Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Addresspal will open it and return it if there is a LI battery in it. It’s on their prohibited list.

And you would have to pay 20% UK Vat, and at least 23% Irish VAT, if not Duty as well.

Post edited by whiterebel on

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Cheers I won't be doing that then. Might head up north and get I argos instead

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Hey folks. Anyone else noticing that Amazon are increasingly not delivering to Ireland? I keep getting the "cannot deliver to your address" message, often on Amazon's own items. Happened with the Ring camera and various other bits over the last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Kochanek

Most Stuff ROI Customers Order off AmazonUK or AmazonDe is Shipped from their Warehouse in Baldonnell Dublin. I know this because I work there for 2 years. I think if you order from UK Site you are somtimes Customs charged & Shipping fee. Stupid really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭NewClareman

I tried to buy a Roomba i7 from Amazon.de Warehouse. It will ship to Ireland but the 30% discount is not applied. Has anyone found a workaround for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Antipathetic

Sorry if this has been covered before but I bought a second hand motherboard through Amazon. It was sold directly by them on the German website.

The problem however, is there are a few bent pins in the CPU socket clearly this is the reason why it was returned and Amazon didn't even bother to check it properly since you could clearly see the bent pins and the plastic cover that usually covers the CPU socket on a new board was out of place.

I'll admit, I haven't spoken to a customer service rep at Amazon just used the online section of my orders to request a refund giving damaged or faulty item as a reason.

Amazon expect me to pay for the return shipping and they will refund me up to €11, it was my understanding and for what it is worth, I have also confirmed with chat GPT that if item is faulty I should not have to pay anything for returning the item.

Don't let the terrorists in Israel win. Please donate to UNRWA now!

https://donate.unrwa.org/-landing-page/en_EN

Yes, unfortunately I've noticed that quite a lot myself recently if I remember correctly it was on items that contain batteries.

Perhap someone can confirm if Amazon in the UK has stopped shipping items with batteries abroad?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,443 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I got packs of batteries, if that counts, last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It is lithium batteries that are the issue. Normal AA and AAA type batteries are fine.

• Advertisement

We'll see how true to their word Amazon is.

Is it just me or have Amazon stop shipping most items in boxes and instead are opting for paper envelopes instead?

Being cynical I could see this as being a move to make returns harder as you don't have a box to reuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

You can't trust Amazon to have any sensible policy on packaging.

Certainly had a few paper envelopes recently but also had small items in huge boxes.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I thought the huge warehouse they opened in Ireland would result in a better service, but it's been worse! Hope Amazon.ie is on the hoirzon...

I don't see why they can't indicate items that are in stock in Dublin?

Also why-tf don't they stock Lithium Batteries? From their own statistics (or are they lies?) they know the Amazon best sellers so why don't they make the effort to stock those items in Dublin?

The Irish market isn't big enough to warrant an Amazon.ie or separate stock listings.

But they know where their stock is stored so they could easily highlight that for any customers that have an Irish delivery address set as default.

I repeat, not worth the effort for the size of the Irish sales.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I have definitely seen a warning on some items that they don't deliver to my default address so they do it for some items.

There's a difference between saying an item is not deliverable to an entered delivery address and defaulting to indicating if an item is held in Dublin or not. Amazon UK, and their ,marketplace sellers, deal with countries other than Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I ordered a household item yesterday for a family member in rural Ireland, said delivery Thursday, grand. Delivered 10am this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I refused delivery of an item a few weeks ago as suggested by Amazon as it was too late to cancel an order. Do I need to get in touch with them about a refund or will that automatically happen? The tracker is showing as refused by customer and now delivered to Portlaoise Mail Centre. Anyone here who has refused a delivery before remember the process? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭dohouch

I did a few week back for same reason. I took about 7 days for money to get back, but during Christmas period so a bit of patience. I did not have to do anything my side.

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

It takes a while to get back to them when you refuse delivery, probably longer at this time of the year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Thanks, was assuming it would be slower with Christmas alright but thought I’d check in case I was mistaken in just waiting for something to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Anyone have experience of this issue?

Relative living in US orders items (children's presents) from Amazon.com for delivery to her parents' address in Ireland.

She gets the eircode wrong and includes her own married name on the label rather than her parents' names.

Didn't arrive. Disappointed children.

The mother chased it up with local An Post sorting office who told her that they sent it back to the US as they couldn't work out who it was for.

Will Amazon just refund when it eventually makes it way back or will they contact the person who made the order and ask for an alternative address?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Sometimes Amazon are peculiar with returns. They have tried insisting in the past that they would refund when they receive it at their own premises in Dunfermline, which could be months after receipt in Port Laois. I'd get on to their Customer Service to ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Still trying to figure that one out.

I wanted to order 12 batteries on Amazon UK along with a few other items, and not allowed, yet I am allowed to order the original product that comes with the exact same 12 batteries.

From a UK Courier company

“Can lithium batteries be sent on their own through the post?

No – you are not able to send lithium batteries on their own through domestic or international post.

You can only send lithium batteries in the UK or international post only when they’re contained in a device.

They must be packed in a strong rigid outer packaging unless when contained in equipment, the battery is afforded equivalent protection by the equipment in which it is contained“

Amazon seem to treat all batteries as Lithium Ion to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Firesticks seem to be reduced on the Amazon.es website currently. Has anyone used a Spanish equivalent of Mailboxde before that they could recommend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I bought a some items from Amazon UK and want to return a few but Amazon had split up the single order into 2 orders, so some of the items are in one order, and some in the other.

I want to return them in a single box, so is the approach that you stick both return labels on the outside?

Advertisement