Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE: Drivetime with Sarah McInerney & Cormac O hEadhra

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,116 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

O’hEadhra is getting torn out a new one by Maria Walsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,100 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

O’hEadhra is getting torn out a new one by Maria Walsh.

What do you mean by that? I just listened to that interview.

Is nobody allowed question a FGer without this pile on Brendi?

Nobody tore anything in that interview.

What do you mean by that? I just listened to that interview.

Is nobody allowed question a FGer without this pile on Brendi?

Nobody tore anything in that interview.

Francie, it is unbelievable that Stanley is still chair of the PAC given his record.

Unbelievable.

How can the electorate have any confidence in how things are done if this is not sorted.

Francie, it is unbelievable that Stanley is still chair of the PAC given his record.

Unbelievable.

How can the electorate have any confidence in how things are done if this is not sorted.

Brendi...it's unbelievable you don't know what forum you are in.

This is the radio forum. You listened to the same interview I did and your impression of a very respectful well done interview was that the FG rep 'tore' Cormac a new one'.

She didn't, she answered his questions that he has a duty, as a good broadcaster, to ask.
    It was a good interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,674 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

More dumbing down.. how can anyone be expected to take this "news" show seriously anymore?

• Advertisement

Who is the guy having a nightmare talking about the judges payrise?

Who is the guy having a nightmare talking about the judges payrise?

Patwell, should never be let near a microphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Who let that stumblebum on air to speak about the pay rise for the Judiciary ?

Surely the beaks have enough brass to get a competent speaker on air......not the train wreck we just heard...

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Historybluff

amlinopta wrote: »
    What was your favourite Christmas toy? Text us now on 51551. Dreadful

I don't like the regular pleas with listeners to text in about this, that, and the other. The show seems to be aping Newstalk's current affairs programmes in that regard. If I listen in, I want to hear breaking news and informed opinion, not silly and ignorant comments from Joe (or Joanne) Soap. Still, the show is better than its rivals.

I don't like the regular pleas with listeners to text in about this, that, and the other. The show seems to be aping Newstalk's current affairs programmes in that regard. If I listen in, I want to hear breaking news and informed opinion, not silly and ignorant comments from Joe (or Joanne) Soap. Still, the show is better than its rivals.

Just about......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

I actually enjoy this new show it’s fresh the two presenters work well together

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

I actually enjoy this new show it’s fresh the two presenters work well together

It's childish and lowest common denominator. But each to their own

jay0109 wrote: »
    It's childish and lowest common denominator. But each to their own

What do you mean?

The premier news show on radio on the national broadcaster asking listeners to text in their views, vox pops, fluff pieces, the latest campaign dressed up as news... This should not be part of a serious news programme imv
    When I listen to drivetime I just want the news, the facts, whats happening here and in the wider world, everything is just going downhill nowadays till the common denominator is reached

The premier news show on radio on the national broadcaster asking listeners to text in their views, vox pops, fluff pieces, the latest campaign dressed up as news... This should not be part of a serious news programme imv
    When I listen to drivetime I just want the news, the facts, whats happening here and in the wider world, everything is just going downhill nowadays till the common denominator is reached

All radio shows do this now, I agree to an extent regarding reading out texts and vox pop but I like the bit of banter all the same

All radio shows do this now, I agree to an extent regarding reading out texts and vox pop but I like the bit of banter all the same

Not forced strained laughter especially from O’hEadhra.....listen to the Today show BBC Radio 4 to learn how to do it.

Spontaneous, natural, not forced or scripted in.

• Site Banned Posts: 74 ✭✭Mickey_James

O'hEadhra sounds like Philip Bouncher-Hayes long lost son pre puberty

O'hEadhra sounds like Philip Bouncher-Hayes long lost son pre puberty

Got a bit of a belt of the pompous stick it seems at birth, in fairness.

Good spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Good spot.

Has "The Look" though in fairness if you look at the promo pic.

Jacket and black (Armani?) Tee so beloved of those who like to put themselves forward as young enough to wear that gear.

Most of them are not ...someone should have a word with Cormac....he should try the "preppy" look...jacket /jeans and big college scarf, so favoured by Tubs and Darcy.

Or maybe a disheveled "I'm not really a serious boring person" look as favoured by D McCullagh.

Has "The Look" though in fairness if you look at the promo pic.

Jacket and black (Armani?) Tee so beloved of those who like to put themselves forward as young enough to wear that gear.

Most of them are not ...someone should have a word with Cormac....he should try the "preppy" look...jacket /jeans and big college scarf, so favoured by Tubs and Darcy.

Or maybe a disheveled "I'm not really a serious boring person" look as favoured by D McCullagh.

Dobbo always goes for the business attire no messing around with him pat kenny opts for jumper blue jeans combo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Good spot.

Didn't get enough belts with it. An annoying little pr##k. Can't listen to him or SM. Terrible presenters altogether

Didn't get enough belts with it. An annoying little pr##k. Can't listen to him or SM. Terrible presenters altogether

You’re very negative

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

You’re very negative

Can you find any positives with the presentation ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I've only been listening to this the last few weeks. I'd agree there's a lot of fluffy stuff on what should be a serious show. Two things spring to mind. A discussion on the most played tunes on Spotify and some blogger, or something, going on about box sets she watched on Netflix. That sort of stuff would be more suited to Darcy or Tubridy. But they're both too busy interviewing the dying and the bereaved.

Can you find any positives with the presentation ?

Mcinerney fairly gave it to Helen mcentee this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Yeah i heard that. Helen McEntee spouting spin doctor lines over and over again. I don't think Sarah got anything out of her by the end though.

Im ready to give up on it, getting too hard to tell the dancer from the dance these days

sligojoek wrote: »
    Yeah i heard that. Helen McEntee spouting spin doctor lines over and over again. I don't think Sarah got anything out of her by the end though.

Unreal, mcentee was like one of those automated live chat boxes you get when you have an IT problem, wheeled out pre agreed lines, I know there’s a lot made of her being a young woman in a key ministerial position but I can’t see that she offers up much, a bland die hard fine gaeler who never operated outside of the FG bubble

• Site Banned Posts: 74 ✭✭Mickey_James

Unreal, mcentee was like one of those automated live chat boxes you get when you have an IT problem, wheeled out pre agreed lines, I know there’s a lot made of her being a young woman in a key ministerial position but I can’t see that she offers up much, a bland die hard fine gaeler who never operated outside of the FG bubble

She really is the most boring person in the Dail.

• Advertisement

McInerney is one ignorant person.

Won’t let Dara O’Brien finish any response that might show housing in good light.

When dealing with SF she is as quiet as a mouse.

O’Brien is a patient person, I know what I’d tell her to do.

Advertisement