Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXV-44,159 ROI (1,830 deaths) 21,898 NI (598 deaths) (13/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,008 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

majcos wrote: »
    It’s alright for some comes to mind when Donald Trump tweets ‘Don’t be afraid of Covid’. He got treatments and a level of medical care that very very few will get.

I thought this was an incurable disease with no effective treatment as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,874 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

begbysback wrote: »
    He’s clearly asymptomatic or very mild symptoms, so no special treatment required.
    No special treatment required?
    BS did you see the list of drugs he was given?
    He was literally given at least two experimental drugs.

He was also put on oxygen at least twice that they admitted so hardly asymptomatic or very mild symptoms

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

• Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭growleaves

My only worry around a Level 5 lockdown at Halloween is that we risk ceding the night to other-worldly beings who stalk this land seeking the ruination of souls.

I've already written to Dr. Holohan outlining my concerns.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Jesus they can't even organize this press conference never mind a coherent plan for the current mess, my dog has more backbone than the 3 of them together, as an aside, how the hell has mehole and varadkar managed to side step any ****ing question on this decision.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

Eod100 wrote: »
    Access to best doctors and drugs. Early days yet too.

Yep, in twenty years' time the long-term effects will kill him.:rolleyes: I doubt he's worried though.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,184 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

No but the restrictions have further reaching consequences than just the remit of a Covid only focus. This is currently seems not to be considered at all. I’m not sure if it’s because NPHET want to dictate all policy during this emergency or if the government want to hide behind them and make no decisions for which they could be held accountable. There needs to be more experts involved in the far reaching consequences for society some of these restrictions may have in my view.

Because there remit is ONLY HEALTH NOTHING ELSE they have no business (yes pun intended) anywhere near economics. Should there be an advisory board made from all sector hell yes but they are not. They issue recommendation which the government van take or not here they have not. People just want to take the easy way to grab a big bad and blame them and then feel all warm inside and if it goes wrong then say well they should have been more forceful. If you want blame give it to the ones to enact them the GOVERNMENT

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

I'm actually quite surprised with how well the Donald has coped with COVID. I was convinced he'd be dead, to be honest. Meets all the criteria.
    That's if he actually had it though, of course.

He is the POTUS getting best of best and as soon as he was tested positive. No surprise.

polesheep wrote: »
    Nonsense, if you are admitted to an Irish hospital you will get an excellent level of care.

Emphasis on the word IF.

IF you're lucky enough to be admitted. IF they decide your life is worth a ventilator.

Nursing home cases were allowed to die in nursing homes without being referred to hospital back in March/ April/ May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

No but the restrictions have further reaching consequences than just the remit of a Covid only focus. This is currently seems not to be considered at all. I’m not sure if it’s because NPHET want to dictate all policy during this emergency or if the government want to hide behind them and make no decisions for which they could be held accountable. There needs to be more experts involved in the far reaching consequences for society some of these restrictions may have in my view.

NPHET are doing their job .
    Let the government get off their Meehole and do theirs , and be ACCOUNTABLE for it .
    Stop blaming NPHET ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tails_naf

You can clearly see how it has spread to the older at risk cohort as predicted.
    You can start to understand the dramatic recommendation if hospitalisation trend continues.

528403.png

Nice map, where did you get it? Would be interesting to see others countries

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

begbysback wrote: »
    He’s clearly asymptomatic or very mild symptoms, so no special treatment required.

He's a complete cnut either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,008 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Emphasis on the word IF.

IF you're lucky enough to be admitted. IF they decide your life is worth a ventilator.

Nursing home cases were allowed to die in nursing homes without being referred to hospital back in March/ April/ May.

This is the occurrence for most issues in nursing homes I'm afraid, its not new to COVID.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Whose 3rd in command after Meehole and Leo?
    Eamon. :pac:

Minister of Trampolines, Stephen Donnelly answering questions tonight, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Goldengirl wrote: »
    Should be spending more to keep doctors and nurses and less on HSE clipboard people.

Pretty much. More on frontline staff,less on all the admin staff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭TexasTornado

Lundstram wrote: »

They won't be able to hide in a few weeks when our health service is collapsing and people are asking why they took the side of IBEC over NPHET.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,104 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

HDU is 1 nurse per 2 patients, ICU is 1:1 nursing

So does anyone know how many nurses (That are capable of working in icu), have we have offered permanent contracts, since March?
    We’ve borrowed 9billion so I presume we have hired extra nurses plus acquired/built extra icu beds and HDU beds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

Should be spending more to keep doctors and nurses and less on HSE clipboard people.

One of the biggest problems with the HSE is that admin/back office staff can be appointed to work in a minister's constituency, with a new 'service' set up if necessary. Parish pump politics accounts for a massive amount of waste in the HSE.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

gmisk wrote: »
    No special treatment required?
    BS did you see the list of drugs he was given?
    He was literally given at least two experimental drugs.

Well how is that special treatment, you can earn 5k for participating in drug trials, The Donald has done it for free, Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Eod100 wrote: »

Hopefully not Stephen Donnelly ..or that eejit Eamonn Ryan ?
    He 'll be telling us that we are all going to level 2 again .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭bb1234567

India appears to have peaked in deaths a few days ago, so they may come out of the pandemic with less than 200,000 deaths assumign there is no further large waves. I don't know how likely that would be to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Littleredcar

He needed oxygen - has steroids antibodies and an immune treatment . Hardly no symptoms

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Whose 3rd in command after Meehole and Leo?

That would be Paschal in his capacity as Minister for Finance. Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

They won't be able to hide in a few weeks when our health service is collapsing and people are asking why they took the side of IBEC over NPHET.
    Yeah, with our ICU beds at about 7% capacity, we are right on the cusp of collapsing our health service.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭gifted

Hopefully not Stephen Donnelly ..or that eejit Eamonn Ryan ?
    He 'll be telling us that we are all going to level 2 again .

That dope will tell us we can cycle or walk to level 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭boege

And if we need more ICU beds they'll be reallocating staff. They are already asking nurses to volunteer for ICU. What this would mean, of course, is other procedures and treatments being cancelled.

My wife is a theatre nurse and she is saying that her hospital is chocked full of patients that should have been treated in the past, but were not due to Covid patient prioritisation. These patients are presenting with more complex conditions due to delays in receiving treatment. Add in a winter flu bug in the coming months, plus a bout of Covid and we wont be talking about the Irish hospital capacity that we were talking back in March when we borrowed time off patients that needed treatment for non-Covid conditions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 141 ✭✭Thomas..

One of the biggest problems with the HSE is that admin/back office staff can be appointed to work in a minister's constituency, with a new 'service' set up if necessary. Parish pump politics accounts for a massive amount of waste in the HSE.

There's a whole load of stuff they could do without too like oxygen and bandages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Can somebody explain the benefit of having checkpoints in place between counties if every county as at the same level? Am I missing something?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement