of work. Bar-Restaurant people out of work, painter/decorators out of work, people who work in Gyms out of work, people in betting shops put of work, make up artists out of work. People with **** all hope of the future at the best of times, who are just trying to get by in a world being constantly taken away from them. Now the future holds absolutely nothing. Their jobs will officially be gone soon with no hope on the horizon for the future. If you lost your job already like myself, don't count on getting one soon. It will be years until you work again. They want us dead. To NPHET and the Smuglords, these are just jobs for college students before they join the establishment class. If you're working those jobs in your 30s, 40s, 50s you're better off dead in their eyes.

Our country has been stolen from us from smug doctors and media, who control piss weak politicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

It looks like this thread will be finished tonight, its back to its former glory of ten pages of posts being ahead me and I have it set at 40 posts per page. Maybe people can stop posting until I catch up. :)

It just wont be the same if Biden wins the election and has daily briefings

• Registered Users Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

We are f**ked. The Pro-Lockdown mouthpieces in the media and at NPHET have no idea what people have to live like. They have this notion that every works for trendy tech start up or in a financial industry job that they can work from home and the industry will be fine for them when everything is back. They couldn't give a **** about anyone outside of their own social bubbles.

Retail workers out of work. Cleaners out of work. Bar-Restaurant people out of work, painter/decorators out of work, people who work in Gyms out of work, people in betting shops put of work, make up artists out of work. People with **** all hope of the future at the best of times, who are just trying to get by in a world being constantly taken away from them. Now the future holds absolutely nothing. Their jobs will officially be gone soon with no hope on the horizon for the future. If you lost your job already like myself, don't count on getting one soon. It will be years until you work again. They want us dead. To NPHET and the Smuglords, these are just jobs for college students before they join the establishment class. If you're working those jobs in your 30s, 40s, 50s you're better off dead in their eyes.

Our country has been stolen from us from smug doctors and media, who control piss weak politicians.

You tell 'em richard.:rolleyes:

I joined the Facebook page "Ireland Breathes Free" or something along those lines, just to see what the craic with them is.

I know itself and Twitter are the gutter when it comes to social media, but there are some genuinely unhinged people among us.

Don't go into the restrictions thread on here if you think that group is mad. Also avoid the conspiracy theory forum unless you want to realise that no matter how down you might feel it could always be worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

In the olds days there would be articles in the paper every year, X no of people on trolleys due to winter flu.
    and people would complain of a shortage of beds
    Same article every year
    Well this year will be different I suppose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭TheDenialTwist

Will Yam wrote: »
    Probably the maddest outcome of all.

2 oul lads out of a Wednesday morning walking around aren’t going to make a blind bit of difference.

Once ye don't slow down the game for us two young girls :D

We'll have to get all the golf in now before Wednesday night :)

I'm actually very ill atm and don't play golf, however, I know a lot of people who do. I'm just trying to lighten the mood amid all the gloom and madness :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement