Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show Finding Misery 9/10 /20

Options
  • 09-10-2020 8:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭

This week's Late Late Show line-up has been revealed, with Amy Huberman, Kathleen Watkins, Kevin Bacon, Dara Ó Briain and Lyra, among the guests.

Amy Huberman ( the nation's sweetheart)joins Ryan Tubridy as she prepares to launch a new series of her unsuccessful show, Finding Misery ;). She will be chatting about emerging from lockdown, expecting her third baby and why she chose to reveal her baby news on Instagram (riveting). Plus, she will give an insight into what she has discovered about her new home's spooky past.

In her first television interview since her beloved husband Gay Byrne died, national treasure, Kathleen Watkins joins Ryan to chat about how poetry brings her comfort, how she managed to survive the last few months cocooning, and what life is like for her now, without her beloved Gay.

Following on from Russell Crowe's tarantula story, funny man Dara Ó'Briain will be sending us his own musings from London. Dara O'Briain has a story to share with the Late Late Show viewers that will hopefully make you laugh until you cry.

Kevin Bacon will recall how he gave Tom Hanks the ultimate acting lesson, while explaining the phenomenon of Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon and how he has learned to embrace this cult status.

Jennifer Edge's healthy 17-year-old son was struck down with Covid19 and she lived every mother's nightmare when she couldn't see him for 18 long days. She joins Ryan with her son Jack to share their story and talk about Jack's long road to recovery.

Breakthrough pop artist, Lyra chats with Ryan about Tinder, singing in mass and finding money under the mattress! Probably the highlight (Ireland's answer to Lana Del Rey)

Crematorium song
    Plus, singers Claudia Boyle & Red Hurley will also be in-studio and will be joined by Dee Forbes to perform a special rendition of Time to Say Goodbye for Ryan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,566 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

In Kevin in the studio, Footloose dance with Tubs :p

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

I suppose we have seen worse line ups but there is`nt much else in the way of entertainment about

Will Lyra talk about Your A Star

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Will Lyra talk about Your A Star

tell us more?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

The late late on a Friday nite.
    Usually a show that’s ****e.

Poetry does help Kathleen.

• Advertisement

tell us more?

She was one of the Brophy sisters on Your A Star

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

10/10 for the thread title!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭CH3OH

It was a toss up between Amy and Lyra for a picture

Lyra yesterday morning " in the big smoke for something very exciting"

Brave girl
    120902857_2466651586970473_6485459489752163553_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=2d5d41&_nc_ohc=QZttfUVV3AcAX8stXYp&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=7962805764c3683730086e727c11aca3&oe=5FA402D3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭mistersifter

CH3OH wrote: »
    ....Kevin Bacon will recall how he gave Tom Hanks the ultimate acting lesson, while explaining the phenomenon of Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon and how he has learned to embrace this cult status...

As I said on the radio forum,

I bet Tubridy will teach Kevin about his own game

"The Two Degrees of People with Terminal Illness".

who do you know that is nearing death!?

• Registered Users Posts: 72,223 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

1583734470_puppies-gif5_4.gif?v=107

• Advertisement

3d4a714b2000e8f9afe813a4c11fb41a.gif

Lyra has lovely legs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I am looking forward to seeing Amy Huberman.

Is she funny?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

IAMAMORON wrote: »

Is she funny?

Never heard of her, she must be new to the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

"Bacon? Tell me, do you like an aul' rasher?"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Bowie wrote: »

Ho he's a sausage man.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,699 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Bowie wrote: »

Ryan will probably give him an Ireland jersey and a pack of denny rashers

• Registered Users Posts: 15,714 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Drifter50 wrote: »
    I suppose we have seen worse line ups but there is`nt much else in the way of entertainment about

Graham Norton is back and has Ewan Mcgreggor, Miley Cyrus and some other people that I have never heard of someone called Shirley Ballas, Ashley Banjo and Frank Skinner. So ye not great either but Graham will make it good or have on off night one or the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

IAMAMORON wrote: »

Is she funny?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Amy is going to tell us why she decided to announce her new baby news on Instagram , riveting news cant wait.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

She is a nice girl and she's very pretty, but I'm not sure she deserves all the opportunities that RTE give her over other comedy writers.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

On the RTE news just now they showed a clip of the Beatles (For John Lennon's birthday)

Jimmie Nicol was in the clip instead of Ringo, it must have been a clip from the 13 days when Jimmie filled in for Ringo when he was ill. Strange that RTE picked that one

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/beatles-jimmie-nicol/

beatles-with-jimmie-nicol.jpg?fit=960%2C540&ssl=1

Anyway, bring on the Tubertainment!

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Amy is going to tell us why she decided to announce her new baby news on Instagram , riveting news cant wait.

What position did you conceive in Amy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

GO ON THE OWL

Evening all :)

Let's dance!

giphy.gif

Straight in to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,987 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Ten seconds in and the man is making me nauseous!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,700 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Fook sake, the wanker was waffling about tonights show being pure entertainment, misery merchant.

Great Friday nite entertainment..

• Advertisement

Fook sake, the wanker was waffling about tonights show being pure entertainment, misery merchant.

I heard him on radio today. I was dizzy listening to the otter waffle coming out of his mouth..

Advertisement