Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE: Drivetime with Sarah McInerney & Cormac O hEadhra

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭boardise

Let’s see how Sarah handles this one with MLMCD

One name check so far, no interruptions so far, vanilla interview so far.

Second name check, no interruptions , complete free wheel.

Third name check, fourth name check, no interruptions.

First confrontation, all evidence accepted, ML speaking very slowly, ML not answering the only hard question Sarah threw.

He hehheh..... jeez.

Par for the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,906 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Wouldn’t agree with that Francie, lad obviously copped on that O’Reilly would bully the presenter and like the old Vincent Browne tactics and it would turn out into two against one tag match.

Francie, I think you are losing it a bit, nothing personal, but you seem to think that folk will walk into situations where the deck is stacked.

Even a grunt like myself can see that given the set-up in RTE,gives the government rep no chance at all to put their points across.

All you have to do is listen to Katie Hannon last Saturday.... completely lost control.

Need to up your game. Only fools go in against the stacked deck.

May or may not be the case Brendi...you whinge that much about spooks in RTE it is hard to know.

My point was, read carefully a chara - so exasperated was the presenter with the brick wall that was Mr Burke, that he revealed that he wouldn't take the opportunity to debate it with a member of the opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,063 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

boardise wrote: »
    Par for the course.

Indeed,boardsie.

Seriously there are folk here who seem to think that people are stupid enough to walk into a complete ambush.

I don’t really have to explain why this is so, surely.

So let’s wait and see what’s going on.

Indeed,boardsie.

Seriously there are folk here who seem to think that people are stupid enough to walk into a complete ambush.

I don’t really have to explain why this is so, surely.

So let’s wait and see what’s going on.

Cormac is a SF shill now. Dear god, the place is infested with them. :)

May or may not be the case Brendi...you whinge that much about spooks in RTE it is hard to know.

My point was, read carefully a chara - so exasperated was the presenter with the brick wall that was Mr Burke, that he revealed that he wouldn't take the opportunity to debate it with a member of the opposition.

What “ brick wall” was that ?

An argument that you didn’t agree with?

Lookit, unless the moderation is fair and equitable ....hey !

Listen to the last five minutes of Saturday with Katie Hannon last Saturday.

Only a fool would get involved with that shambles.

C’mon dude, open your ears.

• Advertisement

Cormac is a SF shill now. Dear god, the place is infested with them. :)

Your words Francie, these long hours are getting to you:D

What “ brick wall” was that ?

An argument that you didn’t agree with?

Lookit, unless the moderation is fair and equitable ....hey !

Listen to the last five minutes of Saturday with Katie Hannon last Saturday.

Only a fool would get involved with that shambles.

C’mon dude, open your ears.

Ah, the FG boys and girls not up to the cut and thrust of politics? Ah bless.

'Brick wall'? As somebody said on that anti-FG shill machine - Twitter 'Somebody take the shovel off Peter Burke'. :) Sums up his performance in words you might have used yourself a chara.

Ah, the FG boys and girls not up to the cut and thrust of politics? Ah bless.

'Brick wall'? As somebody said on that anti-FG shill machine - Twitter 'Somebody take the shovel off Peter Burke'. :) Sums up his performance in words you might have used yourself a chara.

Ha hA ... now depending on a Twitter grunt for ‘back up’

“Somebody take the shovel off Francie Brady”

Stacked deck Francie...... rabbit hole....... you know yourself:P

Ha hA ... now depending on a Twitter grunt for ‘back up’

“Somebody take the shovel off Francie Brady”

Stacked deck Francie...... rabbit hole....... you know yourself:P

Yeh Brendi, no-one is allowed comment bar the FGer. Silence while he/she speaks.

Yeh Brendi, no-one is allowed comment bar the FGer. Silence while he/she speaks.

Francie, get off the head of a pin and listen to the last five minutes of Saturday with Katie Hannon.

Stop trying to put words in people’s mouths.

Watch a few Vincent Browne shows.

That should do it.

• Advertisement

Francie, get off the head of a pin and listen to the last five minutes of Saturday with Katie Hannon.

Stop trying to put words in people’s mouths.

Watch a few Vincent Browne shows.

That should do it.

What am I looking for Brendi?

FG V The rest of the world?

Or there was a row in a radio studio and the FGer came off worst?

What am I looking for Brendi?

FG V The rest of the world?

Or there was a row in a radio studio and the FGer came off worst?

Bad control of a radio discussion should cover it, Francie.

Bad control of a radio discussion should cover it, Francie.

Ah noes! Write off all the content and output of the station then...close 'er down!

:):)

Ah noes! Write off all the content and output of the station then...close 'er down!

:):)

Aaah heeeyur....... just train/ get rid of the cause of the problem Francie.

You are doing the same as a lot of people in this country advocate,Francie, instead of tackling the cause of the problem they want to hit the whole industry.

Lazy mans way, Francie, not that I’d include yersel in that of course.

Aaah heeeyur....... just train/ get rid of the cause of the problem Francie.

You are doing the same as a lot of people in this country advocate,Francie, instead of tackling the cause of the problem they want to hit the whole industry.

Lazy mans way, Francie, not that I’d include yersel in that of course.

What's the cause Brendi?

What's the cause Brendi?

Post 163 Francie, c’mon.....wake up.

Post 163 Francie, c’mon.....wake up.

Not aware of a radio presenter yet who has occasionally lost control of a guest/guests. From Byrne to Kenny to O'Rourke, has happened them all.

Wake up to 'live radio' maybe Brendi?

Not aware of a radio presenter yet who has occasionally lost control of a guest/guests. From Byrne to Kenny to O'Rourke, has happened them all.

Wake up to 'live radio' maybe Brendi?

It’s the ‘frequency’ it happens Francie, and it seems to be the same offenders all the time, on both sides of the mic.

Now Francie, we are on the head of the pin on this one, I’m a busy lad, if you’ll excuse me, work to do, places to go.

Big Pearse due up shortly.

I will predict he will mention the word ‘clear’ in the first two or three sentences.

Standing by...........will have a tough job seeing Leo has put this crap to bed.

Move along .......nothing to see here now, Guv.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Tee-shaa.

• Advertisement

This crowd aren't half "orange man bad".

Check out the vox pop, and the interview with the Trump guy earlier. O h-Eadhra is a goon.

(I don't care about Trump much-but I despise bias in all its forms).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

Big Pearse due up shortly.

I will predict he will mention the word ‘clear’ in the first two or three sentences.

Standing by...........will have a tough job seeing Leo has put this crap to bed.

Move along .......nothing to see here now, Guv.

He puts Aodhan O'Riordain puts Pearse in the ha'penny place. I'm not a big Leo fan, but I'm cheering him on watching the smug sh1tshow that O'Riordain is putting on in the Dail.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Maybe ask Samantha about bombing children in their beds with drones Sarah

Maybe ask Samantha about bombing children in their beds with drones Sarah

Have you read her (Samantha Power’s) book?? Very enlightening. It’s title is “The Education of an Idealist”. It’s more “an idealist meets the real nasty dirty world”. It deals with the issues of being in a position of power and influence at the highest levels. It’s never as clear as it looks to others.

Cards on the table - I’m a fan. She’s not perfect, but who is? Especially in a very uncertain world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

This crowd aren't half "orange man bad".

Check out the vox pop, and the interview with the Trump guy earlier. O h-Eadhra is a goon.

(I don't care about Trump much-but I despise bias in all its forms).

I presume you're referring to the interview with Steve Bannon. A bit chilling to think that he was once so (supposedly) influential in the White House, but he was so spot on when he dismissed the indications in the polls by saying that the pollsters just don't know how to poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,477 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

This is the person that RTE saw fit to entertain on Drivetime not three days ago. What were they thinking?

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1324481449614024715

Well, he got reamed, a bad choice anyway as the man is cracked-I was more thinking of the voxpop earlier though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

Well, he got reamed, a bad choice anyway as the man is cracked-I was more thinking of the voxpop earlier though.

Well on Friday they doubled down on neo-facist lunacy by having the right wing TD Veronica Murphy on to talk with Cormac about ferries. Of course the bold Veronica couldn't restrain herself and decided to use the opportunity of being left back on the airwaves to settle a grudge she had with the off air Sarah from years ago. That was never going to end well for poor Veronica when Sarah clearly rushed back from the toilet and slapped her back down. She'll be lucky to get mentioned again on RTE in the obituaries when she eventually shuffles off this mortal coil.

touts wrote: »
    Well on Friday they doubled down on neo-facist lunacy by having the right wing TD Veronica Murphy on to talk with Cormac about ferries. Of course the bold Veronica couldn't restrain herself and decided to use the opportunity of being left back on the airwaves to settle a grudge she had with the off air Sarah from years ago. That was never going to end well for poor Veronica when Sarah clearly rushed back from the toilet and slapped her back down. She'll be lucky to get mentioned again on RTE in the obituaries when she eventually shuffles off this mortal coil.

:confused:

‘Veronica’

Da fhhhurck.?

If it’s Verona fair play to her , not afraid to slap the media.

Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,812 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

touts wrote: »

You know her name is Verona?

That's quite the rant when you cant even get the name right!

Advertisement