Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show Finding Misery 9/10 /20

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

Some very strange people on this thread. Glad I don’t view the world like you do.

Yes DUDE.
    Strange yes, but not a cnut like you.
    Fk off ya prck.

All the best Emmet!

Mod: Week off. All the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Storm 10 wrote: »
    That post is taken from RTE they post who is on the show usually on Thursday, it's gone way down hill with all the doom and gloom, I cant understand how Renault are sticking with it as it no longer is an entertainment show when in times like this it should be, love to know are they loseing viewers.

We should all email Renault about the show content.

I know it"s RTE who publish it, it seems silly, you know who is going to be on - ok fair enough but to tell us what they are going to talk about just shows how safe it's all become. No spontaneity, to scope to go off the set questions. Reminds me of the leaving cert oral exam where you knew the questions and would go in and rattle off the answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,595 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Really enjoying the ‘Lennon 80’ Channel (Sky Channel 371 over here), on-air till next Friday.

Not only has it kept me in bed watching, it’s also inspired me to stage my own ‘bed-in’ protest against the Late Late Show!

The message is...IMAGINE A DECENT MISERY-FREE FRIDAY NIGHT ENTERTAINMENT SHOW.

Peace. :cool:

Jesus, I read this earlier and (this is true) I had to actually work at imagining a misery free Late Late. Like, it wasn't a natural thing to do. Imagine just people telling funny stories and chatting about their adventures or films or sport game winning.

Imagine it! It's not even a mad idea, it's what people normally do in lots of conversations!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,990 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I really like Amy hueberman, follower her & Brian on instagram, seem like real down to earth people with a great sense of humour. But watching her tonight I actually changed channel for a while, she was so giddy, talking a load of nonsense and just really hard to listen to. Maybe she was just so excited about her new show and being on TV..... Wish them all the best with their new arrival

This is her all the time..

Silly stupid illogical giddiness...

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Sorolla

Back in the day everybody watched it. When I was in teens & 20s peers would always know what had been on. But there was an amazing broadcaster at the helm.

Same here.

When I was a young lad - each and every one of us was washed early of a Saturday and the rosary was said and then we all sat down as a family and watched the Late Late Show - Gay was the greatest broadcaster of all.

The best part I liked was that the guests stayed even after the interview was over and the craic was mighty some nights.

The next morning after mass we had a great chat with the other lads about the great entertainment that was on the Late Late Show.

When my auntie got married she spent her honeymoon touring around Ireland and a local girl that was working above in Dublin in the civil service got them audience tickets for the late late show and they got better presents from Gaybo than they got from some wedding guests

The Late Late show and the Catholic Church were the glue that held Irish society together.

Sadly both have declined over the years.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Imagine there's no misery
    It is hard to do
    Nothing to change the channel for
    And no Tubridy , too
    Imagine all the guests
    Living life in peace

• Registered Users Posts: 72,223 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

You may say I’m an idiot,
    But I’m not the only one.
    I hope someday there’ll be no misery,
    And The Late Late Show will be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Even two days later, I think that Amy Huberman debacle was the worst segment I've ever seen on the show.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Azatadine wrote: »
    Even two days later, I think that Amy Huberman debacle was the worst segment I've ever seen on the show.

PTSD. You can sue RTE.

Advertisement