Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,849 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

MoonUnit75 wrote: »
    There's no denial in that clip about the laptop or emails being genuine? Listen to her question and his answer. They are talking about the report from the Republicans from weeks ago, well before the laptop revelations provided the evidence they were missing.
    Keep spinning it anyway you want.
    But it is rubbish I honestly don't think people will fall for this in the numbers needed, outside of those who would already be voting for Trump
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/19/hunter-biden-story-russian-disinfo-430276

Rudy knows as much...hence the fact he has said..the public deserve to see reports based off material on the laptop "even if it isn't accurate"...his exact words!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

There's nothing to say he thought she was 15 or that she said she was 15? From what I read she pretended to be a 'right wing reporter', how many 15 year olds are 'right wing reporters' and if they were supposed to be a 15 year old reporter I don't think Giuliani would have fallen for it.

It looks like he thought she was a young, attractive reporter who made advances towards him and he thought he was on to a good thing, then Borat runs in and screams that she's 'only 15'. The actor is 24, it would be hard to believe a 24 year old is really 15.

Rudy was too busy playing with his little head to put his big head into gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

Hey, can you show me where the emails were confirmed as real? A guy saying something still isn't a single email being seen.

He's saying it to two senate committees. The emails are genuine, he received it and Joe Biden was knowingly cashing in on the big China scheme. It's not like its just some guy tweeting about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Cody montana

False equivalence. Trump may have family members in positions of power which suggests nepotism.

The accusation is that Biden squashed a corruption investigation to benefit his son's company for personal gain. That's way way worse.

Facts vs an accusation.

Hasn’t Biden been cleared already.....by republicans?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Facts vs an accusation.

Hasn’t Biden been cleared already.....by republicans?

There is apparently new evidence. Let's see what happens...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Apparently....allegedly.....could.....if.

We’ve had 4 years of this crap.

gmisk wrote: »
    Keep spinning it anyway you want.
    But it is rubbish I honestly don't think people will fall for this in the numbers needed, outside of those who would already be voting for Trump
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/19/hunter-biden-story-russian-disinfo-430276

Rudy knows as much...hence the fact he has said..the public deserve to see reports based off material on the laptop "even if it isn't accurate"...his exact words!

It's good to know that 50 former intelligence personnel are Democrats and have guessed this 'sounds like' something Russia would do. It's not very interesting and they aren't in on any insider info?

Oh there is always new evidence! There is always a smoking gun....it is always 2 weeks away! There was a second laptop they said at some stage lol

It's laughable really.

If they had any evidence whatsoever they would release it in full in a heartbeat...not keep making up rubbish especially when at least 40 million people have already voted!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

The reason for your confusion is because you get your information from the guardian.

Please link me to an overview of the scandal - I don't care what source

Oh there is always new evidence! There is always a smoking gun....it is always 2 weeks away! There was a second laptop they said at some stage lol

It's laughable really.

If they had any evidence whatsoever they would release it in full in a heartbeat...not keep making up rubbish especially when at least 40 million people have already voted!

wasn't it 3 laptops handed in to the shop?

• Advertisement

It's good to know that 50 former intelligence personnel are Democrats and have guessed this 'sounds like' something Russia would do. It's not very interesting and they aren't in on any insider info?
    Democrats?!....You didn't even read the story did you? Lol

The former Trump administration officials who signed the letter include Russ Travers, who served as National Counterterrorism Center acting director; Glenn Gerstell, the former NSA general counsel; Rick Ledgett, the former deputy NSA director; Marc Polymeropoulos, a retired CIA senior operations officer; and Cynthia Strand, who served as the CIA’s deputy assistant director for global issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

"Let's see what happens..."

Perfectly sums up Trumps presidency.

No facts, logic or plan.

Why not 4?! Why not 5?!?
    Sure the legally blind trump supporter who runs the shop said the man said he was Hunter Biden...

It is honestly bizarre it shows how desperate the Trump campaign has got.

Why not 4?! Why not 5?!?
    Sure the legally blind trump supporter who runs the shop said the man said he was Hunter Biden...

it was a genuine question.

8-10 wrote: »
    Please link me to an overview of the scandal - I don't care what source
    This gives a decent overview.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/10/hunter-biden-hard-drive-everything-we-know.html

It is really Qanon level pizza gate guff

Last made up story I heard said there was another laptop (so 2)... Usual rubbish

This gives a decent overview.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/10/hunter-biden-hard-drive-everything-we-know.html

It is really Qanon level pizza gate guff

If you want a different perspective:

If you want a different perspective:

An opinion piece with zero evidence from Sky news which is run by Trump's mate..."different perspective" lol

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Obama sounds under pressure

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

The original story was that "Hunter Biden" brought 3 Laptops to the shop to be repaired as a result of water damage , 2 were determined to be beyond repair but a 3rd was repairable/recoverable.

Yet another "Hang of a minute" moment in a series of them for anyone with even the slightest knowledge of computers.

How exactly did the Blind repair man make this determination about these 2 laptops in the few minutes that "Hunter Biden" was in the shop, before he sent him away to buy an external drive for the data recovery.

If the purpose was data recovery how on earth did a quick glance at these laptops determine that they were goosed but fortuitously the one with all the "good stuff" on it was able to be recovered.

BTW - What Computer repair shop doesn't have External drives or USB's keys etc. for sale onsite?

Or are we expected to believe that "Hunter Biden" reckoned he could save a few quid by going to Best Buy or Fry's so left and came back instead?

Like I said , yet another in a massive list of "Hang on , that doesn't really make sense" moments this whole story creates.

One or two you could process and move on with the substantive elements , but there's a procession of them and for us to believe the provenance of the data , all of them have to be true, and the laws of probability just are not in their favour here.

• Advertisement

Obama sounds under pressure
    BS.
    He was great, spoke extremely eloquently as usual.
    A world of difference from the incumbent.

Democrats?!....You didn't even read the story did you? Lol

The former Trump administration officials who signed the letter include Russ Travers, who served as National Counterterrorism Center acting director; Glenn Gerstell, the former NSA general counsel; Rick Ledgett, the former deputy NSA director; Marc Polymeropoulos, a retired CIA senior operations officer; and Cynthia Strand, who served as the CIA’s deputy assistant director for global issues.

Are they Democrats or Republicans though? I honestly don't know but I assume if they are trying to contradict the current Director of National Intelligence's categorical statement that it is not Russian disinformation then they should be involved in the investigation, which they are not. I concluded then that it is politically motivated. I'd say most are democrats and some might be Republicans who don't like Trump.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    The original story was that "Hunter Biden" brought 3 Laptops to the shop to be repaired as a result of water damage , 2 were determined to be beyond repair but a 3rd was repairable/recoverable.

Yet another "Hang of a minute" moment in a series of them for anyone with even the slightest knowledge of computers.

How exactly did the Blind repair man make this determination about these 2 laptops in the few minutes that "Hunter Biden" was in the shop, before he sent him away to buy an external drive for the data recovery.

If the purpose was data recovery how on earth did a quick glance at these laptops determine that they were goosed but fortuitously the one with all the "good stuff" on it was able to be recovered.

BTW - What Computer repair shop doesn't have External drives or USB's keys etc. for sale onsite?

Or are we expected to believe that "Hunter Biden" reckoned he could save a few quid by going to Best Buy or Fry's so left and came back instead?

Like I said , yet another in a massive list of "Hang on , that doesn't really make sense" moments this whole story creates.

One or two you could process and move on with the substantive elements , but there's a procession of them and for us to believe the provenance of the data , all of them have to be true, and the laws of probability just are not in their favour here.

thank you for the reasonable response. I knew 3 laptops had been mentioned at some point.

BS.
    He was great, spoke extremely eloquently as usual.
    A world of difference from the incumbent.

Nice words, bad deeds.

Are they Democrats or Republicans though? I honestly don't know but I assume if they are trying to contradict the current Director of National Intelligence's categorical statement that it is not Russian disinformation then they should be involved in the investigation, which they are not. I concluded then that it is politically motivated. I'd say most are democrats and some might be Republicans who don't like Trump.

so you dont know their affiliations but you assume they must be democrats because they disagree with a trump appointee. you cant argue with logic like that.

vojiwox wrote: »
    "Let's see what happens..."

Perfectly sums up Trumps presidency.

No facts, logic or plan.
    "It's been said"
    "Many people have told me"
    "Trusted people say"
    "I am just putting it out there"
    "Good people on both sides"
    "Many excellent people"

Rinse and repeat...utter nonsense.

Trump ripped up the rule book with rubbish like this, but it has seriously backfired on him imo...the vast majority of people don't believe his constant stream of lies and nonsense anymore. Boy who cried wolf.

so you dont know their affiliations but you assume they must be democrats because they disagree with a trump appointee. you cant argue with logic like that.

They have no basis for this apart from their own opinion on what has been reported. And yes, if they are making a joint, public letter based on their own suppositions then it is a politically motivated intervention.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,977 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

They have no basis for this apart from their own opinion on what has been reported. And yes, if they are making a joint, public letter based on their own suppositions then it is a politically motivated intervention.

They've probably got combined hundreds of years of experience in exactly this area. Hundreds. These aren't the typical #IMPOTUS administration appointees we're talking about here.

Plenty of basis to share their concerns. They're worried, and the sh1tshow that's succeeded them can't organize a p1ss up in a bathroom or whatever the colloquialism is here.

or maybe the DNI is talking bollix and they know it so they think the public has a right to know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭vojiwox

"It's been said"
    "Many people have told me"
    "Trusted people say"
    "I am just putting it out there"
    "Good people on both sides"
    "Many excellent people"

Rinse and repeat...utter nonsense.

Trump ripped up the rule book with rubbish like this, but it has seriously backfired on him imo...the vast majority of people don't believe his constant stream of lies and nonsense anymore. Boy who cried wolf.

Dont forget when it all goes to shiit.

"it is what it is"
    "I don't take responsibility at all"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement