Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,285 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Scotty # wrote: »
    According to Forbes and NYT he's still worth about $2.5B after all his debts.

how can they do that when nobody knows how much debt he owes?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

no, just the voice of somebody who realises what a ****ty individual Trump is and always has been. the truth of course is that biden would never kill anybody. Trump on the other hand, well, he probably wouldn't do it himself as he is too much of a coward.

Do you check for Trump in your closet and under your bed before you go to sleep at night?

that he is accused of writing off

it was included in the tax returns that were released and he hasn't disputed them.

how can they do that when nobody knows how much debt he owes?

I trust Forbes more than I trust you.

Do you check for Trump in your closet and under your bed before you go to sleep at night?

I said he was a ****ty individual. how does that translate into being afraid of him?

• Advertisement

it was included in the tax returns that were released and he hasn't disputed them.

Do you think he has an accountant or does he file his own returns?

Was it an elaborate scheme to use his hair to reduce his tax bill? Or maybe an accountant made an honest mistake? What's more plausible?

Do you think he has an accountant or does he file his own returns?

Was it an elaborate scheme to use his hair to reduce his tax bill? Or maybe an accountant made an honest mistake? What's more plausible?

they are his tax returns. he is responsible for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

biko wrote: »
    Quoted for posterity. The voice of a Biden supporter.

I'll repeat it as well.. you could commit horrible crimes against people, murder included and the chances are you would be a better candidate than Trump. His personality is terribly unfit to run for office as he is a very selfish individual. Morally speaking, there is no bar too low.

This statement does not make me a Biden supporter and is offered solely in the context of Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,851 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just to add to my earlier comment as regards Biden staying away from controversy because he wins if he does.

Same applies to everybody that wants him to win. Time to shut up and let them say what they want. It doesn't matter what they say, so long as it doesn't become a big dirty public brawl Biden wins.

My biggest concern would be Pelosi who can start mouthing at any time

km991148 wrote: »
    I'll repeat it as well.. you could commit horrible crimes against people, murder included and the chances are you would be a better candidate than Trump. His personality is terribly unfit to run for office as he is a very selfish individual. Morally speaking, there is no bar too low.

This statement does not make me a Biden supporter and is offered solely in the context of Trump.

Really selfish of him to want to make life better for the middle class and reignite the american dream.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    Just to add to my earlier comment as regards Biden staying away from controversy because he wins if he does.

Same applies to everybody that wants him to win. Time to shut up and let them say what they want. It doesn't matter what they say, so long as it doesn't become a big dirty public brawl Biden wins.

My biggest concern would be Pelosi who can start mouthing at any time

Ye. Trumps campaign is mainly about throwing sh!t (or fear or doubt) everywhere while making (mainly) false claims or boasts about himself.

Best not to play that game and get involved in Trump's narrative. Same happened with the second debate. Could have been plenty of scope to go on and on about Trump being afraid and chicken etc (and some Biden fans did.. who could blame them lol) but Biden camp just went ahead and organised the town hall etc. Keep moving, don't let the other side control the narrative.

Really selfish of him to want to make life better for the middle class and reignite the american dream.

That post is false equivalence mixed in with assertions that are probably not true.

I'll repeat (for prosperity?). Trump is a horrible and selfish individual and he cares about no one other than himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,495 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

RIGOLO wrote: »
    or the home of someone who the left loonies have been saying is an unsuccessfull buisness man ..

ahh look at the squalor that the man who the left claim is a bad buisnessman lives in ...

I can see the adverts for Harvard MBA program... bad at business, living in gold plated squalor, come do our MBA and we will help to move you into better surroundings.

As Trump sits on a gold plated chair, on a Voske rug, overlooking a Manhattan skyline, he tells an aide, pull up one of those gold plated armchairs and lets talk about this article saying Im a bad businessman...

All bought with his Daddy's money.

or the home of someone who the left loonies have been saying is an unsuccessfull buisness man ..

ahh look at the squalor that the man who the left claim is a bad buisnessman lives in ...

I can see the adverts for Harvard MBA program... bad at business, living in gold plated squalor, come do our MBA and we will help to move you into better surroundings.

As Trump sits on a gold plated chair, on a Voske rug, overlooking a Manhattan skyline, he tells an aide, pull up one of those gold plated armchairs and lets talk about this article saying Im a bad businessman...

There's been plenty of people who have lived in luxury that seemed like great business men but weren't. Bernie Madoff for example or anyone who created that financial crisis. Trump isn't even visibly a good business man, he's just got a load of loans that have kept him going.

And since we are quoting for prosperity!

I am quoting this as a typical example of how these responses usually go. Your assertion that he wants to makes life better for anyone is completely unprovable when it comes to characters like trump. His word rarely consistently match his actions. He isn't exactly someone to do anything for others and he is too busy stirring shyte in order to win a being awsonest president (in his mind) while failing to do any of the hard word that real leadership requires (diplomacy, planning, reasoned thought, compassion etc etc etc)

km991148 wrote: »
    And since we are quoting for prosperity!

I am quoting this as a typical example of how these responses usually go. Your assertion that he wants to makes life better for anyone is completely unprovable when it comes to characters like trump. His word rarely consistently match his actions. He isn't exactly someone to do anything for others and he is too busy stirring shyte in order to win a being awsonest president (in his mind) while failing to do any of the hard word that real leadership requires (diplomacy, planning, reasoned thought, compassion etc etc etc)

You prefer words over actions?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭8-10

He had 4 years to make America great again

It's worse now

The people can now vote on a referendum of his leadership

Don't mistake a Presidential election that includes an incumbent for a genuine election of choice. It is and always has been a referendum on the incumbent's performance.

I think Biden would have been a poor candidate in 2016, but this year he just has to be not Trump.

People think that this is somehow a new thing, it's actually always been like this and these elections are decided solely by the incumbent, not the challenger

I think Biden wins easily

8-10 wrote: »
    He had 4 years to make America great again

It's worse now

The people can now vote on a referendum of his leadership

Don't mistake a Presidential election that includes an incumbent for a genuine election of choice. It is and always has been a referendum on the incumbent's performance.

I think Biden would have been a poor candidate in 2016, but this year he just has to be not Trump.

People think that this is somehow a new thing, it's actually always been like this and these elections are decided solely by the incumbent, not the challenger

I think Biden wins easily

Did you miss the whole pandemic happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,119 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

That depends..
    if you expereinced NY in the 70s or early 80s you loved him and still do. You saw what it was like and you recognised someone who cleaned up the filth, and put some life into the place . For want of a better word.. he was a 'god' in that city for decades .

O.K. Wiggles, even for YOU that's complete nonsense. I *did* experience NYC having grown up there through the 70's and 80's. DJT did NOTHING for NYC. Zip, zero, nada. 2 mayors in that era and a bit later did something - Ed Koch, and Rudy Giuiliani. DJT was fecking off to AC to lose money.
    If you grew up in the 90s or 2000s, you take all that for granted, the gentrification the safe neighbourhoods, the harbour, restauraunts , Time Sq and have 'cancelled' the work he did that led to all of that as you swallow the 24x7 tds bile.

Work he did? Sorry, you're just making it up at this point. He was largely gone from the NYC scene by the 90's and in the 2000's off the Hollywood for the Apprentice and Russia for money
    So you have a different opinion.
    Its Montypythonesue .. what have the romans (Trump) ever done for us..and for aqueduct you have plenty of equivalents.
    It is Pythonesque, and you're being blinkered philistine pig-ignorant. What you have, is the worst case of Trump Obsession Syndrome on Boards. Trump by any definition of success and failure as POTUS, is a failure.

DJT has only ever done for DJT.

We are seeing the fruition of a entitled self absorbed generation who were spoilt and dont understand hsitory or realities or whats required to get somethign done.

I dont take anyone who says he is a bad buisnessman seriously. Its not even debatable, what he did in NY and did thru the 90s to where he was before running for election is almost unparralleled.
    You mean, the bankruptcies? You don't understand anything about economics (cf. the Hank Paulson questions you run away from) or business (only Russia and China lend to Trump it seems - why won't US banks loan him money?)
    (cue the posts with examples of a Trump failed business ... you see like I said they dont understand realities... near every succesfull buisness man has had failures and continues to have them)

Hey, the #IMPOTUS has bankrupted plenty of businesses and now the country, while helping aid the unnecessary deaths of hundreds of thousands of his fellow citizens, without a drip of sympathy.

Successful. *rofl*

It appears trump did as well. he considered it a hoax and did nothing. he continued to hold mass rallies with no precautions and even got himself infected through his own ignorance.

• Advertisement

Did you miss the largest trade deficit ever with China, pre-pandemic?

astrofool wrote: »
    Did you miss the largest trade deficit ever with China, pre-pandemic?

You want greater economic dependence on what is probably the most evil government in the world right now?

No, the voters will take his performance in relation to that into account also

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

It appears trump did as well. he considered it a hoax and did nothing. he continued to hold mass rallies with no precautions and even got himself infected through his own ignorance.

This sentence will be in the history texts our great great grand children will be studying.

Along with a hologram of Trump dancing to YMCA.

This sentence will be in the history texts our great great grand children will be studying.

Along with a hologram of Trump dancing to YMCA.

that dancing video disturbed me. his feet didn't move once. who dances without moving their feet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,119 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Somewhere saw some reporting that these Nuremberg rallies are the only mass gatherings going on in the US right now. No concerts, major sporting events (that aren't socially distancing and requiring masks, like the current Baseball World Series). So, #IMPOTUS just killing more people for fun and as he hopes, profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

that dancing video disturbed me. his feet didn't move once. who dances without moving their feet?

Me

Igotadose wrote: »
    in the 2000's off the Hollywood for the Apprentice

In fairness nearly all of the Apprentice was based in NYC. They only did 1 season in California and it turned into a weird Big Brother thing where the losing team had to sleep in tents in the garden after a task

salmocab wrote: »
    Me

weirdo :D

• Advertisement

You want greater economic dependence on what is probably the most evil government in the world right now?

I don't think you understand what trade deficit means, but yes, I agree with you, the Chinese successfully reducing their dependence on the evil Trump regime is a good thing for them.

Anymore of Biden's policies you want to list as praiseworthy?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement