Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, Ultimate battle for the fate of our universe (pt 3)Read OP 01/11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,213 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Scotty # wrote: »
    According to Forbes and NYT he's still worth about $2.5B after all his debts.

You do realise that those Forbes figures aren't independently verified and are sometimes just the figure that the person submits with no supporting documents

• Registered Users Posts: 13,140 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

8-10 wrote: »
    In fairness nearly all of the Apprentice was based in NYC. They only did 1 season in California and it turned into a weird Big Brother thing where the losing team had to sleep in tents in the garden after a task

Aha. Having never watched an episode, I thought it was filmed there.

Anyway, claiming the #IMPOTUS did anything at all FOR nyc is fatuous. He did for himself. Period. NYC did better when tech started to boom, jobs increased and crime dropped. Trump had nothing to do with any of this. Madness to suggest otherwise.

Oh, and having grown up there, an anecdote: My brother worked the copy desk at the NY Post and the NY Daily News from the mid-70's through mid-1980's. During the '80s at the Post, Steve Dunleavy (a 'society' columnist that Murdoch brought in when he bought the post), would run interference for Trump at the Copy Desk, basically, he would regularly come by, hobnob with the copy writers like my brother, and kill stories about Trump or get them changed. Totally corrupt stuff when you think about it. But, my brother was able to get an autograph of Dunleavy from me and an autographed copy of a book he wrote , "The Very First Lady." I no longer have either and Dunleavy passed away a number of years ago.

Trump apparently did embarrassing things at places like Studio '54 that got covered up in media. No surprise, Trump himself has alluded to his adventures from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,854 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

This #impotus tag is so stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

eagle eye wrote: »

bigly

• Registered Users Posts: 40,288 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

many people are saying so.

• Advertisement

many people are saying so.
    It applies to more than one POTUS which makes it stupid.

It applies to more than one POTUS which makes it stupid.

everybody knows who it refers to. There is no misunderstanding over who #Impotus is. and you really need to look up the streisand effect

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

Really selfish of him to want to make life better for the middle class and reignite the american dream.
    km991148 wrote: »
    And since we are quoting for prosperity!

I am quoting this as a typical example of how these responses usually go. Your assertion that he wants to makes life better for anyone is completely unprovable when it comes to characters like trump. His word rarely consistently match his actions. He isn't exactly someone to do anything for others and he is too busy stirring shyte in order to win a being awsonest president (in his mind) while failing to do any of the hard word that real leadership requires (diplomacy, planning, reasoned thought, compassion etc etc etc)
    You prefer words over actions?

Do you like asking irrelevant questions? What does that mean?

I'm trying to understand where you are coming from. I can only assume you are under the impression that trump is a man of action and he does what he says.
    If that is your assumption then let's start there, because I challenge that.
    He says that he needs to to get out of a hole and rarely follows through with any action.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,584 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I had always assumed IMPOTUS was a play on impotence, rather than impeachement.:o

Still though, nothing is better than SCROTUS, which was floating round 4 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

osarusan wrote: »
    I had always assumed IMPOTUS was a play on impotence, rather than impeachement.:o

Still though, nothing is better than SCROTUS, which was floating round 4 years ago.

It's all really stupid.

• Advertisement

everybody knows who it refers to. There is no misunderstanding over who #Impotus is. and you really need to look up the streisand effect
    It applies to more than one POTUS donuts stupid.

Also the word Trump is better I think. It's massively hated.

A lengthy read on how, at the urging of the #IMPOTUS, Foxconn 'conned' the state of Wisconsin taxpayers into spending hundreds of millions of dollars on illusory businesses. Pretty much surreal experience - buildings rented, never equipped, employees with no work to do, empty shells of buildings. And apparently this is something Foxconn did worldwide regularly.

I have a feeling banging on about this in Wisconsin might sway the voting away from the #IMPOTUS.

https://www.theverge.com/21507966/foxconn-empty-factories-wisconsin-jobs-loophole-trump

Igotadose wrote:
    A lengthy read on how, at the urging of the #IMPOTUS, Foxconn 'conned' the state of Wisconsin taxpayers into spending hundreds of millions of dollars on illusory businesses. Pretty much surreal experience - buildings rented, never equipped, employees with no work to do, empty shells of buildings. And apparently this is something Foxconn did worldwide regularly.
    Why are you bringing up Clinton?

Come again? The events described all start in 2017.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

So , Rudi does it again, saying the quiet parts out loud.

Having already admitted that he used the New York Post , because they wouldn't do stuff like validate the information , he now says this.
    Even if Hunter Laptop Story ‘Isn’t Accurate,’ Americans ‘Are Entitled to Know It’

So , went to the NYP to avoid actual journalistic fact checking and wants the story out there even if it isn't true.

Yep... Building a solid story there Rudi.

Igotadose wrote:
    Come again? The events described all start in 2017.
    #impotus, is that not Bill Clinton?

Like if it's an original tag then it's Clinton right?

#impotus, is that not Bill Clinton?

Like if it's an original tag then it's Clinton right?

Interpret my posts however you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,496 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

#IMPOTUS == Trump

I don't think anyone else is as confused as you are, sometimes being "technically" correct is not the best kind of correct (especially as twitter wasn't around in the Clinton years).

It's also a play on words given the flaccidness of little Donald's presidency so far (which is also a play on how narcissistic he is as most other politicians don't really pay attention to being made fun of, while it seems to make Donny's little hands shrivel up real tight).

When someone uses #POTUS, do you ask them about Washington?

astrofool wrote:
    #IMPOTUS == Trump

I don't think anyone else is as confused by you, sometimes being "technically" correct is not the best kind of correct (especially as twitter wasn't around in the Clinton years).

It's also a play on words given the flaccidness of little Donald's presidency so far (which is also a play on how narcissistic he is as most other politicians don't really pay attention to being made fun of, while it seems to make Donny's little hands shrivel up real tight).
    There are two Presidents who were impeached by Congress. There's nothing original about it. It's completely stupid. And why would you replace Trump with a nickname? It's a hated name because of Donald Trump.

And if you wanted to have a #, I think they are all stupid and should only be used on the site of the stupid that is Twitter, why not use #lyingPOtuS?

And those two small letters are there on purpose

It applies to more than one POTUS donuts stupid.

Also the word Trump is better I think. It's massively hated.

dont accuse me of being stupid. The hashtag was coined for trump. even the stupid know that.

• Advertisement

dont accuse me of being stupid. The hashtag was coined for trump. even the stupid know that.
    I said thay #impotus is stupid, not you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,496 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

There are two Presidents who were impeached by Congress. There's nothing original about it. It's completely stupid. And why would you replace Trump with a nickname? It's a hated name because of Donald Trump.

And if you wanted to have a #, I think they are all stupid and should only be used on the site of the stupid that is Twitter, why not use #lyingPOtuS?

And those two small letters are there on purpose

I think you and Trump would get on well, he argues up is down too.

I mean, really, if you want to go after hashtags, twitter et al, then there's plenty of places on the internet to fight that cause.

For now, anytime you don't say Trump directly, everyone can ask you which president did you mean.

You can disagree with the play on words that is IMPOTUS, but it has taken hold, I think I explained the reasons why it's used clearly (I'm not a particular fan of it). Feel free to disagree and move on with your life.

astrofool wrote: »
    #IMPOTUS == Trump

I don't think anyone else is as confused as you are, sometimes being "technically" correct is not the best kind of correct (especially as twitter wasn't around in the Clinton years).

the #IMPOTUS hashtag works on many levels.

astrofool wrote:
    I mean, really, if you want to go after hashtags, twitter et al, then there's plenty of places on the internet to fight that cause.
    You are telling me to go somewhere else to complain about Twitter but you are using Twitter hastags on boards.ie and I shouldn't discuss how stupid they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,172 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

RIGOLO wrote: »
    Like the say
    Trump is the only one who has signed the FRONT of the cheque.
    His detractors in Washington , the dems , Biden etc have only been signing the back.

People have always been asking the wrong question
    The question isnt why has a billionaire chosen to become the 45th POTUS .
    The real question to be asked is how did career politicians like Pelosi, Feinstien, Biden, Maxine Waters who have never 'worked' a day in their lifes amass multi-million dollar portfolios and net worth.

He’s not a billionaire

• Registered Users Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I’d imagine a reason the IMPOTUS thing stuck is that calling people names is the level that he operates at. It wouldn’t have stuck to anyone else in this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

astrofool wrote: »
    #IMPOTUS == Trump

Oh It's a multilayered deeply sophisticated attack! At least we can understand why it is used in every second post while anyone who pushes back against anything Trump-related are all cast as cultists. You have your own little language that you have built up amongst yourself, it's bizarre. I remember there was one poster who always wrote like Sean Hannity, 'Shiffty Schiff' etc., that is what it sounds like.

Would the thread be any better to read if everyone did that? If every time you made a point you got all that Hannity style sh!te in return. It's just tiring and even if it was clever the first time, do you know people who repeat the same digs, jokes over and over again?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

It's all really stupid.

Its up there with Pocahontas, sleepy joe, shift schiff;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

RIGOLO wrote: »
    So your calling the wonder of French Louis XIV architectural masterpiece Versailles Hall Of Mirrors .. cheap !
    Thats interesting ..

Ive done a bit of gold plating in my life, some small bits of furniture and frames. Have you ?
    Its pretty expensive for the material , but the real cost is for the expertise they charge a fortune.
    Nothing cheap about it.

The left TDS is always finding new ways to alter reality .. they now claim that a gold plated 50th floor penthouse suite in Manhattan is cheap or tasteles.

Anyways I can see littles changed here, lots of money to be made before election day and nothing any of us can do about the election result. Its been a blast for 4 years. May the best ballot harversters win (joke)

You don't understand what analogy means, do you?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,309 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

do you know people who repeat the same digs, jokes over and over again?

Well Trump

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement