Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

He comes across really aggressive in the interview. Do they have a past?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,166 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

vojiwox wrote: »

He just despises strong women. There is no subtext with him. I have yet to see a conversation where Trump wouldn't drag up their past history if they had one if he was going to get into that level of mudslinging.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

No but she has two characteristics that The Don hates:

1) She's a woman (that he has no interest in sleeping with)

2) She actively disagrees with him and doesn't buy his bullshlt.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,624 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Will Trump even show up for the debate tonight or will he chicken out again? He chickened out of the 60 minutes interview too, there seems to be a developing pattern here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

No but she has two characteristics that The Don hates:

1) She's a woman (that he has no interest in sleeping with)

2) She actively disagrees with him and doesn't buy his bullshlt.

It's a really strange watch. Not sure why he put this up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

It's a really strange watch. Not sure why he put this up.

It'll appeal to his user base who write off the 'fake' news media, if they show a shred of disagreement with Trump or the GOP.

And, he truly believes he's the victim there. In his world, there cannot exist a possibility where he's wrong, or where he isn't a demi-god above all questioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

In his world, there cannot exist a possibility where he's wrong, or where he isn't a demi-god above all questioning.

Not just in his world. A few posters here suffer from the same affliction.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,376 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Will Trump even show up for the debate tonight or will he chicken out again? He chickened out of the 60 minutes interview too, there seems to be a developing pattern here...

Trumps diehards REALLY played their cards wrong with the whole pre debates mantra that Joe is really very scared of debating Trump and will run away from them.

Really didn't age well.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Trumps diehards REALLY played their cards wrong with the whole pre debates mantra that Joe is really very scared of debating Trump and will run away from them.

Really didn't age well.

I am still of the opinion that Biden is well entitled to the days off the trail because after this he won't be seeing his grandkids again in any ordinary manner for quite a long time. Debate->GOTV->Election Chaos->Chaotic Transition->President

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/politics/joe-biden-stops-for-a-cookout-milkshake/2020/10/18/4cb71a13-aae8-4072-92c7-42eb430c6f59_video.html

• Registered Users Posts: 25,468 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Overheal wrote: »
    I am still of the opinion that Biden is well entitled to the days off the trail because after this he won't be seeing his grandkids again in any ordinary manner for quite a long time. Debate->GOTV->Election Chaos->Chaotic Transition->President

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video/politics/joe-biden-stops-for-a-cookout-milkshake/2020/10/18/4cb71a13-aae8-4072-92c7-42eb430c6f59_video.html

Is that what Trump was whinging about in the,60 minutes interview? Biden gets a milk shake but Trump kept going on about ice cream lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

"The ex mayor" is more aptly known as Donald Trump's lawyer. Conflicts of interest abound. And his "Police Commissioner?" What? The laptop wasn't found in New York, who are you even talking about

Serious melodramatization going on to suggest their "lives" are in danger.

Do you believe Seth Rich was killed by the DNC or something I guess? Why else would people assume there is any risk of life here. It's comical.

Ah I didn't mean to emphasise that, calm down. I was thinking of the computer store guy who seemed to think his life was in danger.

There's no such disqualifier like 'conflict of interest' with criminal allegations. And whatever you mean, they are not enough to ignore this because they aren't in a vacuum, there's a constellation of information in the public domain and more to come. You keep trying to attack any single thing I point to, each time ignoring or not being aware of other information.

Yes. He was going through it with one of his old commissioners, who has spoken about. If you don't know this it's because it hasn't been reported in mainstream media, apparently it's not worth knowing.

So stop lecturing me about conflicts of interest or warning me that the DNI is a republican, I know these things, I still think this is not to be ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,574 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

"The ex mayor" is more aptly known as Donald Trump's lawyer.

This is where the credibility gap stretches to the limit.

Can you imagine anyone you know who would appoint that man their solicitor?

It's absurd. The whole setup is so ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭Cody montana

"Nearly 47 MILLION have voted - 34% of the entire 2016 vote."

Is this good or bad for Trump?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Is there a breakdown of mail-in vs in-person? I would say it's obviously bad if it's largely mail-in

I was thinking about this the other day when we hit 30 million votes.

30 million is 10% of the country. For a country whose ordinary election day turnout, a mere 12 hours (per district), is 50% participation, this is really something to keep an eye on. 15% of the electorate has voted with 12 days to spare and a benchmark of 55% participation to reach.

Is there a breakdown of mail-in vs in-person? I would say it's obviously bad if it's largely mail-in

Total Early Votes: 46,784,165 • Mail Ballots: 33,281,943 • In-Person Votes: 13,502,222

The link is here.

https://electproject.github.io/Early-Vote-2020G/index.html

I mispoke in my last post, the participation rate is actually higher than 15% I was going on total population not eligible voters.

The Voting Age Population is 257.6 million.

http://www.electproject.org/2020g

• Registered Users Posts: 13,218 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

So why are you supposing without evidence that the FBI is allowing the DNI to use the intelligence community....

I'm sorry, in your world does the Director of National Intelligence report to the FBI?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Director_of_National_Intelligence

It's a political appointee, oversees 17 agencies including a part of the FBI.

HTH clarify things for you.

I was thinking about this the other day when we hit 30 million votes.

30 million is 10% of the country. For a country whose ordinary election day turnout, a mere 12 hours (per district), is 50% participation, this is really something to keep an eye on. 15% of the electorate has voted with 12 days to spare and a benchmark of 55% participation to reach.

I think complacency and apathy won in 2016.
    Not this time though.

Erm.... in-person votes don't mean good for the #IMPOTUS. Have a look at some of the early reporting on who is lining up for hours at at time in, say, Detroit.

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »

I wonder if he'll know if he took a Covid-19 test today. Seems to have trouble with that question when asked.

50/50 he shows up. 30/70 he storms off early.

Igotadose wrote: »
    I wonder if he'll know if he took a Covid-19 test today. Seems to have trouble with that question when asked.

or: He doesn't show up and blames a positive covid test. :D

So by Monday if these numbers are correct 1 in 5 eligible Americans will have already voted, and maybe well on the way to 1 in 4.

Igotadose wrote: »

He was already whining about the moderator today on twitter. I can only assume from that that he is expecting this to go badly.

It would be great to see him storm off and then have the usual crowd try to convince themeselves and everyone else that having to answer questions was so unfair.

So by Monday if these numbers are correct 1 in 5 eligible Americans will have already voted, and maybe well on the way to 1 in 4.

Rudy better shít or get off the pot because at this rate, he's beginning to look more like Jacob Wohl than Roger Stone.

Regarding Covid-19: just a personal FYI the University I work/research at announced that we will be going back into lockdown status effectively after the Thanksgiving break, all classes that were hybrid are going back to online only. Wondering if other schools and institutions are thinking similarly. Especially makes sense for colleges though because of the mass travel usually associated with our breaks, vs. a local grade school doesn't see that same impact. Could impact the election.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭RIGOLO

I mispoke in my last post, the participation rate is actually higher than 15% I was going on total population not eligible voters.

The Voting Age Population is 257.6 million.

http://www.electproject.org/2020g

last post .. which one ... your like a MG42 spitting out posts.. I suggest this is nerves , nerves that Trump will win again. I sense the fear in the left.
    They arent even trying to form arguments or positions , just pumping out the same bile we got used to in the last 4 years.

are you a mod in Ranting and Raving .... if the shoe fits..

He was already whining about the moderator today on twitter. I can only assume from that that he is expecting this to go badly.

It would be great to see him storm off and then have the usual crowd try to convince themeselves and everyone else that having to answer questions was so unfair.

The ads would write themselves

"Donald Trump runs away when he thinks the other side isn't playing fair. Will Russia play fair?" /sobering cliche music yadda yadda was responsible for the content of this advertising.

RIGOLO wrote: »
    last post .. which one ... your like a MG42 spitting out posts.. I suggest this is nerves , nerves that Trump will win again. I sense the fear in the left.
    They arent even trying to form arguments or positions , just pumping out the same bile we got used to in the last 4 years.

are you a mod in Ranting and Raving .... if the shoe fits..

I don't believe I've ever seen you engage in any form of a cogent argument, it's generally you spouting MAGA nonsense. So pot calls kettle black.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

The ads would write themselves

"Donald Trump runs away when he thinks the other side isn't playing fair. Will Russia play fair?" /sobering cliche music yadda yadda was responsible for the content of this advertising.

Will Russia sit by while Biden goes off-grid to avoid the heat?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement