Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Markitron wrote: »
    Just leave the game there for a week and collect them both at the same time.

ya thats what im leaning towards at the min, would just be as easy

• Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Teothican wrote: »
    hi guys
    is there a TV recommendation thread for the new PS5/XBOX anywhere on this forum??

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058114179

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Re you allowed to sell over the price there?

Yes you can sell for whatever price you like expect event tickets which have to be sold at face value or less.

Everything else you can stick whatever price you feel like there are zero restrictions. Adverts do have it listed in their terms that in the end it is upto the buyer if they want to pay that or not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Got a text message today from GameStop to say they will be calling me shortly about my Pre-Order for the PS5. My local store is Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Hi all,

Do we think there will be any difficulty with stock for games?

I have my eye on NBA 2K21 and Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War specifically.

I would pre-order from Smyths now but I believe they'll only hold for click and collect for 2 days upon release, so with the games coming out on the 12th and 13th of November respectively that apparently would be too long.

What are the chances of being able to order them both for click and collect a day or two before I head down for the PS5?

I'd rather go click and collect as would be a bit cautious that delivery will be late and I'd be left with a console with none of the new games I want to play on it! :pac:

Thank you.

• Advertisement

BrentMused wrote: »
    Hi all,

Do we think there will be any difficulty with stock for games?

I have my eye on NBA 2K21 and Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War specifically.

I would pre-order from Smyths now but I believe they'll only hold for click and collect for 2 days upon release, so with the games coming out on the 12th and 13th of November respectively that apparently would be too long.

What are the chances of being able to order them both for click and collect a day or two before I head down for the PS5?

I'd rather go click and collect as would be a bit cautious that delivery will be late and I'd be left with a console with none of the new games I want to play on it! :pac:

Thank you.

Smyths are holding pre-orders until 2/12

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Smyths are holding pre-orders until 2/12

Thanks Benny.

I'll order now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Worth keeping in mind that digital games will always be in stock too and I'd wager just as many will be bought there so stock for games shouldn't be too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JKC2020

How legit do people think these eBay ads are?can’t post a link because I’m a new user but I was looking at PS5 ads specifically located in Ireland to bid on if you want to take a look obviously they are ridiculous prices but it’s probably the only way to get one before Xmas any thoughts appreciated?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

JKC2020 wrote: »
    How legit do people think these eBay ads are?can’t post a link because I’m a new user but I was looking at PS5 ads specifically located in Ireland to bid on if you want to take a look obviously they are ridiculous prices but it’s probably the only way to get one before Xmas any thoughts appreciated?

I see one for a pre order from Tesco....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 JKC2020

The specific add I’m looking at doesn’t say it is a pre order from Tesco it doesn’t say at all actually think it’s at 840 euro at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Saw that. I say when the lockdown is over and people/parents go out to the shops and try and buy one for xmas then the panic will set in. I say kids asking for them now and parents are like will get one after lockdown when shops back open.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,105 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Seriously folks: don’t pay double the price for the console unless you’re very wealthy indeed. There may be demand now, but you’ll be able to get a console in the new year so it’s madness paying double now just to get it for Christmas. Don’t reward the scalpers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

JKC2020 wrote: »

You have chances elsewhere:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058125033
    Seriously folks: don’t pay double the price for the console unless you’re very wealthy indeed. There may be demand now, but you’ll be able to get a console in the new year so it’s madness paying double now just to get it for Christmas. Don’t reward the scalpers.

As much as I agree with you, try telling that to a parent trying to get one for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

My 9 year old has mentioned the PS5 for Christmas. I told him that Santa needs to get them from Sony and there isn't enough stock so he probably wont get one for Christmas. I told him he can get something else or ask Santa for a Voucher for the PS5 when they are available. He shrugged and said he will get something else.

Kids and stupid and have a very short attention span. Don't reward scalpers because you are afraid to have an honest conversation with your child.

PS. When I mentioned about Santa getting PS5's from Sony my said "Shure Santa can magic up stuff". I told him that I don't think that's the case because any movie I have seen about Santa's workshop always have them building the toys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

I think people should look at the xbox pre order thread just that some of them are having problems with their revolut card and with their bank. Just incase it gives you tips incase doing same for preorders on the ps5.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ps4 for xmas

Hi all,

Any info on whats happening with GameStop pre orders from stores that aren't running click and collect. Sorry if this has been asked before

• Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hi all,

Any info on whats happening with GameStop pre orders from stores that aren't running click and collect. Sorry if this has been asked before

They're working on it, but it's likely they'll contact people to arrange for home delivery of the consoles instead.

RGARDINR wrote: »
    I think people should look at the xbox pre order thread just that some of them are having problems with their revolut card and with their bank. Just incase it gives you tips incase doing same for preorders on the ps5.

Seems its an issue with the Microsoft store and pending transactions

we couldn't order though the sony store and pre-auths were done by smyths and GS

It shouldn't be a huge issue with ps5s

Shouldnt being the opportune word

nedd wrote: »
    My 9 year old has mentioned the PS5 for Christmas. I told him that Santa needs to get them from Sony and there isn't enough stock so he probably wont get one for Christmas. I told him he can get something else or ask Santa for a Voucher for the PS5 when they are available. He shrugged and said he will get something else.

Kids and stupid and have a very short attention span. Don't reward scalpers because you are afraid to have an honest conversation with your child.

PS. When I mentioned about Santa getting PS5's from Sony my said "Shure Santa can magic up stuff". I told him that I don't think that's the case because any movie I have seen about Santa's workshop always have them building the toys.

If only all parents were as rational as you.

I texted a friend of a friend back in September about 2 hours before the amazon orders went live, told her if she wanted one for her kids this was her only chance. Fell on deaf ears. Now she is freaking out and considering paying stupid money for it.

P.S. I found out Santy wasn't real when I was 7, your kid is lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Cmacc4

Does anyone think there's any chance of getting a PS5 after launch and between Christmas?
    Got the dreaded Gamestop text that I won't get a launch day one so I'm looking for a screed of a screed of optimism haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,377 ✭✭✭recyclops

Yeah i was one of those folks effected by the pre order, it was annoying as it was already pending from the first day I ordered on the 22nd then MS went again and i needed to get onto revolut to make sure it went through.

They said it was a large sum that came across so they put them on hold, I then told them that i will be getting another large sum from Amazon in the next few days for my ps5 and he said he will make sure thats not stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 occne

Anybody looking at that eBay Ireland advert for the PS5 beware! I made an account here just to post this. I think this is a scam listing. Although the seller has good feedback, he hasn't used the account in a year. I asked them to post proof of their pre-order (a receipt with personal info blacked out / email etc.) and got no reply. If it was legit, you'd think you would want to prove it to buyers. I'm lucky to have 2 pre-orders from Smyths, so i'm not involved with this sale, but everything is telling me this is a hit and run job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

occne wrote: »
    Anybody looking at that eBay Ireland advert for the PS5 beware! I made an account here just to post this. I think this is a scam listing. Although the seller has good feedback, he hasn't used the account in a year. I asked them to post proof of their pre-order (a receipt with personal info blacked out / email etc.) and got no reply. If it was legit, you'd think you would want to prove it to buyers. I'm lucky to have 2 pre-orders from Smyths, so i'm not involved with this sale, but everything is telling me this is a hit and run job.

I wouldn't believe any of them until they physically have the console and can provide proof. There will be plenty up for sale after the launch

• Registered Users Posts: 42 occne

I wouldn't believe any of them until they physically have the console and can provide proof. There will be plenty up for sale after the launch

Some listings are genuine alright, sellers with long history, good feedback and proof of pre-orders but prices are sky high. I think though you might be optimistic about restocks before xmas, especially as any more consoles may have to go to people on the 'wait lists' first. I hope i'm wrong.

I thought i'd just post my warning about this specific eBay listing to help anyone considering buying it to think again. The person has never even sold anything on eBay before. That's a huge red flag and would end in disappointment for some poor kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Any word on how we pay off our ps5s yet from GameStop?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

Sorry if this has been asked but do we have any estimate as to when they will generally be available. I'd assume late jan/Feb right?

nerd69 wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked but do we have any estimate as to when they will generally be available. I'd assume late jan/Feb right?

Yea that is a fairly safe bet. A lot of pre-orders taken this year will still have to be fulfilled before they are on general sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Markitron wrote: »
    Yea that is a fairly safe bet. A lot of pre-orders taken this year will still have to be fulfilled before they are on general sale.

Is there information as to whether there Will there be anymore pre order batches before Christmas ?

• Advertisement

Drumpot wrote: »
    Is there information as to whether there Will there be anymore pre order batches before Christmas ?

No, but tbh it isn't likely. This might answer some of your questions:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058125033

Advertisement