Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Utterly Stupid and Ridiculous 'Inventions' that are only pure waste of money

Options
  • 30-09-2020 1:37pm

Lately I've noticed a definite uptick in madcap ideas nearly all online.
    A sizable proportion begin with the line
    "Employee was fired for making this suggestion....he then went to to found his own thriving business" (Drones)
    "This is the highest product in demand for this ailment" ...
    "Exercise anywhere with this"...
    The latest one is for a "cool looking" pair of techie spectacles.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Red Bull. Tastes rank, it's expensive. Nobody will ever touch the stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The ones that annoy me are usually something that basically does nothing new, but convinces people they need it while charges several multiples of the price of another product.

Nutribullet, for example. It's a blender specifically for blending individual portions of food, and costs anywhere from 3 to ten times more than a normal blender. For no reason at all. A standard blender will do everything a Nutribullet does, plus it will also make large batches of food. For a fraction of the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dr. Steve Brule

Bargain Alerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

This thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭pgj2015

self driving cars

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

seamus wrote: »

Nutribullet, for example. It's a blender specifically for blending individual portions of food, and costs anywhere from 3 to ten times more than a normal blender. For no reason at all. A standard blender will do everything a Nutribullet does, plus it will also make large batches of food. For a fraction of the price.

Totally disagree sorry.... we have a blender , we bought a ninja blender , ... same as a nutrabullet.....

Love it !!!! Takes up feck all room on counter and easy peasy to clean ..... I use it all the time .... ice crusher , smoothies, making omelettes.....

If it was to break today I'd go straight out and buy another...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Webuser.

Half the crap on amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 12,247 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Webuser. wrote: »
    Half the crap on amazon

The other half

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,215 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Spiralizers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

7 minute abs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Totally disagree sorry.... we have a blender , we bought a ninja blender , ... same as a nutrabullet.....

Love it !!!! Takes up feck all room on counter and easy peasy to clean ..... I use it all the time .... ice crusher , smoothies, making omelettes.....

If it was to break today I'd go straight out and buy another...

+1

I use mine daily for smoothies. It came with a 500ml and 1ltr container too so plenty big enough to make 2 large smoothies and small enough to sit out if site on the counter but still there when needed.

I used to have a big blender but never used it as it was too big to leave out on the counter so in a press out of site out of mind.

The ease of clean is a big factor for me as well. Just so quick to clean, quick drain dry and back on the machine itself.

First world problems really but I’ve come to the conclusion in life that if it works for you do it regardless of the price to a certain extent.

What’s the point in buying a cheap item that does a similar job if you don’t use it

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭steve-o

Juicero. At least it died quickly.

xzanti wrote: »
    7 minute abs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭veryangryman

The other half

Did anyone else read this as "Calahonda's wife"

And see that it fitted the thread?

And laughed :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Dyson mattress vacuum. Used it like 2, 500e well spent...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,856 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

E voting machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

Subscription meditation apps such as Headspace and Calm.

I consider myself an advanced meditator at this stage, and all you need is a chair or mat, and an open and inquisitive mind.

If you do feel you need the support of a guided meditation then this app is free and does everything the others do only without the flashy graphics and cynical marketing: https://www.oakmeditation.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,306 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Selife sticks.

Like how many actual selfies are you gonna take that you think it's worth buying and carrying on your person that would make it a worthwhile investment. And it's not like you can just stick them in your pocket either just in case you need it unexpectedly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Definitely the invention of the word "uptick" which is everywhere now, including the OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Red Bull. Tastes rank, it's expensive. Nobody will ever touch the stuff.

I’d buy a can just to give the owner kudos. All his US execs were getting into all that woke shyte, he found out what they were up to and fired them all. Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,759 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

tumblr_mfphk1v7Cp1rm4a7jo5_r1_400.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Those airpod style headphones. You look like a wanker from 10 years ago with a bluetooth earpiece for taking calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

A spork.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,515 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Those airpod style headphones. You look like a wanker from 10 years ago with a bluetooth earpiece for taking calls.

Especially when you see they are clear fakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

AllForIt wrote: »
    Selife sticks.

Like how many actual selfies are you gonna take that you think it's worth buying and carrying on your person that would make it a worthwhile investment. And it's not like you can just stick them in your pocket either just in case you need it unexpectedly.

Say that to the Asians , Christ they love selfies and their selfie sticks

• Registered Users Posts: 81,515 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

tumblr_mfphk1v7Cp1rm4a7jo5_r1_400.gif
    I want to buy this :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Nexytus

Especially when you see they are clear fakes.

Whoever the **** is saying Kayleigh Byrnes AirPods are fake there poxy not so shutyizar mouths right!.. I have them AirPods and at the back of them it ****ing says apple AirPods get yizar ****ing facts right you’s big handicap SPAS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

VaginaMilk

Advertisement