Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Day - 13th/14th October 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

I had a couple of things I ordered on Wednesday night.
    One has a date of next Monday and the other a date of Next Wednesday.
    Both just arrived a few mins ago. An post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

bilbot79 wrote: »
    Originally my OnePlus 8 Pro was down for Friday when I bought it but then changed to Monday. According to An Post it arrived Thursday at carrier facility and then at 00:33 there is a note saying 'we have your post and are getting it ready'.

Would you say it'll be delivered today? Really want the weekend to mess around with it.

Mine always updates around 6-7am saying "out for delivery", if it's not on board already I'd say there's not much chance it'll be delivered today. Hopefully I'm wrong but that's my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭VG31

This is it wrote: »
    Mine always updates around 6-7am saying "out for delivery", if it's not on board already I'd say there's not much chance it'll be delivered today. Hopefully I'm wrong but that's my experience

I always get that "we have your post and are getting it ready for delivery" status some time between 22:00 and 05:00 for deliveries that come with the postman. There's rarely an out for delivery scan.

Occasionally with parcels coming in vans there's no out for delivery scan which can be annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

Ordered 4 items on Tuesday at different times one to PM which arrived yesterday to the Dublin depot the other 3 items to my home address in Dublin and one was dispatched yesterday says its arriving Monday but the other two haven't been dispatched yet and are saying Tuesday and Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 10,011 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

My An Post delivery due Monday arrived this morning. My Amazon delivery due Monday is out for delivery now. And my items due Tuesday still haven't dispatched.

I am glad to see they're mixing orders in deliveries, the one en route has items from two orders (though not complete orders) as did the one yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Must be a new thing

It's here since the price hike from €3.50 to €3.95.
    but for the 45 minutes I spend and the diesel it would still en dearer.
    ted1 wrote: »
    Add in the Petrol for ten round trips to the locker and parcel wizard is the best option. Especially if working from home.

I have completely different perspective - I have two motels in comfortable walking distance, two more within five min drive and four within ten minutes drive (and I'm not in Dublin). If you're in a lessly densly populated areas, the location might be a pain, but I'd guess huge majority of Irish population can visit a motel without adding any noticable distance to their daily driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

grogi wrote: »
    I have completely different perspective - I have two motels in comfortable walking distance, two more within five min drive and four within ten minutes drive (and I'm not in Dublin). If you're in a lessly densly populated areas, the location might be a pain, but I'd guess huge majority of Irish population can visit a motel without adding any noticable distance to their daily driving.

I can see my Parcel Motel from my apartment. Up until now it's just quicker to get things sent to Parcel Motel up the north and delivered to my PM than getting it delivered directly to my apartment. I don't mind spending €4 to get something to me quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

I know this thread is nearing its end but I thought some would like to know that DPD are to create 700 new Jobs.

150 in Athlone Headquarters. The rest will be at Regional Depots around the country .

It was just announced on Rte Radio 1 news at 1pm.

https://www.midwestradio.ie/index.php/news/42210-700-new-jobs-created-at-dpd-ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Item ordered Wednesday, shipped yesterday, arrived just now via UPS. Due on Tuesday according to my account.

Item ordered Wednesday, shipped yesterday, arrived just now via UPS. Due on Tuesday according to my account.

I think it's great service, I don't know why people are complaining

The only problem I see with early deliveries is when people are not at home at the time because they weren't expecting it then.

I wonder why their notification system is behind the actual arrival time. They are just giving out estimated delivery times and not real time.

Are they just doing this for Irish customers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

For those availing of the free prime 1 month trial, mine was running out the week after next so had gone in to update so that when trial ended I would pay by annual plan (but still had the reminder 3 days before set). After doing this I noticed after starting to scroll down the benefits page a button offering a free 1 month extension to my trial. So my free trial is now extended until late Nov.

Worth checking for anyone on the free trial and certainly helps with the fact that it doesn't look like we'll get a discounted annual membership offer this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

donnacha wrote: »
    For those availing of the free prime 1 month trial, mine was running out the week after next so had gone in to update so that when trial ended I would pay by annual plan (but still had the reminder 3 days before set). After doing this I noticed after starting to scroll down the benefits page a button offering a free 1 month extension to my trial. So my free trial is now extended until late Nov.

Worth checking for anyone on the free trial and certainly helps with the fact that it doesn't look like we'll get a discounted annual membership offer this year.

noice one

donnacha wrote: »

Great find, just did that. For anyone else doing it you need to scroll down about half the page until you see the Extend your Free trial offer

There is also an offer for £5 off your next order if you borrow an eBook for 1 month.

Btw there is nothing to stop all members of your household signing up for free trials. That way a different person can purchase for all each month and be reimbursed by the other members. That saves on yearly fee if enough eligible people are in the house. It would be ideal for Flat Shares and less optimal for a family unless there were older Teens in the house.

If that's not an opton there is an option in your Prime Account settings to share your prime benefits with 2 adults and 4 children within your household.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

There is nothing on my Prime free trial profile with that month extension offer

Ohmeha wrote: »
    There is nothing on my Prime free trial profile with that month extension offer

You need to go into your Account.

Then try Prime Membership or scroll down settings and click on Memberships and Subscriptions.

There is a drop down arrow on top of page that says manage membership.

Under Prime Plan click free trial and change the payment method from Prime Monthly to Annual.

Once you've done that the page opens with the offer. Scroll down halfway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

No option for me to extend either, might pop up over the next few days though.
    I keep getting offers to extend my Audible account for half price as well every so often.

Glebee wrote: »
    No option for me to extend either, might pop up over the next few days though.
    I keep getting offers to extend my Audible account for half price as well every so often.

Have you read my post above?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Great find, just did that. For anyone else doing it you need to scroll down about half the page until you see the Extend your Free trial offer

There is also an offer for £5 off your next order if you borrow an eBook for 1 month.

Btw there is nothing to stop all members of your household signing up for free trials. That way a different person can purchase for all each month and be reimbursed by the other members. That saves on yearly fee if enough eligible people are in the house. It would be ideal for Flat Shares and less optimal for a family unless there were older Teens in the house.

If that's not an opton there is an option in your Prime Account settings to share your prime benefits with 2 adults and 4 children within your household.

Is there a link to the £5 ebook offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Have you read my post above?

yes

The offer doesn't display now because I availed of it earlier. Hopefully someone else can post it up here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭ablelocks

can't post the link either -

Then try Prime Membership or scroll down settings and click on Memberships and Subscriptions.

There is a drop down arrow on top of page that says manage membership

when i clicked that, i could see the offer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

There is a drop down arrow on top of page that says manage membership.

Under Prime Plan click free trial and change the payment method from Prime Monthly to Annual.

Once you've done that the page opens with the offer. Scroll down halfway
    Thanks, went through all of those steps and I definitely have not received that offer. I wonder is it because I only signed up to my trial on Wednesday

This lightening deal popped up. ANC headhones down 50% to £23. 4 star reviews
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07PM882X3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_2hCIFb7N0YC1H

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Well I'm loving my Firestick. My first experience with Kodi and I've picked it up pretty quickly. I'm running Seren, Exodus Redux, Venom and The Crew, all with Real Debrid activated and have set up the Netflix style Auramod skin and it looks great with all my widgets pointing to what should be my most used add-on directories.

This time 6 hours ago, absolutely none of the above would have made sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Well I'm loving my Firestick. My first experience with Kodi and I've picked it up pretty quickly. I'm running Seren, Exodus Redux, Venom and The Crew, all with Real Debrid activated and have set up the Netflix style Auramod skin and it looks great.

This time 6 hours ago, absolutely none of the above would have made sense to me.

Any advantage in kodi versus TeaTV with real debrid set up?

Haven't bothered with kodi in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Any advantage in kodi versus TeaTV with real debrid set up?

Haven't bothered with kodi in years.

I could be wrong as I've only done a bit of research, but my preference for Kodi is just that it allows live streaming / IPTV add ons also - whereas I think the likes of TeaTV, Terrarium, Cinema HD etc. are more along the lines of box sets and movies?

I also like customising menus and all that jazz, so I like that Kodi allows that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Johnrazz

Hi, been following this thread the last couple of weeks, cheers for all tips! Just registered an account this evening to ask a question about parcel motel, received a few items this week with them and have more on route just wondering do they deliver to their lockers on weekdays?

Cheers

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Johnrazz wrote: »
    Hi, been following this thread the last couple of weeks, cheers for all tips! Just registered an account this evening to ask a question about parcel motel, received a few items this week with them and have more on route just wondering do they deliver to their lockers on weekdays?

Cheers

Yes.
    Parcel wizard deliver to the house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

I ordered an Echo Show on Wednesday, and it’s not due to be delivered until November 4th :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement