Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

I recently ordered something delivered from Smyths and it was Fastway they used. Took 4 days for it to get to me once it was in Fastway's system. Just to set expectations if they use the same for the Ps5.

I placed 2 x Smyths orders yesterday for early christmas gifts for 2 relations. 1 smaller item was shipped with Fastway and a larger and more expensive item was sent with DPD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭3DataModem

GameStop sent some texts (on top of the email I got last week).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

leex wrote: »
    I placed 2 x Smyths orders yesterday for early christmas gifts for 2 relations. 1 smaller item was shipped with Fastway and a larger and more expensive item was sent with DPD.

They’re gone with fastway??
    They used to use an post for smaller items (game sized) and it was always reliable and on time

Fastway are substantially less so

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

leex wrote: »

Hopefully they use DPD as they usually deliver to my place between 12 and 1. They also ring if outside and you can usually track the van.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    Do people expect their PS5's from Smyths to be delivered on launch day or to be dispatched on launch day?

I can't speak to consoles, but I have had games delivered from them that have all arrived on or before launch day. This includes during the first lockdown back in March.

• Advertisement

Markitron wrote: »
    I can't speak to consoles, but I have had games delivered from them that have all arrived on or before launch day. This includes during the first lockdown back in March.

Are they still using an post For games?
    Or courier?

I'd say wait to see how they manage delivering the Xbox Series X and S to see what courier they use

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Smyths use DPD and Gamestop use An Post.

DPD have bad delays at the moment. The last few Smyths orders took 4 working days to arrive with DP.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

I have my game due to be delivered on the 12th and collect the console itself on the 19th. I'll be so sad if I pickup the console and have to wait for the game due to delay haha

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Are they still using an post For games?
    Or courier?

I can't be certain but I think it was DPD
    Kremin wrote: »
    I have my game due to be delivered on the 12th and collect the console itself on the 19th. I'll be so sad if I pickup the console and have to wait for the game due to delay haha

They will likely dispatch them on the 11th, I don't think there will be any issues.

• Advertisement

Markitron wrote: »
    I can't be certain but I think it was DPD

They will likely dispatch them on the 11th, I don't think there will be any issues.

Yeah it will look bad for Smyths if they can't deliver on launch day. If it is DPD , hopefully they have them in their local depots the day before

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

I wouldn't be surprised at any delay in delivery with all that is going on. Unless they get sent out as priority which they would have to charge extra for

I wouldn't be surprised at any delay in delivery with all that is going on. Unless they get sent out as priority which they would have to charge extra for

Yeah I could live with not getting it until the Friday as would be working anyway and would still have weekend. Getting it Monday would be bad form

1000 for Digital Edition Lol

https://www.adverts.ie/22020956

I dont mind people charging 200-300 more for something with this much demand but 600 is taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

dan786 wrote: »
    Smyths use DPD and Gamestop use An Post.

DPD have bad delays at the moment. The last few Smyths orders took 4 working days to arrive with DP.

Would much rather an post in general but at least DPD are delivering on Saturdays right now.

Post man at least uses the bell and wil wait a bit, I've to check the cameras when DPD drop something off to see if they left it somewhere or went to a neighbour. Also got the an post package box while not helpful here sorts most deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Varik wrote: »
    Would much rather an post in general but at least DPD are delivering on Saturdays right now.
    Also on Sundays - I got a delivery yesterday from DPD.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

I ordered all the kids Xmas presents from Smyths to test the delivery and it was DPD who did it all 3 times. It was great cos they text me the hour they’ll be there at and they were bang on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭m8051

I dont mind people charging 200-300 more for something with this much demand but 600 is taking the piss.

Aye not nice at all, I understand the guy wants to make some profit and as you said 100-200 more would be "fair" but 1K is ridiculous, I reported the ad to the adverts support team, hope they give him a heads up.

Gone already, fair play to adverts

m8051 wrote: »
    Aye not nice at all, I understand the guy wants to make some profit and as you said 100-200 more would be "fair" but 1K is ridiculous, I reported the ad to the adverts support team, hope they give him a heads up.

IIRC they have been taking all of those ads down.

Personally I think charging any more than 100 quid over retail makes you a scalper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

As I was typing about how I've never had an issue with DPD they've emailed me to tell me my package due today will be delayed till tomorrow haha. Guess Christmas is ramping up for them and at least they communicate a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Hopefully it is DPD as I have never had an issue with them, but Fastway used to be just atrocious as numerous times they would just throw the package on the doorstep and you were lucky if it was even your own doorstep, I have not used them in a few years and maybe they have improved but the drivers would not even ring the doorbell or knock when delivering.

Gone already, fair play to adverts

They are not taking them down for the price. There will be dozens on release day

Its just because you cant sell preorders.

They are not taking them down for the price. There will be dozens on release day

Its just because you cant sell preorders.

Re you allowed to sell over the price there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Cmacc4 wrote: »
    Has anyone with a preorder from in store,I preordered mine in Tullamore,not heard a thing today?
    3DataModem wrote: »
    GameStop sent some texts (on top of the email I got last week).

Is that a gamestop store u have it reserved in that is still click and collect?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,174 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Xenji wrote: »
    Hopefully it is DPD as I have never had an issue with them, but Fastway used to be just atrocious as numerous times they would just throw the package on the doorstep and you were lucky if it was even your own doorstep, I have not used them in a few years and maybe they have improved but the drivers would not even ring the doorbell or knock when delivering.

With all these companies it's important to remember that your experience will vary depending on where you live.

DPD in Sligo for me are the best of the bunch. The driver is great and always arrives on time.

I've noticed that Fastway work at a much quicker pace than DPD but the local driver where I live still does a good job. I seen him outside earlier actually jogging down the street with a package for someone, then back to the van to pick another and off he was jogging again to another house.

It's a tough job these lads have to get everything delivered and get home at a reasonable hour.

Have Spiderman for collection for smyths.. and a PS5 for collection then..

Wonder is it worth my while moving the game for collection with it?.. Or trust DPD with a week for the game

• Registered Users Posts: 33,240 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Re you allowed to sell over the price there?

I think so, except when it comes to tickets for events. I don't know if there's any such restriction on items.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Have Spiderman for collection for smyths.. and a PS5 for collection then..

Wonder is it worth my while moving the game for collection with it?.. Or trust DPD with a week for the game

Just leave the game there for a week and collect them both at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Teothican

hi guys
    is there a TV recommendation thread for the new PS5/XBOX anywhere on this forum??

Advertisement