Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixel 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

It's my first pixel (had a nexus 4 years ago), maybe pixel exclusive? Not noticed it before with previous phones, even those running pixel experience.

Seems useful! I do miss some features from pixel experience that the various developers added. None of which I could make right now :rolleyes: mostly minor little things.

It’s part of the digital wellbeing thing, think it goes back to the Pixel 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Anyone with eir mobile?

What's the 5G like? I'm with 48 now on the €7.99 a month but find data is very slow. Half tempted to jump to eir with the current €20 a month 5G SIMO offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

SachaJ wrote: »
    Anyone with eir mobile?

What's the 5G like? I'm with 48 now on the €7.99 a month but find data is very slow. Half tempted to jump to eir with the current €20 a month 5G SIMO offering.

They do not offer 5G on Sim Only, AFAIK, Vodafone do on their higher tier SIMO plan and Three do though it seems like you have to pay extra for 5G on it.

Edit: Actually they do, thats a very recent change as they didn't have that last week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Meesared wrote: »
    They do not offer 5G on Sim Only, AFAIK, Vodafone do on their higher tier SIMO plan and Three do though it seems like you have to pay extra for 5G on it.

Edit: Actually they do, thats a very recent change as they didn't have that last week

And its the cheapest 5G offering currently.

• Advertisement

Depending on how much Threes add on is, yeah seems like it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Panda5000

Sage Pixel 5 available to order right now on Google store. Triggered my page monitor, although I have a black one now.

Edit: Aaaaaaand it's gone.

Depending on how much Threes add on is, yeah seems like it!

€5 extra I believe. Not going to bother jumping up to 5G just yet. On a rolling contract, and on WiFi 80% of the time anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Panda5000 wrote: »
    Sage Pixel 5 available to order right now on Google store. Triggered my page monitor, although I have a black one now.

Edit: Aaaaaaand it's gone.

I'd be interested to see if anyone here got one of these, what their estimated delivery date is.

I ordered one on the 4th and it's still estimated for Nov 10-11th. Very interested to see if they have more in stock, or just more stock allocated for a future shipment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Panda5000

My monitor for the Google store is jumping on and off. Either stock being drip fed or people not completing purchases. Worth checking if anyone is waiting to order from there.

Glad I went with Vodafone, next day dispatch. Unlocked, using my GoMo SIM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭skodacb

Money has finally been retaken ordered October 4th which delivery scheduled for the 10th to 11th of November hopefully I'll have it this week going well

skodacb wrote: »
    Money has finally been retaken ordered October 4th which delivery scheduled for the 10th to 11th of November hopefully I'll have it this week going well

Which colour is that? Still nothing on my order from September 30th.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Which colour is that? Still nothing on my order from September 30th.

Sorry should have mentioned it's the Sorta Sage.

My order status however still says the same at the moment not yet dispatched.

My money is being taken again as well, just checked the credit card and it's pending again. So I'm guessing postage to possibly occur tomorrow then!

Sorta Sage order as well.

:(

I ordered on the 4th too, for a Black one though.
    Money is still resting in my account

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

Same here, I ordered a Just Black on Oct 4 and they haven't taken money from my account yet and I'm still waiting for it to be dispatched. My estimated shipping date is 18-19 but I'm praying it won't be that long because that's pretty ridiculous if true.

By the way, I saw a user on Reddit mention that there was a deadline of 45 days after the purchase date to claim the headphones. I know of the 14 day after purchase claims window but that's the first I've heard of a deadline! I asked on Google Support earlier today but the person I was talking too wasn't helpful at all and kept on copying and pasting the info that's already on their website and telling me to wait for a dispatch notification. It's all pretty head wrecking.

Phat Cat wrote: »
    Same here, I ordered a Just Black on Oct 4 and they haven't taken money from my account yet and I'm still waiting for it to be dispatched. My estimated shipping date is 18-19 but I'm praying it won't be that long because that's pretty ridiculous if true.

By the way, I saw a user on Reddit mention that there was a deadline of 45 days after the purchase date to claim the headphones. I know of the 14 day after purchase claims window but that's the first I've heard of a deadline! I asked on Google Support earlier today but the person I was talking too wasn't helpful at all and kept on copying and pasting the info that's already on their website and telling me to wait for a dispatch notification. It's all pretty head wrecking.

It would be from the day you receive it, not the day you order. You haven't purchased it until you've paid. Regardless, you'll easily be able to claim in time. A lot of people here ordered the headphones as soon as the phone was shipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

It would be from the day you receive it, not the day you order. You haven't purchased it until you've paid. Regardless, you'll easily be able to claim in time. A lot of people here ordered the headphones as soon as the phone was shipped.

I checked out the promotion page just there and it clearly states that you'll need to submit your claim for the headphones within 45 days of the order date.
    14 days from the order date before submitting your claim.
    When the wait period is over, submit your claim (select United Kingdom or Ireland) for your free Bose QC 35 II headphones. You'll need to do this within 45 days of the order date.

Phat Cat wrote: »
    I checked out the promotion page just there and it clearly states that you'll need to submit your claim for the headphones within 45 days of the order date.

I wouldn't worry about it. I spoke to customer care a while back, and they said as long as you ordered within the dates stated, you'd get the headphones. I'd expect yours will get shipped in the next batch of black ones.

I'm already at 25 days since my pre-order, and I'm not concerned.

dar83 wrote: »
    My money is being taken again as well, just checked the credit card and it's pending again. So I'm guessing postage to possibly occur tomorrow then!

Sorta Sage order as well.
    Still no update on mine, though mines a Black one, ordered mine on September 30th

• Advertisement

Still no update on mine, though mines a Black one, ordered mine on September 30th

Hopefully you'll see movement this week with more batches being shipped from Foxconn.

I just checked my order and I can no longer cancel so it looks certain I will have delivery this week.

Just got my dispatched notice! Delivery tomorrow or Wednesday according to their estimates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

I ordered 2nd Black on 16th October and the cancel option was gone this morning and payment taken now. So expecting this week. Estimate was last week of November.

dan786 wrote: »
    I ordered 2nd Black on 16th October and the cancel option was gone this morning and payment taken now. So expecting this week. Estimate was last week of November.

Man, that's crazy. I ordered black more than 2 weeks before then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

My 1st Black one ordered on 4th was delivered last week.

Not got anything here either :(

Did anyone order and pay with Revolut?

After almost 2 hours on live chat, with escalation to other teams etc, I've been told that my order from September 30th was cancelled and I need to contact my financial institution. Weird, because I was never told there was an issue with payment, and haven't been contacted by Google or Revolut. Plenty of funds available as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭cassette50

I'm in the same boat, ordered on the same date and waiting for the money to be taken.

So many better phones released in the meantime but my main reason for purchasing the Pixel is the camera.

cassette50 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat, ordered on the same date and waiting for the money to be taken.

So many better phones released in the meantime but my main reason for purchasing the Pixel is the camera.

I dunno. It's a weird one. Order doesn't say cancelled on the store. No email to say it was cancelled. Revolut told me a payment request from them wasn't rejected.....yet they are telling me the order was cancelled on October 7th.

• Advertisement

Did anyone order and pay with Revolut?

After almost 2 hours on live chat, with escalation to other teams etc, I've been told that my order from September 30th was cancelled and I need to contact my financial institution. Weird, because I was never told there was an issue with payment, and haven't been contacted by Google or Revolut. Plenty of funds available as well.

Ordered and paid with Revolut which is connected to Google Pay, I made sure I used the proper card(physical) not the disposable ones and had no issue with them taking pre-authorization, returning it 7 days later and then taking it from my account again yesterday.

Advertisement