Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Day - 13th/14th October 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Gru wrote: »
    i dealt with Jesus on Amazon chat before, if it's the same one he was really good and helpful! :D
    He's not the Messiah.. he's a very naughty boy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Neames wrote: »
    Went for a Fire 10....decided at that price it was worth a punt

Picked up a couple of cheap sd cards as well.

Went for fire plus 8 felt the extra GB was good the docking charger too , newer model

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Anyone notice amazon no longer giving 2 day delivery to Ireland or next day to Northern Ireland, however with addresspal same items showing as free next day delivery. Every item is minimum 1 week to Ireland and 3 days to N.I. No doubt slowing down dispatch of orders outside UK to help with processing UK orders quick, however were all paying 7.99 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭ted1

spix wrote: »
    Anyone notice amazon no longer giving 2 day delivery to Ireland or next day to Northern Ireland, however with addresspal same items showing as free next day delivery. Every item is minimum 1 week to Ireland and 3 days to N.I. No doubt slowing down dispatch of orders outside UK to help with processing UK orders quick, however were all paying 7.99 a month
    Ordered a tablet on Tuesday. And got it this morning.

Covid is causing trouble and delays. Staff need to isolate, can’t blame Amazon

ted1 wrote: »

But now check the same tablet, when is the estimated date?

Yes can blame Amazon. They are still giving guaranteed next day to UK. Instead of slowing down processing for all orders to help cope with prime day surge, they are choosing to just slow down processing for Ireland. It is not slow delivery, the difference between priority + standard shipping to Ireland is only how long it takes Amazon to ship it. Free Priority option at checkout has vanished on every single item.
    This has happened before at busy times, before covid.
    We're paying same price for prime as UK residents and get way less benefits as it is, to have the free fast delivery removed on every item is a bit annoying. What exactly am I paying for now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

I ordered a tablet at like 0005 Tuesday, be here Friday it says (my home in Dublin)

Later that day maybe around 1300 ordered a phone cable, be there Monday (herself brother in Navan)

Now both say Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

ted1 wrote: »

While that's true generally, I had the same issue with different shipping and delivery dates depending on whether it was directly to my home or to PM. It's only a few days but thought it was interesting nonetheless.

But now check the same tablet, when is the estimated date?

Which items are you referring to exactly? This tablet for example has an estimated dispatch date of a few months both for UK and Irish address, likely due to lack of remaining stock after Prime Day.

If you read through the last few pages the exact opposite is now happening, many people are now starting to get items delivered in one day rather than two days due to the new Irish fulfilment centre.

Which items are you referring to exactly? This tablet for example has an estimated dispatch date of a few months both for UK and Irish address, likely due to lack of remaining stock after Prime Day.

If you read through the last few pages the exact opposite is now happening, many people are now starting to get items delivered in one day rather than two days due to the new Irish fulfilment centre.

All in stock items.

Yes I know a few days ago delivery was fine. I'm saying since Prime day ended, Free priority delivery has been completely removed. Every item I check is minimum 6 days to Ireland, some 2 weeks. Minimum 3 to N.I, some a week. All the same items guaranteed next day to UK if ordered withing X amount of minutes.

They done this last Christmas as well except they only nerfed deliveries to the South. Now they are doing it to the North as well. It is very possible as Christmas approaches they will keep processing priority to UK residents and every item will take minimum 1 week.

Something to keep an eye on if you're paying for prime. If you have it to get fast deliveries, waste of money right now when you can get the same delivery speed without it just by spending 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

All in stock items.

Yes I know a few days ago delivery was fine. I'm saying since Prime day ended, Free priority delivery has been completely removed. Every item I check is minimum 6 days to Ireland, some 2 weeks. Minimum 3 to N.I, some a week. All the same items guaranteed next day to UK if ordered withing X amount of minutes.

They done this last Christmas as well except they only nerfed deliveries to the South. Now they are doing it to the North as well. It is very possible as Christmas approaches they will keep processing priority to UK residents and every item will take minimum 1 week.

Something to keep an eye on if you're paying for prime. If you have it to get fast deliveries, waste of money right now when you can get the same delivery speed without it just by spending 20.

Unfortunately its not just a matter of delivery speed. Prime gives you a faster picking time so your stuff is processed quicker. OK so its now much slower but it will be even slower for non Prime customers. Before I got Prime I had over 10 days wait sometimes even before the item was shipped.

Just checked a few prime items and they are all coming up with delivery for on the 20th so thats 5 days which isn't too bad.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately its not just a matter of delivery speed. Prime gives you a faster picking time so your stuff is processed quicker. OK so its now much slower but it will be even slower for non Prime customers. Before I got Prime I had over 10 days wait sometimes even before the item was shipped.

You can't know that for sure without ordering same item on 2 different accounts at same time. I'm pretty sure any prime benefit for shipping to Ireland is completely gone right now. That is why estimated date with or without prime is exactly the same. If you had to wait 10 days before dispatch for in stock item that would be some other issue. Standard free delivery without prime has always been 3-5 working days.

Just checked a few prime items and they are all coming up with delivery for on the 20th so thats 5 days which isn't too bad.

What items are you seeing 20th on? I cannot find a single item before 22nd.

What items are you seeing 20th on? I cannot find a single item before 22nd.

I just looked back at some items I'd bought recently and they all came up on as being delivered by the 20th if ordered with xx minutes but now when I check them again they are saying the 22nd :confused:

I just looked back at some items I'd bought recently and they all came up on as being delivered by the 20th if ordered with xx minutes but now when I check them again they are saying the 22nd :confused:

Yeah they do that sometimes.
    Last Christmas I was doing some last minute shopping and Amazon decided to suddenly add a few days onto estimated delivery on every single item I was looking to buy, from delivery a few days before Christmas, to after. Only to the South though. Parcel motel saved the day.

Last Christmas I was doing some last minute shopping and Amazon decided to suddenly add a few days onto estimated delivery on every single item I was looking to buy, from delivery a few days before Christmas, to after. Only to the South though. Parcel motel saved the day.

That’s because couriers are overwhelmed, never shop online after 8 December expecting delivery before Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 10,011 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I've 4 items ordered on Tuesday that still haven't been dispatched. 4 delivered today and 3 on the way, due Monday but An Post almost certainly will come tomorrow and Amazon always deliver a day early so that could be tomorrow or Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I ordered 3 items at 6.30 this evening. Two have already shipped. I'll probably have them on Monday although it says Tuesday.

I ordered 3 items at 6.30 this evening. Two have already shipped. I'll probably have them on Monday although it says Tuesday.

To south or north?

OK so this is really weird. Now the items that first of all would arrive on the 20th with Prime to the South which then went to the 22nd are now showing up as delivery on the 21st. Seems as it went past midnight the dates changed reset again?

OK so this is really weird. Now the items that first of all would arrive on the 20th with Prime to the South which then went to the 22nd are now showing up as delivery on the 21st. Seems as it went past midnight the dates changed reset again?

Yep gone to 21st for me now. Its hard to know if these weird date changes are intentional or not but its annoying. For example last christmas if this was the same thing which happened, they could've still been delivered in time as shown by dates suddenly going backwards but hardly going to order if its telling me they wont arrive until afterwards. Nice and simple for UK, next day always!

• Advertisement

Something I ordered around an hour ago, which led me to post here , is estimated 27th. I can order it again now and its the 23rd haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

To south or north?

South

To south or north?

What’s this south you talk of?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Ordered a few things on Tuesday. One was delivered yesterday, one today prime customer btw. And 5 or 6 other things due for delivery on Monday. Haven’t seen any delays from my end seems standard Irish prime times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

I found this week to be as quick as Amazon have been for delivery for a long time. I made 6 different orders over the course of Tuesday and Wednesday and with the exception of 1 (which it says is being delivered today) they have all arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

For Irish customers you have to factor in space on ships and An posts storage capacity. In uk it can be loaded on a truck and sent off overnight.

gerard2210 wrote: »
    For Irish customers you have to factor in space on ships and An posts storage capacity. In uk it can be loaded on a truck and sent off overnight.

This isn't the reason as they have removed it for northern ireland as well. They use the same shipping methods as mainland uk. Its fairly obvious whats going on here and judging by how quick people are saying they got their items this week.. it isn't an anpost backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

jeffk wrote: »
    I ordered a tablet at like 0005 Tuesday, be here Friday it says (my home in Dublin)

Later that day maybe around 1300 ordered a phone cable, be there Monday (herself brother in Navan)

Now both say Tuesday

Cable out for delivery in navan today

Tablet for Dublin still down as Tuesday (doing the grand tour of the UK as we speak)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭bilbot79

Originally my OnePlus 8 Pro was down for Friday when I bought it but then changed to Monday. According to An Post it arrived Thursday at carrier facility and then at 00:33 there is a note saying 'we have your post and are getting it ready'.

Would you say it'll be delivered today? Really want the weekend to mess around with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

All my orders are for delivery next week. Extremely slow. Even though I'm a prime member I wasnt offered prime delivery. I got stuck with all standard delivery. Pointless having prime anymore if this is how it's going to be. I should also note that my orders were placed on the first day of prime day, so I'm not sure how some are getting deliveries today and the majority of mine are for next Wednesday and Thursday. Absolute shambles.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement