Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bars are open under level 3 in Waterford

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I'm from very near it. They're welcome to it. ****ing dump.

Went there once or twice, ughh, i have no issue with dank pubs as long as the regulars are sound but fcuk me, some very strange people go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

dzilla wrote: »
    Noticed that all Kittys stuff is for auction down the auction rooms

I remember being in Kitty Kieran's about five years ago, there was live music and it was very cosy atmosphere. Shame to see it gone. They accomodated us for a function at one point up stairs about three years ago too.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    It's not the worse place esp for a match. Its like most places if you make trouble you'll get trouble

Yep that's it, they only done up there smoking area in 2018/2019 and it would be ideal for outdoor service. Let's hope they do reopen at some stage.

From Ballybricken/Barrack Street/Yellow road and areas around it, the only places left are Nickys, Alfie Hales, The Exchange,Tap room, Norrises, Caulfields,The Crannog, The Tavern, Old Ground (on the glen think that its name). Its so to tell will places actually reopen

The Exchange, what an absolute dive.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,973 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Let's hope as many places are possible reopens from the 7th June and there's somewhat of a choice to pick from. Outdoor dining can be bollocks esp if its **** weather

The time limit, 15 max numbers and the Mandatory €9 meal will be confined to the history bucks thank ****

Taken from the Vaults Facebook page

'This summer we’re bigger and better than ever.

We’re delighted to announce we’ve been granted planning for an extra seating area under the amazing Apple Market roof. We’d like to thank Eddie Mulligan - Working for Waterford for all his help on making this happen and Waterford City Council .

We’re also excited to Launch our brand new lunch menu (over lockdown we’ve been getting serious about salads and more) and to welcome you back to our signature wine and cheese Nights.

The Vault, the secret of the Apple Market'

Let's hope its like suggest by another user a common area under the roof

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Taken from the Vaults Facebook page

'This summer we’re bigger and better than ever.

We’re delighted to announce we’ve been granted planning for an extra seating area under the amazing Apple Market roof. We’d like to thank Eddie Mulligan - Working for Waterford for all his help on making this happen and Waterford City Council .

We’re also excited to Launch our brand new lunch menu (over lockdown we’ve been getting serious about salads and more) and to welcome you back to our signature wine and cheese Nights.

The Vault, the secret of the Apple Market'

Let's hope its like suggest by another user a common area under the roof

A common area would be stupid and dangerous. Bars need to have control over their own customers. The simple solution would be to allow the existing venues to expand their seating areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭iseegirls

It's unfortunate that the businesses which could make most use of the outdoor seating area in the Apple Market are currently clothes shops (Babycare, Higgins, USA Stores). Be it those are the ones that have no passing traffic to cross, which is what Vault would have along with Gino's if they went into that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

So what bars are definitely reopening next Monday? So far all I know of in the city are The Woodman, Tully's, The Hub, The Vault, Craftsman, Paddy Brown's and Itty Bittys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

So what bars are definitely reopening next Monday? So far all I know of in the city are The Woodman, Tully's, The Hub, The Vault, Craftsman, Paddy Brown's and Itty Bittys.

Are the Kazbar not opening Monday?

seems to be work been done outside it

• Advertisement

I've no idea. These are the ones I just know of. That's why I'm wondering who else is opening. The more the better.

The Reg is opening with 180 outdoor seats.

The Reg is opening with 180 outdoor seats.

That's great and offers a bit of wiggle room with so many seats available

Lets hope the bouncers arnt there :D, pre covid times they could be very contrary

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭Speak Now

That's great and offers a bit of wiggle room with so many seats available

Lets hope the bouchers arnt there :D, pre covid times they could be very contrary

Who are the Bouchers?

Speak Now wrote: »
    Who are the Bouchers?

not sure

They can be very intense sometimes and the simplest thing would get you refused entry or thrown out

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Gillman1998

I assume Revolution will open but I haven’t seen a peep from Heery’s and no apparent preparation going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭dzilla

Shame that Harvey's isn't still open, the outdoor area they had would be immense at the moment with the restrictions.

Also a shame in general how the building is just going to rack and ruin.

You would expect T& H's and Walsh's to set something up but haven't heard anything..

You would expect T& H's and Walsh's to set something up but haven't heard anything..

think they are similar setup to last year i imagine (outside the hatch and the side of Walshs). Delighted that food rule farce is gone

Its both annoying and sad seeing people sitting inside the hotel bars but happy for the places reopening. What id do to sat at in a pub for a few hours and no i dont want to pay for a hotel room

dzilla wrote: »
    Shame that Harvey's isn't still open, the outdoor area they had would be immense at the moment with the restrictions.

Also a shame in general how the building is just going to rack and ruin.

Story with many good sites in Waterford. The showboat is another..

• Advertisement

From Damien Tiernan this morning:

"Publican Martin Colbert (of Norris's) is fuming with the government at pubs not being allowed to open now - he says the policy is petty, vindictive and stupid. Hear his arguments on #deisetoday Thursday. (Pic courtesy Irish Indo.) #wlr".

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

Grady's Yard will be open too. Nice outdoor seating area there.

https://www.facebook.com/TheYardBeerGarden/

New beer garden opening the back of the Woodman/Lounge

Places reopening from Monday 7th June with outdoor service

Tullys
    T&Hs/Walshs
    The Reg
    The Yard (Woodman/Lounge)
    Pinks
    The Hub
    Gradys Yard
    Heerys/Market Bar (Drinks only Mon and Tues with Food starting Weds)

Uluru
    Cove
    Oskars
    Riverside Cottege
    Loko

Possibly missing a few places. Feel free to post where else is open

Places reopening from Monday 7th June with outdoor service

Tullys
    T&Hs/Walshs
    The Reg
    The Yard (Woodman/Lounge)
    Pinks
    The Hub
    Gradys Yard
    Heerys/Market Bar (Drinks only Mon and Tues with Food starting Weds)

Uluru
    Cove
    Oskars
    Riverside Cottege
    Loko

Possibly missing a few places. Feel free to post where else is open

Itty Bittys
    Craftsman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Gardner

Anywhere in town doing takeaway pints?

An Uisce Beatha is opening on the 7th, too.

Gardner wrote: »

T&H's and Tully's are doing them, not sure on opening hrs though

Edz87 wrote: »
    An Uisce Beatha is opening on the 7th, too.

I doubt they would fit much outside but suppose they could do takeaway and people can sit on the Quay etc

• Advertisement

Gardner wrote: »

T & H's, Tully's The Craftsman and the Hub.

Don't know about Tully's but I think it is 50c to a euro cheaper in The Craftsman and The Hub than T & H's.

Advertisement