Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Day - 13th/14th October 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,310 ✭✭✭✭ted1

torrevieja wrote: »
    folks i know its coming near the end looking for a extra ipad back up surfing internet , not playing games but not the dearest ,

i know some people mention fire tablet , but i hear you dont get google play , intersted what you recommend if i go fire do i go 8 or 10 do i go for 32gb or 64gb and just add a storage card any help appreciated

It takes less than 10 minutes and 8 clicks to get google play.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.howtogeek.com/232726/how-to-install-the-google-play-store-on-your-amazon-fire-tablet/amp/

• Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

rustynutz wrote: »
    I didnt realise the Fire could be used like a kindle, does it have the same "easy on your eyes" screen for reading?

Get a paperwhite.

Nothing else comes close.

Mrs bought me one six/seven years ago at this stage and it's still putting me to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭adam240610

Skerries wrote: »

Hahaha did not see these! Darn already ordered the headphones by themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭torrevieja

ted1 wrote: »

so which would u recommend ? is there a ot of garbage on it

torrevieja wrote: »
    so which would u recommend ? is there a ot of garbage on it

I find them good. Only really use them for watching Netflix, prime etc.

The kids play games. Nothing to demanding.

For 45GBP you can’t go wrong. If they get damaged you just get a new one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭septictank

More lightning deals after midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Peck3277 wrote: »
    I got the M4 version a week or 2 ago. Love them, made the wifi much more stable around the house. I'll never go back to wifi extenders

Do you need a few though? One has to be plugged into the router and is only used as a transmitor no ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Jesus i am nearly broke and now more deals.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

No more discussions about couriers on this thread please. Back on topic, thanks.

New echo dot released straight away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Kamu

Has anyone ever got an 'UNDELIVERABLE' Notice on one of their oders? checked my orders there and say that. First time seeing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

septictank wrote: »
    More lightning deals after midnight.

Does this thing run and run like Black Friday:)

Kamu wrote: »
    Has anyone ever got an 'UNDELIVERABLE' Notice on one of their oders? checked my orders there and say that. First time seeing it.

Have you multiple address options setup for your deliver to address?

Sometimes I get " can't be delivered to your current address "noticed. I then have to change it to addresdpals sddress

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭torrevieja

I find them good. Only really use them for watching Netflix, prime etc.

The kids play games. Nothing to demanding.

For 45GBP you can’t go wrong. If they get damaged you just get a new one.

Went for the Fire Tablet 8hd Plus without SPecial offers 32gb ill add 256 Storage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

New echo dot released straight away

Its been up for preorder for about 2 weeks now, due for release on 22nd.

Will be discounts on that Black Friday as now they have go rid of the excess 3rd gen stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Went for a Fire 10....decided at that price it was worth a punt

Picked up a couple of cheap sd cards as well.

Have you multiple address options setup for your deliver to address?

Sometimes I get " can't be delivered to your current address "noticed. I then have to change it to addresdpals sddress

I do have a PW address set up, but I checked the dispatch and it was for my home address.

"Undeliverable
    Unfortunately, a problem occurred during shipping and we had to cancel your delivery. The package is being returned, and we will issue a refund within 5 - 7 business days after the return is processed. We’re very sorry for the inconvenience."

That is the messaged I received, I don't mind too much, as the items in that order I could do without (Just clothes) but I have another 8 :o orders to come. Fecking prime day. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Small haul for me this year. A tile pro and a laser thermometer thing. Missed out on the One Plus 8 128 GB model for £399 by sleeping on it. Already had a lot of the smart stuff on sale from previous years.

Feck... How much was the Tile Pro?

That sounds like something actually worthwhile and of good value. I can see myself returning the security camera set that cost me too much and that I've no need for.

Kamu wrote: »
    I do have a PW address set up, but I checked the dispatch and it was for my home address.

"Undeliverable
    Unfortunately, a problem occurred during shipping and we had to cancel your delivery. The package is being returned, and we will issue a refund within 5 - 7 business days after the return is processed. We’re very sorry for the inconvenience."

That is the messaged I received, I don't mind too much, as the items in that order I could do without (Just clothes) but I have another 8 :o orders to come. Fecking prime day. :p

They might have been damaged/soiled and are being returned to the warehouse.

They might have been damaged/soiled and are being returned to the warehouse.

That would make the most sense, thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

On the air fryers I got this about three months ago now to replace an actifry which I absolutely hated. I had a Philips beforehand that was brilliant but too small. Two adults and two (young) kids in the house and I can get enough chips for all of us in this. I use it all the time, chips, fry stuff, full small chicken fits, roasted veg etc. It’s so good my mother in law wanted it too (she had a base model of some cheap brand) and we got it for her birthday recently. She’s delighted with it too

Tefal Easy Fry Precision EY401840 Digital Health Air Fryer, Black, 4.2 Litre, 6 Portions https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07D1LTRGW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fab_7S8HFb7A5M083

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lorrigoddar

Wow

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Feck... How much was the Tile Pro?

That sounds like something actually worthwhile and of good value. I can see myself returning the security camera set that cost me too much and that I've no need for.

It was £20. Usual price seems to be £25. Good timing as the battery is going in the older Tile on my keys and you can't replace the battery in that particular model. You can replace the battery in the Tile Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

On the air fryers I got this about three months ago now to replace an actifry which I absolutely hated. I had a Philips beforehand that was brilliant but too small. Two adults and two (young) kids in the house and I can get enough chips for all of us in this. I use it all the time, chips, fry stuff, full small chicken fits, roasted veg etc. It’s so good my mother in law wanted it too (she had a base model of some cheap brand) and we got it for her birthday recently. She’s delighted with it too

Tefal Easy Fry Precision EY401840 Digital Health Air Fryer, Black, 4.2 Litre, 6 Portions https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07D1LTRGW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fab_7S8HFb7A5M083

I have the smaller version of this (having also replaced an actifry with this) and cannot do chips properly. They seem to be burned or raw. What's the secret?

Sorry for OT post!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

It was £20. Usual price seems to be £25. Good timing as the battery is going in the older Tile on my keys and you can't replace the battery in that particular model. You can replace the battery in the Tile Pro.

First time I've heard of these. How effective are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,646 ✭✭✭54and56

Caranica wrote: »
    I have the smaller version of this (having also replaced an actifry with this) and cannot do chips properly. They seem to be burned or raw. What's the secret?

Sorry for OT post!

Do you spray or drizzle some oil on the chips (or whatever you're cooking in an AF) before starting to cook? AF's need a little oil which whizzes around suspended in the air within the AF in order to cook most things. Burgers and other naturally oily items are exceptions as they produce their own oil but chips etc definitely need a small drizzle of oil to cook properly. The other thing you need to do is shake the basket a few times during cooking to make sure everything gets evenly cooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

54and56 wrote: »
    Do you spray or drizzle some oil on the chips (or whatever you're cooking in an AF) before starting to cook? AF's need a little oil which whizzes around suspended in the air within the AF in order to cook most things. Burgers and other naturally oily items are exceptions as they produce their own oil but chips etc definitely need a small drizzle of oil to cook properly. The other thing you need to do is shake the basket a few times during cooking to make sure everything gets evenly cooked.

No never have tried oil, will do that next time. I do shake but only once as the beauty of these things is supposed to be that you don't have to stand over them. Will change that too, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Caranica wrote: »
    No never have tried oil, will do that next time. I do shake but only once as the beauty of these things is supposed to be that you don't have to stand over them. Will change that too, thanks

I would reccomend the shaking at regular intervals , its actually done to rough up the edges of the potatoes as they are cooking which increases the amount of small crispy edges giving the chip a better bite at the end.

The two stage cooking is essential also - the first 20 mins or so on a lower temp of 160°C to ensure the chips are cooked through and then the final 10 mins on about 180°C to crispen the chips. Obviously times need to be adjusted depending on thickness and potato type.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭meep

I thought I knew most things about Amazon, being their best customer and all ;-), but here's one someone might help me with....

How long do paused orders remain valid?

I dropped a monitor into my basket late last night. It's not due to be in stock / fulfilled until Nov. 10, but the prime day discount was decent. I checked out using my Revolut which had no funds.

Of course, Amazon complained that payment had been declined, but the order remains, at the Prime Day price. However, it's on hold, pending payment revision.

I'm not 100% sure I want this item, which is why I did it this way.

My question is, how long will Amazon keep the order on hold like that before it gets cancelled? Just a few days? Right up to the In Stock date? I really want to figure out when I need to defecate or vacate the receptacle.

Ta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

I'm kinda the same with the Kindle Oasis.
    Don't know if herself will want it or not, but I have it ordered on my empty Revolut.
    I'll just keep renewing my payment type every couple of days, and hopefully that'll keep it rolling it on.

They say they don't take payment until the item is dispatched, but that's not much good on this end if Revolut pre-approve it and take the funds anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement