Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I've successfully ordered a PS5' thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

I don't know why gamestop can't if like I have pre ordered ps5 in Stephens green and xbox in swords that they cannot re direct them both to Blanchardstown store if that is one that is open for collection. Same with other people who pre ordered in a store might suit someone to collect from one of these stores they have stated will be open for collection. Just ask individual would this suit you if we done this and buyer would say if it does or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,397 ✭✭✭✭Penn

RGARDINR wrote: »
    I don't know why gamestop can't if like I have pre ordered ps5 in Stephens green and xbox in swords that they cannot re direct them both to Blanchardstown store if that is one that is open for collection. Same with other people who pre ordered in a store might suit someone to collect from one of these stores they have stated will be open for collection. Just ask individual would this suit you if we done this and buyer would say if it does or not.

It probably risks messing up orders placed in each different store, which might have their own individual records of who placed what order when, how many consoles each store was meant to get, which are switched to a different store and by who etc. They probably need to keep it strict to having to get it from the store you ordered from.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Penn wrote: »
    It probably risks messing up orders placed in each different store, which might have their own individual records of who placed what order when, how many consoles each store was meant to get, which are switched to a different store and by who etc. They probably need to keep it strict to having to get it from the store you ordered from.

Yes, doing it that way would be an absolute nightmare to control, you’d have to migrate different shops ques over

It’s home delivery or December for the closed GS stores

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭curryman

I know this is a long shot but if anyone has a spare preorder. I have a godson looking for one off you know who at christmas. Doubt we will be able to get one in a shop at this stage now

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Spooch

So no word on in-store orders being sent out for delivery from stores listed as closed? Game stop really not helping themselves here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

Spooch wrote: »
    So no word on in-store orders being sent out for delivery from stores listed as closed? Game stop really not helping themselves here

I assume its a total nightmare for them at the moment.
    Also I'd assume that a lot of people like myself still haven't completely paid for their preorders yet.
    All those orders and payment to sort out and then sort delivery for those too. Total nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

I was told this evening by a Gamestop store that people who had pre-ordered, if they were high enough on the list to get a launch console, would be contacted by phone or email and given a link to pay any balance and that the console would be delivered to you at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Delivery will likely be the outcome, they'll contact in-store successful launch day
    customers. Then they will arrange payments and delivery.
    Contact will be made with any customer that has outstanding preorders identifying the next steps. Please check your email in the run up to release dates

How are they not helping themselves? I get people hate GS, but there's lots of OTT comments
    lately. It's not their fault we are now in a six week lockdown and with the messaging they've put out in the last two days.... I think they're doing what they can.

It's not unreasonable to expect a massive company, during their busiest period in literally years, to have a contingency plan in the event of another lockdown? They're hemorrhaging money in a big way already, potentially a lot of people will be left down and pissed off by this. They cant afford to lose customers. Notifying people immediately and having a plan in place would have gone a long way to building some good faith after years of negative reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

It's not unreasonable to expect a massive company, during their busiest period in literally years, to have a contingency plan in the event of another lockdown? They're hemorrhaging money in a big way already, potentially a lot of people will be left down and pissed off by this. They cant afford to lose customers. Notifying people immediately and having a plan in place would have gone a long way to building some good faith after years of negative reviews

We'll leave it at that then.

• Advertisement

Its made considerably worse that their main competition have got a fairly clear plan in place, even if you cant clock and collect on the day, they'll keep it until the end of lockdown

GS, I appreciate, aren't helped by being in shopping centres, but to just say CLOSED and not give any information on what that means in regards to pre-orders is pretty shambolic

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭jvrk

Got a response this morning from them cant move in store preorder to another if your store is closed. This is a disaster have 0 faith in getting a console from gamestop.

jvrk wrote: »
    Got a response this morning from them cant move in store preorder to another if your store is closed. This is a disaster have 0 faith in getting a console from gamestop.

ya that was never gonna be a runner, would be a ight mare t migrate ques

if they offered home delivery or even had a guarantee of you could collect t after lockdown it'd be fine

the worry Id's have is that they will just start prioritizing people who payed online, because they have that money and people in shops can just wait

bennyl10 wrote: »
    ya that was never gonna be a runner, would be a ight mare t migrate ques

if they offered home delivery or even had a guarantee of you could collect t after lockdown it'd be fine

the worry Id's have is that they will just start prioritizing people who payed online, because they have that money and people in shops can just wait
    Thing annoys wouldn't mind if told getting 1 when reopens as have it fully paid off but been told no guarantee I will get 1 this year is annoying considering I preordered last November and have paid off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

jvrk wrote: »

Did they make no mention of switching to home delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Messages gamestoo through the website about my pre order that I got online when it went live. They messaged me back within 5 mins with the following

" Your order is for the console and not the queue, You should be receiving the console for launch on the 19th of November. Once your order has been shipped you will receive an email confirmation containing the tracking information."

So hopefully the rest that have pre ordered the same time will get yours

Markitron wrote: »
    Did they make no mention of switching to home delivery?

Heres a copy of what was said
    Thank you for contacting GameStop Customer Service,

We understand that you may have concerns regarding your pre-orders in-store as Ireland is about to enter a Level 5 lockdown period.
    Some of our stores will remain open for Click and Collect only. The current list can be found at the following link:
    https://www.gamestop.ie/covid-19-updates
    Please note that pre-orders placed in closed stores CANNOT be collected from any store that is remaining open.

To this end, we would like to reassure you that we will be in contact again in the near future regarding fulfilment options for your orders.

We appreciate your patience and will be in touch with you soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Every retailer can just go by there systems in place. Moving 1000's of orders around different stores would be complex even if there systems allowed them to do it. I'm sure smyths would be the same.

I could understand if I didnt receive it until lockdown ends because my store is listed as "closed", but if we come out of this and I'm told there's no console available for me, I will 100% be getting a refund and wait until somewhere else has stock. Given GS plenty of money over the years, very much ready to walk away and I dont expect im the only one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I could understand if I didnt receive it until lockdown ends because my store is listed as "closed", but if we come out of this and I'm told there's no console available for me, I will 100% be getting a refund and wait until somewhere else has stock. Given GS plenty of money over the years, very much ready to walk away and I dont expect im the only one

They'll refuse to give refunds, I can guarantee it. You'll either get a credit note or else be told nothing can be done.

• Advertisement

They'll refuse to give refunds, I can guarantee it. You'll either get a credit note or else be told nothing can be done.

they had no issue refunding depositis and money paid out previously

once i got a smyths one, to be fair to gamestop, there was no issue on cancelling and getting cash

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Here are the rules/laws on movement for the duration of the lockdown

Allowable clause below(the rest on the link), so being open for Click n Collect sounds like it might be encouraging people to leave their home without one of the listed reasons for leaving your home. I don't consider the list final either because they seem to have ommitted mention of graves in it so who knows what else was missed in the draft.

"My PS5 is a medical appliance because I need it for my mental health Garda"

(opens/downloads as PDF from Gov site)
    https://t.co/XVpDH31qkt?amp=1
    Gov wrote:
    go to an essential retail outlet for the purpose of obtaining items
    (including food, beverages, fuel, medicinal products, medical
    devices or appliances, other medical or health supplies or
    products, essential items for the health and welfare of animals,
    or supplies for the essential upkeep and functioning of the
    person’s place of residence), or accessing services provided in
    the outlet, for the applicable person or any other person residing
    in the person’s place of residence,

Also, there was a checkpoint outside my house around 11:30am, was only there maybe 15 mins but they're out nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

People are panicking about this way to much. Just make up a reason to be going to the area. It could be anything shopping for you or an elderly neighbour, chemist for the same reason, dog food.

If the fine is only €70 I’d happily pay that to have my PS5 on launch day, buts that just me.

As I said have a reason to be going to the area before you leave and you will more than likely be fine. Even stick some shopping from the house in your boot if you are that concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Its like no one here has ever lied to a guard before, yis bunch of amateurs

• Registered Users Posts: 44 luciddream

Markitron wrote: »
    Its like no one here has ever lied to a guard before, yis bunch of amateurs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

The way I see it, you can travel to any essential retail outlet and Smyths qualifies as one, below is from gov.ie:

any other retail outlet that operates an online or other remote system of ordering goods for purposes of collection at the retail outlet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭jj880

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    The way I see it, you can travel to any essential retail outlet and Smyths qualifies as one, below is from gov.ie:

any other retail outlet that operates an online or other remote system of ordering goods for purposes of collection at the retail outlet

Thats from the list of retail that is allowed to stay open.

But at the moment to go outside 5km they state it's medicines or food shopping only.

Click n Collect should be allowed outside 5km also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭WhenPigsCry

jj880 wrote: »
    Thats from the list of retail that is allowed to stay open.

But at the moment to go outside 5km they state it's medicines or food shopping only.

Click n Collect should be allowed outside 5km also.

The 5k is just exercise. You are supposed to stay at home, but you may exercise within a 5k radius. There is literally no other mention of 5k in the legislation they passed.

Otherwise, there are a bunch of provisions for essential trips, for school runs, essential supplies and whatnot. But they aren’t bounded.

If you weren’t allowed to go out to get click and collect items they wouldn’t have blanket permitted any and all click and collect outlets to open, is how I read it. But equally I don’t look forward to explaining to a guard that I’m on my way to pick up a games console.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭jj880

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/2dc71-level-5/#domestic-travel-restrictions

"Stay at home.

Exercise within 5 kilometres of home.

There will be a penalty for movement outside 5 kilometres of home, with the following exceptions:

travel to and from work, where work involves providing an essential service
    to attend medical appointments and collect medicines and other health products
    travel to attend disability day services
    for food shopping
    to take school aged children to permitted training as provided for in the Exercise and Sporting section above
    for vital family reasons, such as providing care to children, elderly or vulnerable people, and in particular for those who live alone but excluding social family visits
    for farming purposes, that is food production or care of animals
    to attend a wedding or funeral
    to visit a grave"

I hear what you're saying about why have click n collect if you cant go outside 5km for it but thats not how I read it. Its not in the list of exceptions.

Edit: ok I concede you can click n collect for food, medicine and health products. You will have a job telling a garda your PS5 is a health product.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

jj880 wrote: »
    for farming purposes,

Just borrow a cow stick her in the back seat and you're fine.

Advertisement