Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Day - 13th/14th October 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Ordered a mobile phone and protective case package said 2 day delivery and arrived 20 seconds after i got the late text.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Johnrazz

Yes.
    Parcel wizard deliver to the house.

That’s for the reply but it was parcel motel I used and it’s to one of their lockers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

I ordered an Echo Show on Wednesday, and it’s not due to be delivered until November 4th :mad:
    Mine is coming sometime between 5th and 10th Nov. and echo dot is coming 7th December so you are doing better than me, does anyone know if the black friday offers are generally better.than the prime, I'm might cancel these.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,848 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I ordered an Echo Show on Wednesday, and it’s not due to be delivered until November 4th :mad:
    Kindle paperwhite 30th November.
    That is the black one.

The blue one would have been 25th December...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,011 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Johnrazz wrote: »
    Hi, been following this thread the last couple of weeks, cheers for all tips! Just registered an account this evening to ask a question about parcel motel, received a few items this week with them and have more on route just wondering do they deliver to their lockers on weekdays?

Cheers

They do but it can take some time. I sent one non prime order there last week. Parcel arrived to them on Monday but only made it to my locker today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭purplestar77

2 orders from Tuesday received today - a echo dot (gift for my sister) delivered direct from Amazon. Headphones via parcel motel arrived into my locker last night.
    Waiting to see if I’ll get the whisky order via PM - due to be delivered to NI today but was delayed.
    Another order fire tablet direct to my house expected Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭VG31

Waiting to see if I’ll get the whisky order via PM - due to be delivered to NI today but was delayed.

I thought PM don't accept alcohol?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

VG31 wrote: »
    If it's a generic Amazon box, how would they know what's in it?

Ordered beers from Brewdog, Beer52 etc before to PM/PW.

We shouldn't.. but we do..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭SourSessions

I've had gin delivered multiple times to PW in packaging that said what it was on the box. Only thing is, if they lose it you wouldn't be insured so you take the risk.

Once, in fact, they did lose my package for a day and asked what was in it and there was no comment when I said what it was other than that they'd put the trace out to find it (and they did and delivered it the next day)

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭septictank

Basq wrote: »

Had them stopped on me before, guess they are not stupid and give it a shake and then x ray. called me on mobile, to go out to depot, got the wife to do it, he scolded her and let her off lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Amazon used to just ship it normally. Now they do an ID check and its enforced, the drive will ID somebody so that tells PM what it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Parcel motel have an issue with alcohol, refuse it, parcel Wizard don't. I ship brewdog once a month with parcel Wizard

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭ozmo

Parcel Motel took my Red Breast Whiskey from Amazon - Amazon clearly marked the plain wrapper with a big sticker as containing Alcohol.

I had to go to some customs guy in Blanchardstown and plead my case - they were going destroy it as he said I might be importing it to sell :?? wha? - but they eventually released it before they drank destroyed it.

Funnily enough - I've since found out you can get it cheaper from Jameson's Distillery locally in Dublin (about 60 euros) than from Amazon sales.

“Roll it back”

I ordered something on Tuesday, expected delivery on Monday, which then slipped to Tuesday....and now I have just received a notification that it's arriving today.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I got 250 little baby bottle of Jager delivered through PM for my wedding 2018. Couldn’t be got here at that time. No problems.

Recently, during lockdown I got mini taps and 12 mini kegs delivered through PM too.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Basil3 wrote: »
    I ordered something on Tuesday, expected delivery on Monday, which then slipped to Tuesday....and now I have just received a notification that it's arriving today.

Same here. Ordered on Wednesday with expected delivery this coming Tuesday. My package arrived a few minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Package today was from an Amazon driver not an post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

Same here. Ordered on Wednesday with expected delivery this coming Tuesday. My package arrived a few minutes ago.

Same happened to me this morning. An Post delivered. Great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭snoopy84

My prime is up for renewal tomorrow. Most of my primeday purchases haven't dispatched yet. Does anyone know if I cancel my prime today would they cancel my primeday deals/charge me full price?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

snoopy84 wrote: »
    My prime is up for renewal tomorrow. Most of my primeday purchases haven't dispatched yet. Does anyone know if I cancel my prime today would they cancel my primeday deals/charge me full price?
    I'd assume it's your status at time of ordering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭VG31

I ordered yesterday morning with a delivery date of Thursday. It was dispatched yesterday afternoon and the delivery date changed to Monday. It arrived today. Hopefully one day delivery will become more common.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,011 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Just had a look at my outstanding bits. They're sending me a replacement 3rd generation dot with clock as my 9 month old one is acting up and resets haven't fixed it. Dispatched yesterday due 27 October!! Coming from Germany for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

snoopy84 wrote: »

No.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Forgot about the £100 for £110 offer and just checked my account and it didn't come through so onto Customer Service and they sorted it there now...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Parcel motel have an issue with alcohol, refuse it, parcel Wizard don't. I ship brewdog once a month with parcel Wizard

Their issue is as much with it being liquid as anything else. If a bottle or bottles smash in transit wetting everything else, they could well get grief from customers about the condition of the other packages. DPD say that they don’t ship liquids as well. They won’t entertain a claim if it gets broken

Something I only read about today is Households..

https://www.businessinsider.com/amazon-household-prime-benefits-shopping-hack?r=US&IR=T

Looks like you can share your benefits with your partner (or kids) at no additional cost.

I already have a Household setup with the missus on Prime so handy to just pay the one fee for benefits!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gussieg

did they honour that projector? be curious to see if its any good, i may have just banjaxed my blackview max 1 projector phone, already replaced screen on it twice ..

gussieg wrote: »
    did they honour that projector? be curious to see if its any good, i may have just banjaxed my blackview max 1 projector phone, already replaced screen on it twice ..
    They did indeed (for some). Haven't got a chance to use yet.

But someone bought it at £70 or thereabouts recently on thread here and used it, and seemed to be impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

gussieg wrote: »
    They did indeed (for some). Haven't got a chance to use yet.

But someone bought it at £70 or thereabouts recently on thread here and used it, and seemed to be impressed.

I project that people will be happy with this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Something I only read about today is Households..

https://www.businessinsider.com/amazon-household-prime-benefits-shopping-hack?r=US&IR=T

Looks like you can share your benefits with your partner (or kids) at no additional cost.

I already have a Household setup with the missus on Prime so handy to just pay the one fee for benefits!

That is so handy. Thanks for the heads up. No need for two prime accounts in the house now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement