Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Utterly Stupid and Ridiculous 'Inventions' that are only pure waste of money

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Actually have just spent the last 30 minutes browsing the Louis Vuitton site.

What an unadulterated pile of **** the clobber on there is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Those airpod style headphones. You look like a wanker from 10 years ago with a bluetooth earpiece for taking calls.

Actually I used to think this but they are very practical. Good for running and you don't spent stupid amounts of time untying knots from the cabling.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Thigh master.

Really really light weights. There is no point.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Actually have just spent the last 30 minutes browsing the Louis Vuitton site.

What an unadulterated pile of **** the clobber on there is.
    They keep the good stuff for 'certain customers' we can't afford it.

Its usually the stuff without a visable logo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭NSAman

Almond Milk...

They simply call it Almond milk cause few would buy it if it was called “ Nut Juice”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Airpods. Bluetooth in general isn't great for sound quality but there have been vastly better options for wireless headphones/earphones for years now. Well done, you bought mediocre apple ear phones without a wire and look like you yet again couldn't think for yourself. Same with anyone who gets the new iPhone year in and year out.

Expensive branded gym wear, you're there to get a sweat on, not look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

55485711e99f590c2adc8fc7-large.jpg?cache_buster=6c4d08848937d8b45c1935f731073a45

'2 PCS Mop Slippers Lazy Quick House Floor Polishing Dusting Cleaning Foot Socks Shoe lovers shoes(color random)'

$1

Sh*t like this should be banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

seamus wrote: »
    The ones that annoy me are usually something that basically does nothing new, but convinces people they need it while charges several multiples of the price of another product.

Nutribullet, for example. It's a blender specifically for blending individual portions of food, and costs anywhere from 3 to ten times more than a normal blender. For no reason at all. A standard blender will do everything a Nutribullet does, plus it will also make large batches of food. For a fraction of the price.

Have to disagree on the Nutri-bullet.

I just use it for making fruit drinks but it pulverises eveything, You could stick chicken bones in the mofo along with the kale and berries and they would be liquidised.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

xzanti wrote: »
    7 minute abs.
    I just invented 1 minute abs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,707 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

JML stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,855 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Funko Pops. Ugly blobs of plastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Dyson mattress vacuum. Used it like 2, 500e well spent...

Dyson vacuums are really poor products. Plasticky, gimmicky, a triumph of advertising and marketing over functionality and performance.

If you’ve bought one then you’ve fallen for the idea they are actually doing something different than other hoovers that cost a 3rd of the price.

They aren’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

pgj2015 wrote: »
    self driving cars

Not stupid or ridiculous in any way and will definitely happen in the future and will be safer than people driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Red Bull. Tastes rank, it's expensive. Nobody will ever touch the stuff.

Except the millions of people who drink it daily/regularly. I love the taste of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Everything in the middle isles in Aldi/Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭pgj2015

murpho999 wrote: »
    Not stupid or ridiculous in any way and will definitely happen in the future and will be safer than people driving.

yeah they have really proven themselves to be very safe so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,810 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

pgj2015 wrote: »
    yeah they have really proven themselves to be very safe so far.

What, like human drivers?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Banana holders.

457241IvhmLcsbL.jpg.jpg?1425086930

• Registered Users Posts: 14,315 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

tumblr_mfphk1v7Cp1rm4a7jo5_r1_400.gif
    I want to buy this :D

i bought one of these as a secret santa (after seeing one on the fargo tv series)

it wasnt appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭pgj2015

What, like human drivers?

Yes but there is something very scary about a machine doing something stupid and killing you. no control at all. some think self driving cars might never come to reality. im glad they are decades away anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

I drank an entire can just before a college exam many moons ago, thinking it would stimulate the body and mind.

The only thing it stimulated was my bladder, and I was bursting for a piss half-way through the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,494 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

'2 PCS Mop Slippers Lazy Quick House Floor Polishing Dusting Cleaning Foot Socks Shoe lovers shoes(color random)'

$1

Sh*t like this should be banned.

Wonder if I could get them on the dog, get the lazy beast to earn his keep?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

"New from JML"...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Democracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Bookies pencils

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

Dyson vacuums are really poor products. Plasticky, gimmicky, a triumph of advertising and marketing over functionality and performance.

If you’ve bought one then you’ve fallen for the idea they are actually doing something different than other hoovers that cost a 3rd of the price.

They aren’t.

The cordless ones are particularly ****. About the same sucking power as an asthmatic hooker punched in the solar plexus.

They aren’t.

I can’t comment on their plug in vacuums but cordless is the future and dyson come out on top every time in comparisons with others machines even ones that are more expensive (believe it or not there are more expensive ones).

Like Apple for some people dyson appear to have an irrational hate for dyson despite them making very good products.

Mighty through a double vodka though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

I can’t comment on their plug in vacuums but cordless is the future and dyson come out on top every time in comparisons with others machines even ones that are more expensive (believe it or not there are more expensive ones).

Like Apple for some people dyson appear to have an irrational hate for dyson despite them making very good products.

Comparing different cordless vacuums is like comparing a Trabant with a Lada.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Leaf blowers.....cant see the use of them other than to blow leaves and grass onto the road. So pointless!
    Also those little dishes that ppl use for used tea bags, just put them in the f*cking bin.

Advertisement