Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Day - 13th/14th October 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭TTTT

I missed out on the Fire 10HD. I transferred money to Revolut and then fell asleep. Are they usually reduced again for Black Friday/ Cyber Monday or should I just order it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thejaguar

If anyone happened to pick up a ring doorbell that they have decided they don't want - I'd be happy to help you by taking it off your hands....

It could save my marriage....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Caranica wrote: »
    I have the smaller version of this (having also replaced an actifry with this) and cannot do chips properly. They seem to be burned or raw. What's the secret?

Sorry for OT post!

I do either par boil (I’m lucky I have an induction hob) or two mins in the microwave while preheating, then spray liberally with oil/toss in some aromat/sweet paprika and Chuck them in. I don’t change temps really but I do pull them 3-4 times during the cook to shake well and spray more if necessary. I think the actifry are more on the you can walk away buzz, chips do need a bit of monitoring. I just toss them as I’m doing other things. Now my instant pot I can walk away from.... Best Buy ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

TTTT wrote: »
    I missed out on the Fire 10HD. I transferred money to Revolut and then fell asleep. Are they usually reduced again for Black Friday/ Cyber Monday or should I just order it now?
    Yes always their own products get the reduction first with loads of stock availabilty.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

First time I've heard of these. How effective are they?

They're really handy with a decent Bluetooth range. I remember one time at Dublin Airport taking my keys out at security and not remembering putting them back into my jacket while sitting on the plane just after I boarded. My jacket was in the overhead and the plane was busy with people getting settled. I took out my phone and opened the Tile app and I could see on the map that my keys were just outside the terminal building so they had to be on the plane. I'm very absent minded with my keys so I'm liable to put them down anywhere at home so I use my Tile a lot!

It also works in reverse if you have your keys but can't find your phone. You press the button on your Tile and your phone starts to ring. Mine is usually down the side of some chair.

If you have Alexa or a Google Home you can also ask them to find your keys and your keys will start ringing.

Tile also have a credit card size Tile that you can slip into your wallet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,974 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I eventually ordered a kindle paperwhite (black) thanks for all help in the thread.
    Not due till 30th November though (blue one wouldn't have been here before Christmas!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I just got my DPD package. I love how they give you advance warning of a 1 hour time period.

Waiting on an Amazon delivery and need to go out. I hate that they only let you know when they're 9 stops away. If I even had a 4 hour ballpark slot it would help. I know the rough times for all the other couriers and An Post as they tend to be in the area at the same times

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Mr.S wrote: »
    Loving this new Amazon delivery, ordered yesterday and arrived this morning, and a notification when the driver was nearly there and a live GPS tracker + the option to give them access codes etc.

You're lucky. My stuff is reporting delivery of Oct 21 & Oct 28 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

thejaguar wrote: »
    If anyone happened to pick up a ring doorbell that they have decided they don't want - I'd be happy to help you by taking it off your hands....

thnk of it as a lesson learned and get yourself the Nest one instead

• Registered Users Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭Treppen

Lads just to let you know that Aldi have a Tefal Actifry Original for €118 on Sunday 18th and Lidl have the Salter above Tomorrow.

If anyone has any other recommendations than above please let me know because I'm hoping to buy one tonight and if not I'll grab the Lidl or Aldi ones.

Read reviews carefully for that model. I got a Tefal in Aldi (not sure if it was the same one), anyway motor broke few months later and I'd no receipt. Into the bin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Treppen wrote: »
    Read reviews carefully for that model. I got a Tefal in Aldi (not sure if it was the same one), anyway motor broke few months later and I'd no receipt. Into the bin.
    i had a strimmer that broke and no receipt. i called them and they were able to replace it based on the prodcut code and serial number.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

A load of first prime day loot just delivered by An Post...more tomorrow:)

App says due tomorrow but was early.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,780 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, I've had something arrive or due everyday this week and until Tuesday next week. Everything so far has been a day early.

This baby arrived this morning:

IMG-20201015-122023.jpg
    IMG-20201015-122035.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

so jealous Basq, but equally delighted you got it...

i am still waiting on AddressPal to acknowledge receipt of that kindle i seem to be having so much trouble with, ordered it Tuesday, it was delivered yesterday to Hatfield. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Total spend on Amazon Prime Day this year: -£10

I suppose that could be considered a win... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

thejaguar wrote: »

don't know which one you are looking for but if you are happy with a Ring 2 battery (which I have an |I'm happy)... you can get one direct from ring.com for €99 (https://eu.ring.com/products/video-doorbell-gen-2)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Soarer wrote: »
    I'm kinda the same with the Kindle Oasis.
    Don't know if herself will want it or not, but I have it ordered on my empty Revolut.
    I'll just keep renewing my payment type every couple of days, and hopefully that'll keep it rolling it on.

They say they don't take payment until the item is dispatched, but that's not much good on this end if Revolut pre-approve it and take the funds anyway.

I Went with the oasis myself, they took the money straight away, Im just hoping books in PDF display well

don't know which one you are looking for but if you are happy with a Ring 2 battery (which I have an |I'm happy)... you can get one direct from ring.com for €99 (https://eu.ring.com/products/video-doorbell-gen-2)

Isn't that the price it always is?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,974 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I Went with the oasis myself, they took the money straight away, Im just hoping books in PDF display well
    There are plenty of tools to convert pdf to mobi if you need them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

I picked up that Projector, that was on sale for €10.99 for a few mins, for €69.99.

Arrived this morning. I have to say I'm very happy with it on initial usage. Picture quality is good, easy to use, sound is decent(but will definitely be connecting a good speaker when looking for a cinema set-up), and it comes with plenty of connectivity options. Also very easy to setup and navigate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

I picked up that Projector, that was on sale for €10.99 for a few mins, for €69.99.

Arrived this morning. I have to say I'm very happy with it on initial usage. Picture quality is good, easy to use, sound is decent(but will definitely be connecting a good speaker when looking for a cinema set-up), and it comes with plenty of connectivity options. Also very easy to setup and navigate.

Can u give us a link for it please?
    If your looking for a projector screen, look at
    Expondo.ie
    It's a German company, they deliver to Ireland. No delivery charge
    Edit, Holy moly
    I bought this one
    Size: 229.5 x 145 cm for 87
    6mths ago
    Now it's 169

odddavey wrote: »
    Can u give us a link for it please?
    If your looking for a projector screen, look at
    Expondo.ie
    It's a German company, they deliver to Ireland. No delivery charge
    Edit, Holy moly
    I bought this one
    Size: 229.5 x 145 cm for 87
    6mths ago
    Now it's 169
    How about the cheapy ones on Amazon? Any they worth avoiding for under £20? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Projector-Screen-100-Inch-Portable/dp/B07L8Y7ZS7/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=projector+screen&m=A2OAJ7377F756P&qid=1602767813&s=warehouse-deals&sprefix=projector+&sr=8-1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Basq wrote: »
    That looks very like the Vamvo 4000 lumens, but that one is 5500.
    The vamvo regularly drops to around €75 - €80
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07RB49JSM - down to £89 with coupon
    Excellent little projector, and I know it is one of the Chinese products with many brands, as I looked it up last year, but that Goodee might be a newer version. Great price at £69.

EDIT - That link was the Vamvo 4000 lumens, it is now also 5500.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

Basq wrote: »
    I had to go with a manual one,or a electrical one. Mrs didn't want a projector screen visible. And the setup of the living room wasn't right for a non pull down one.
    I suppose if you have a wall /space suitable, why not. Only 20e.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭boardz

This could be interesting.......:D

Doc5-1.jpg

boardz wrote: »
    Doc5-1.jpg
    Tell him the bottle of water you ordered arrived and it's a bottle of wine..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

FYI, anyone expecting a delivery to Parcel Motel today, there's an issue at the moment where they can't charge your card if you use the Pay As You Go topup. I just got a text saying I had insufficient funds, but my card is fine and should have worked. I called them, and I doubt I was the first as they were quick to tell me they were aware of the issue and I didn't have to do anything.

Never thought to ask if it will delay my delivery while they try to figure out how to charge me, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

FYI, anyone expecting a delivery to Parcel Motel today, there's an issue at the moment where they can't charge your card if you use the Pay As You Go topup. I just got a text saying I had insufficient funds, but my card is fine and should have worked. I called them, and I doubt I was the first as they were quick to tell me they were aware of the issue and I didn't have to do anything.

Never thought to ask if it will delay my delivery while they try to figure out how to charge me, though.

I had same issue and thought my card was expired etc. In the end I did a manual top up with PayPal (which uses same card) and that worked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

boardz wrote: »
    This could be interesting.......:D

i dealt with Jesus on Amazon chat before, if it's the same one he was really good and helpful! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement