Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Hi everyone, sorry I know you've probably been asked a 1,000 times but what are the chances of getting a ps5 between the launch and xmas. I will have a pretty disappointed 9 year old on my hands. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Hi everyone, sorry I know you've probably been asked a 1,000 times but what are the chances of getting a ps5 between the launch and xmas. I will have a pretty disappointed 9 year old on my hands. Thanks

Honestly, no one is sure at the moment. But given the unprecedented level demand (number of PS4s sold in the first 12 weeks were sold in the first 12 hours of PS5) I would see what you could do to manage expectations.

It COULD be possible but I imagine it'll be a combination of putting in the hours of checking online, setting up alerts and a bit of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

RedXIV wrote: »
    Honestly, no one is sure at the moment. But given the unprecedented level demand (number of PS4s sold in the first 12 weeks were sold in the first 12 hours of PS5) I would see what you could do to manage expectations.

It COULD be possible but I imagine it'll be a combination of putting in the hours of checking online, setting up alerts and a bit of luck.

Thank you for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

3DataModem wrote: »
    Reminder to those PSVR owners who are preordereing a PS5.

Don't forget to register for your free camera adapter here: https://camera-adaptor.support.playstation.com/en-ie

(note this is different to the US website)

The PSVR will not work out of the box with PS5.
    You cannot use the PS5 camera with PSVR, you need the PS4 Camera and an adapter which all PSVR owners can get for free.

Ahhh thank you for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 NeilBreen

Has anyone received preorder message from GameStop Dundalk?
    Pre-ordered in-store back in 2019 but haven't heard anything from them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

is anywhere selling demon souls for less than 80 that's crazy price for that game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

biggebruv wrote: »
    is anywhere selling demon souls for less than 80 that's crazy price for that game

63 sterling plus postage on base.com cheapest I seen
    https://www.base.com/buy/product/demons-souls-ps5/dgc-demonsoulsps5.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 11 oddshapedballs

Preordered in GS in the Omni in Dublin on the 7th of September, traded in my PS4 in anticipation of trade prices plummeting in the run up to the launch.

Didn’t get an email, text or call to let me know what the deal was but had to call the store and was informed that I would not be getting a launch console but would be in the ‘second batch’ which may or may not arrive before Xmas.

I can’t help but feel slightly hard done. There are people who ordered online with GS after the announcement, well after people like me, who are getting launch consoles. Surely GS should have fulfilled all pre-orders taken before then, and whatever was left of their allocation (if any) sold to those post announcement date buyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Preordered in GS in the Omni in Dublin on the 7th of September, traded in my PS4 in anticipation of trade prices plummeting in the run up to the launch.

Didn’t get an email, text or call to let me know what the deal was but had to call the store and was informed that I would not be getting a launch console but would be in the ‘second batch’ which may or may not arrive before Xmas.

I can’t help but feel slightly hard done. There are people who ordered online with GS after the announcement, well after people like me, who are getting launch consoles. Surely GS should have fulfilled all pre-orders taken before then, and whatever was left of their allocation (if any) sold to those post announcement date buyers.

Pretty sure if they'd not done online orders you'd still not be getting one.

And if GameStop had gone with a national system instead of store by store (including online), then I'd assume the 3 GameStop in the middle of Dublin would have eaten up all the stock long before September.

There's people who pre-ordered there not getting one either, even after preording so much earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Look at the bright side missing wave 1 you can see what kind of technical problems it has

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Has anyone changed payment details on a Smyths pre-order? I'm kind of nervous it might end up cancelling the order.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Has anyone changed payment details on a Smyths pre-order? I'm kind of nervous it might end up cancelling the order.

I'm not doing anything to upset my Smyths pre-order.

Won't even unsubscribe from their mailing list until after I have my PS5 in my hands.
    Only signed up for "PS5 interest" emails and am getting stupid emails almost daily.

Hopefully we'll get time slot emails soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Best buy aren't even sending stock to stores for launch day. Sounds like there is not much available outside of pre orders in the US/Canada

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

Yeah I did. Think it worked but it doesn't actually confirm it anywhere.

Also does everyones Smyth's order still day in progress?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Liamo_mu wrote: »

It does.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

I did actually, a couple of weeks after the night I pre-ordered. I was the same as yourself, didn't want to touch it really in case it messed something up, but I couldn't remember if I put in my Revolut card details or my regular card details (didn't want to be caught by not having enough on the revolut card, I think they'd notify you first anyway if payment was declined, but didn't want to take the chance).

So I updated the pre-order with my regular card details and saved, and I got another email confirming I updated my payment details, and the pre-order is still showing on my account as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Liamo_mu wrote: »
    Yeah I did. Think it worked but it doesn't actually confirm it anywhere.

Yeah mine says in progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Yeah I have. Twice. I preordered with my Revolut, then changed it to my regular Irish bank, then once more again after I realised my card expired in Oct so I put the new card details on. No issues, it updated fine and got an email to confirm it, PS5 still showing as in Progress.

I did test changing the card details on the games I had preordered first tho but after there was no issues I went ahead and changed the PS5 order.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The PS5 and playing it safe was the only reason I was waiting to jump ship from AIB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

F1ngers wrote:
    Hopefully we'll get time slot emails soon.

Have they confirmed this is happening. Id say it will just be rock up and queue outside on the day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

Have they confirmed this is happening. Id say it will just be rock up and queue outside on the day?

Yeah I was thinking the same, just like a regular click and collect. Has anyone heard anything different? We can wait and see what Smyths do for the XBox launch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭3DataModem

JimBurnley wrote: »
    63 sterling plus postage on base.com cheapest I seen
    https://www.base.com/buy/product/demons-souls-ps5/dgc-demonsoulsps5.htm

Remember if ordering from smaller UK retailers, your return options and rights will be diminished dramatically on 1st January.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Yes, I got a new card so I had to, nothing changed on my end...

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DesmondGAF

Klair88 wrote: »
    Yeah I have. Twice. I preordered with my Revolut, then changed it to my regular Irish bank, then once more again after I realised my card expired in Oct so I put the new card details on. No issues, it updated fine and got an email to confirm it, PS5 still showing as in Progress.

I did test changing the card details on the games I had preordered first tho but after there was no issues I went ahead and changed the PS5 order.

Chuffed I found this post. Was tempted to do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Hi,

Have a pre-order with Smyths also, would anyone have an idea when they will be taking payment? Don't want my card declining

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Pipmae

I thought this might help those wondering how the Smyths pre-orders will work.

I pre-ordered an electric scooter from Smyths. It has just arrived into stock and I've gotten an email to say I've two days from the day of the email to collect it. The money has been held in my bank account this morning so it will be charged fully when I pick it up.

The email says I just got to the store I ordered from and show the email. It also says to make sure I've ID with me. I've collected from Smyths before and I've never been asked for ID however I think I'll make sure I have it when collecting my PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

I presume with Smyths deliveries, they charge your card when the console is dispatched from the warehouse? Haven't gotten anything delivered from them before, I've also ordered one of the accessories which is due a week earlier, so should know then anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Do people expect their PS5's from Smyths to be delivered on launch day or to be dispatched on launch day?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    Do people expect their PS5's from Smyths to be delivered on launch day or to be dispatched on launch day?

I recently ordered something delivered from Smyths and it was Fastway they used. Took 4 days for it to get to me once it was in Fastway's system. Just to set expectations if they use the same for the Ps5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    You'd think they would be dispatched the day before. It depends on if they use an post or courier.

Advertisement